Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fixer ..... the SL murder of a profession

Originally posted by Alantria
    Sort of like that march thingie Mp's had, well we could one up it, take 30-50 fixers near a reclaim and terminate over and over till there are about 500 little corpses on the ground, yes its morbid and over the top, but Im just so curious what that would look like
    Woot! Sign me up!

*Let the bodies hit the floor!!*
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Originally posted by Alantria
    Sort of like that march thingie Mp's had, well we could one up it, take 30-50 fixers near a reclaim and terminate over and over till there are about 500 little corpses on the ground, yes its morbid and over the top, but Im just so curious what that would look like
    We could probably get same amount of traders to join in on this event
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Yes Kiisu, looking at those stats we both seem to have the least desire and ability to deal with SL in general, i wonder if we can get 1k little corpses on the ground if they joined.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

My suggestion would be to hold it quickly, before accounts fully close out .. ^^ my own account dies on the 18th. I was hoping 15.2 would convince me to reactivate, but... it most definitely did not.
    Sarenn 209 / 9 Fixer - Armor Setup omg outdated

im in too...

im bad at planning things im just the envisionare (thats prolly not a word)....
    Brodarious 208 Fixer
    Fayefay 202 Keeper
    Blancomeow 154 Trader
    Steviecheese 90 Agent
    MsPokes 82 Martial Artist
    Demophoon 70 Adventurer
    Weyo 59 Doctor
    Mrblinks 49 Enforcer

There may be no spoon, but there will always be FORKS.

Darkarch

ps: If you didn't get it, FORK = Fixer of Rubi-Ka
    Shirael - 207 Adventurer
    Darkarch - 200 Fixer
    Vhearaun - 120 Adventurer
    Groovyboots - 101 Bureacrat
    "...and she hit them all with that smile, like the Mona Lisa with a machine gun, turning slowly." Sign of the Unicorn- Roger Zelazny

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and see whats been going on I really can't believe this thread is still around, LOL. I've been looking around at the boards and the updates they've been doing, but haven't really seen anything meaningful enough to justify reactivating my accounts. But did I miss anything that might have been overlooked? I've heard theres now grid access from SL, but only from the gardens? Anyhow, hope everyones doing well. Oh, and happy Thanksgiving all
    Jennyfyr - TTL7 Fixer and proud Omni General of Alphastrike

The majority represents society. And if the majority of people around you think you're an idiot, you can reasonably assume yourself to be a social outcast

Originally posted by Jennyfyr
    I've heard theres now grid access from SL, but only from the gardens?
    Something like that... I think that the inclusion of that was more of a slap in the face than anything else.

Problems with it:

1) Level 220 Requirement
    2) 1700 Matter Met. Requirement. Thus, not self-castable.
    3) Not Necessary. How hard is it to get into the grid from Shadowlands? Jump into the Brink and then grid hom after landing on Rubi-Ka.

How to fix it:

1) Level 50 Requirment
    2) Level 50ish nano skill requirements.
    3) Works anywhere in the Shadowlands and sends us directly into the grid. No summoned items.
    4)Make a level 100 and 150 version. They are both team nanos. The level 100 version has a 30 second casting time. The level 150 version can be insta-cast with enough init (1/1 minimum).
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

Thanks for the response Hoops. But it seems there is still much work to be done to SL before it will peak my interest enough to reinstate my accounts. Namely more of a seemless transition from RK playfields and class balancing. Without those 2 things, its still an entirely new game. And had it not been for the secrecy during beta testing, i'd have known that from the beginning and saved myself 90 bucks. But whats done is done, so i'll just keep checking back from time to time.

The majority represents society. And if the majority of people around you think you're an idiot, you can reasonably assume yourself to be a social outcast

Originally posted by Steelyeye
    The only thing I dont like is that they nerfed run buffs in SL.
    YEAH... why the H*ll dont our runbuffs work in sl??? adv does? their morphs does... that really sux...

was getting free key from ergo (which is good so I dont have to camp greys ) and was buffing myself... voila... WTF... *ghrrr*

what about the new nano stats?? insane...

maybe not so constructive but I do think that our run speeds should work in sl since that is what fixers were good at
    rerolling on rk-4

Originally posted by Ordoz
    maybe not so constructive but I do think that our run speeds should work in sl since that is what fixers were good at
    In my 2 years of playing this game I've discovered some very important facts. Here is a universal Truth:

Once something has made it into the game, it is generally only changed through nerfs.

Let that one sink in for a moment.

Let's look back at History.

There was once a fixer love patch. We got an NCUHI and Grid Armor improvements and and extension of the SMG/Burst buff line. More imprtantly, we got new HoTs and NCU buffs that made fixers wanted in teams.

Somewhere along the line some yahoo decided that fixers were too good. Then came Notum Wars. NTs were given a 10 second Smurf kill button. It really drove home the opinion of this particular yahoo. Not only should fixers have to spend 600-900 million credits (or more) on Grid Armor, they should be forced to buy/get conventional armor if they ever want to live more than 10 seconds in a PvP fight.

We simmered for a long while. We knew the nuke was unbalanced (only someone of marginal intellect can argue that it isn't), but changing it wasn't going to happen. Ever.

We were told that we would never get an improvement of the Grid Armor line. How could we ever be so shortsighted to think that would ever happen? Then we learned that in Shadowlands we'd get something that wasn't as good...

I'm not going to talk about Shadowlands Beta because of the still-in-effect NDA, except to say that we gave them hell and only had marginal success. We still ended up with skill requirements higher than any other profession that has been 'graced' with dark blue nano skills. Worst still, we had to raise our nanoskills more than even the professions that have green skills.

Now that we can all see the Vision of the creators, we can see what the Fixer is in Shadowlands. We are the Intel 8088 in the age of the Pentium 4. Absolutely obsolete.

I have to wonder if it is deliberate.

Post RK2..I'm back.

POSITIVES:

I love the no yalm travel thing in SL. I like the no map. Use your brain to navigate like a true adventurer. I have personally NEVER used a map in anarchy online. I just go by the terrain. No grid phreak, yea that makes sense. That really doesn't bother me too much as long as our replacement medium range warp is truely medium range (Would suck to use it and warp 40 feet away only to be slaughtered anyways). I agree GA shouldn't come over. This just makes sense. We were told that a replacement for this would be in the works..hope that turns out good.
    -----
    NEGATIVES:

Speed. Good god I need my speed. This is the reason I chose a fixer. I don't care about being a tank..I don't think thats what we should be anyways. I chose a fixer because I can get myself OUT of situations easily (rarely using grid phreak over shear run speed). This comes in handy because I tend to get myself into trouble a lot (heh).
    -----
    The concept is good, but we gotta have out profession defining abilities. As for perks... I don't know much about perks, but from what I've heard they are pretty grim. Heres a couple suggestions:

-Root invulnerability
    -Short time massive run boost
    -GOOD Evades (I think this is also class defining)
    -Perhaps something sneaky and underhanded like.."Sand in the eyes". Quick blinding followed by a freebie 1-2 hit critical combo to capitalize (adjust per how damage is dealt when implemented). Kind of a last ditch.
    -Instawarp to predefined location (like bookmarking the location)

Thoughts?

Im not sure Defeegy why some of these things make sence to you, RP can be justified with anything you can write on the paper.
    Another words justifing mechanics with RP is nonsence.
    No maps really is a hassle, trying to get somwhere getting agro from one green and 6 grey friends and then being followed through 1/3 of the zone is wasting my time and no being a fixer I dont look at myself as an adventurer I guess, if I was I would have a map :P
    Oh that GA replacement is not in the works its the crappy sws, only marginally usefull in full defence, then say nighty to your damge.
    Yes Im totally not sold on it, havent noticed almost any difference wearing sws4, but really SL is a goofy place if not for HP modifiers on Azure you might as well wear flowers with 4k ac, the damage is so high 1.5k ac dont matter. And I thought FC said AC would matter in SL, I guess they meant mob AC.

As far as your suggestions

(Root invulnerability)...had a good one with GA, now you can buy it back with perks, super!
    (GOOD Evades) DoF special takes care of it, we still have good evades.
    (Sand in the eyes) I like the name of that one, that would fit in, were defintly shorted only less then traders in the perks.
    (Instawarp to predefined location) MP's got this one already, sort of taking the engies job.
    It would be great to offer something to the group, I still want the evac to be team, I would still like to get around better as I have on RK, surely FC can make some RP up on fixers hacking ergos ancient technology warping through its net to different locations. There, we have our grid back and no I dont want to do another quest for a nano.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

It was the name "fixer" and running around at amazing speed with guns blazing was what made me make a fix long time ago. I knew i would be faster than anyone since i could allways snare them on top of this.

I like the sl concept, new world and all, but when high lvl mps run faster than me because i cant selfcast a lvl 100 speed nano and my snares usefullness is questionable(20 sec duration) I started up an adv alt.

Atleast their speed nanos work and people will demand their skills in sl while i only hear bad things for fixers at high lvl.

We got a ok perk setup though, smg mastery is one of the best weapon lines, acrobat is great and works alot better with defence stance.

But all these some other proffession can use aswell, something good in fixer specific perk part is needed.

Im not going to stop play my fixer, but I got a backup plan(adv) now.
    Caljeriko - Opi _fixer RK1
    RK-explorer
    Uberos- atrox_enf RK1
    Keeping lvl 100 zones safe
    Caldraco - sol _adv RK1
    SL-explorer to be

Originally posted by Caljeriko
    smg mastery is one of the best weapon lines
    If SMG mastery had perk specials anything line Piercing Mastery, I'd agree with you. It doesn't. It never will, but if it did at least we'd have useful specials that do some damage.

Originally posted by Hoops

In my 2 years of playing this game I've discovered some very important facts. Here is a universal Truth:

Once something has made it into the game, it is generally only changed through nerfs.

There was once a fixer love patch. We got an NCUHI and Grid Armor improvements and and extension of the SMG/Burst buff line. More imprtantly, we got new HoTs and NCU buffs that made fixers wanted in teams.

Somewhere along the line some yahoo decided that fixers were too good. Then came Notum Wars. NTs were given a 10 second Smurf kill button. It really drove home the opinion of this particular yahoo. Not only should fixers have to spend 600-900 million credits (or more) on Grid Armor, they should be forced to buy/get conventional armor if they ever want to live more than 10 seconds in a PvP fight.

We simmered for a long while. We knew the nuke was unbalanced (only someone of marginal intellect can argue that it isn't), but changing it wasn't going to happen. Ever.

We were told that we would never get an improvement of the Grid Armor line. How could we ever be so shortsighted to think that would ever happen? Then we learned that in Shadowlands we'd get something that wasn't as good...

I'm not going to talk about Shadowlands Beta because of the still-in-effect NDA, except to say that we gave them hell and only had marginal success. We still ended up with skill requirements higher than any other profession that has been 'graced' with dark blue nano skills. Worst still, we had to raise our nanoskills more than even the professions that have green skills.

Now that we can all see the Vision of the creators, we can see what the Fixer is in Shadowlands. We are the Intel 8088 in the age of the Pentium 4. Absolutely obsolete.

/applause

This is sad but it's true...
    Brodarious 208 Fixer
    Fayefay 202 Keeper
    Blancomeow 154 Trader
    Steviecheese 90 Agent
    MsPokes 82 Martial Artist
    Demophoon 70 Adventurer
    Weyo 59 Doctor
    Mrblinks 49 Enforcer

We are a Grid-based prof in a gridless environment. Sorta like fish on dry land. Basically, as things are now, we just do not fit in. Fixer fit perfectly with the techno-theme of RK. But this mystical, spiritbased land has no need for us, indeed, it has no place for us.
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Originally posted by Kiisu
    We are a Grid-based prof in a gridless environment. Sorta like fish on dry land. Basically, as things are now, we just do not fit in. Fixer fit perfectly with the techno-theme of RK. But this mystical, spiritbased land has no need for us, indeed, it has no place for us.
    In my nieghborhood, we call that a 'cop out'.

It's fluff flavor-text and should have absolutely no effect on game balance. I've gone through this a hundred times. If Funcom put even 10 minutes into applying thier fluff evenly, every profession would have been nerfed.

Instead, it was mainly fixers who had most of thier abilities rendered non-functional and without proper replacements. Yeah, a few other professions lost thier grid nanos, but they all recieved other boons in the form of perks, items or nanos that made thier loss trivial.

There is no place in Shadowlands for Fixers. The obvious solution is to rectify the problem. But that is completely out of our hands.

There is no place in Shadowlands for Fixers. The obvious solution is to rectify the problem. But that is completely out of our hands.

Exactly right. And its for this reason that my money is no longer in FC's hands. If they fix it, i'll more than gladly start playing again. I didn't ask for this lousy excuse of an "expansion". Its quite simply put: poor design. Its not an expansion to AO at all..... its an entirely new game. And a game that I didn't want, nor ask for. But thanks to thier ever-so-informative NDA clause, I had NO warning of any of this. And to continuously insult my intelligence by bombarding me with meaningless reviews from some websites i've never even heard of won't change that opinion. I'm still waiting for a review from PC Gamer magazine that i'm guessing might never come. Hundreds of thousands of subscribers take what they have to say very seriously, and its quite likely that they're just avoiding destroying FC with an honest and truthful review. Thier reviewers actually PLAY the games they review.

So I can only hope that someone comes to thier senses and realises whats happening here...........before its too late.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by jonhagood

/applause

This is sad but it's true...
    sadly, i have to agree. i only go to sl when i need to. heck i dont want me in a team.... and since all i know is how to be a fixer, kinda sux.

laterz
    The Smurf ME!

and

A Bigger non-smurf ME!(so far!!) UPDATED: SMURFED!!
    UPDATE-UPDATE: Char Deleted.

and the newest edition:

A ugly MP!

Quoted:" nothing to quote anymore:" "Quote nurfed" Laterz

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast