Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fixer ..... the SL murder of a profession

Originally posted by Spirit
    Leave alone dead horse please
    Funny you say that... At times, this is exactly what I feel I am... A dead horse
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Originally posted by Kiisu
    We are a Grid-based prof in a gridless environment. Sorta like fish on dry land. Basically, as things are now, we just do not fit in. Fixer fit perfectly with the techno-theme of RK. But this mystical, spiritbased land has no need for us, indeed, it has no place for us.
    That's not exactly right. We're a technology-based profession that use the available technology to get ahead and around. On Rubi-Ka that technology is mostly about the grid. SL is full of ancient and vastly superiour technology but somehow we fixers are unable to utilize it to any greater degree.
    I agree with Hoops, saying that fixers should be weak in SL just beacuse there aren't any grid there is just a cop-out. It's painfully obvious that we're weak in SL just beacuse the devs ran out of time.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

"Bring out yer dead!"

Kag' - the devs ran out of time
    That's precisely what it is too. When I tested the beta there wasnt even a specialization quest etc to test the new nanos.
    I asked about all the missing content and was told that it was being tested. The beta testers just werent being included in it. I had to assume that the devs were testing our content?

There weren't any nanos I can remember to test in SL beta for Fixer except spinners and I don't think they worked right. They had different requirements (MC at first!) and different effects. SWSMKI was weaker than the vagabond cloak from the subway. The run speed nanos couldnt be used because of needing the quests that hadn't been implemented yet.

So even though I beta tested SL, the official release was a total surprise to me and I must say a bit of a disappointment.

So it looks like things will get fixed but It won't be anytime soon.
    It's not like any of you are going to stop playing anyway.

"I'm not dead!"

"I'm not!"

"I'm getting better!"

"I don't want to go on the cart!"

"I feel fine!"

"I think I'll go for a walk."

[singing]"I feel happy. I feel happy...........

WHAAAAAP!

http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scr.../grail-02.html
    Last edited by Qwikz/Fixalotty; Dec 3rd, 2003 at 00:29:52.
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

Originally posted by Porphyr
    I actually don't mind that. Makes one thing less to buff others with, and fixers have been whining for so long to get a speed advantage on other classes that I am actually pleased with this, DONT TAKE OFF THE 10 MINUTE TIMER.
    I think it's safe to say that you're the only fixer who feels this way. I know that I want the damned thing fixed and made not so lame. It's pathetic watching adventurers zoom past us even when not in parrot form.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Re: "Bring out yer dead!"

Originally posted by Qwikz/Fixalotty
    SWSMKI was weaker than the vagabond cloak from the subway. [/URL]
    Off-topic, but did you notice that the Vagabond cloak was nerfed after this was pointed out? It no longer gives +alldef.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

You sure Hoops?

Vagabond Cloak looks like it still gives more addalldef than the SWS1. Which really, just makes me laugh. Anyways, we tried for a long time to get the SWS improved, and really we dont have much to show for it, except for that removal of the stupid requirements. I enjoy my SWS, but if it had stuck with the old reqs, I would not be wearing one. Its not worth an investment in MC.
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46
    Narysta is levelling again!

The description got modifed in game for the Vagabond cloak. It doesnt mention anything about any modifiers now when you check it.

If the modifiers were removed, we may never know for sure.

Pretty crappy
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

Well, its pretty crappy that newbies would have to get nerfed in order to keep up the appearance that the SW is quite uber.

However, you do have to wonder why an item that any level 1 newbie can wear would be arguably better than something that a level 25 fixer has to do some minor twinking in order to get into.

Whatever, the more I look at the title of this topic, the truer it seems. Im just continuing towards 200 now out of spite.
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46

Hi,

I got no fixer alt and I haven´t read all the post in this thread.

I went to Auno.org and clicked at "Character info". Then I counted the numbers of MP´s lvl 201 and above..60.

If I count the gimped fixer profession there is 91 lvl 201+...more then the profession (MP) that gained some from SL. Really strange. please explain.

btw. I guess that it was more level 200 fixers when SL was released, but does that count as the whole explenation?

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Not sure what your getting at Upupa, but if you have any questions as why were no longer what we signed up for, read the thread please.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Originally posted by Upupa
    Hi,

I got no fixer alt and I haven´t read all the post in this thread.

I went to Auno.org and clicked at "Character info". Then I counted the numbers of MP´s lvl 201 and above..60.

If I count the gimped fixer profession there is 91 lvl 201+...more then the profession (MP) that gained some from SL. Really strange. please explain.

btw. I guess that it was more level 200 fixers when SL was released, but does that count as the whole explenation?
    What I think you are seeing is that even though we have been decimated, many of are fixers at heart. Even though it's not as fun to play a fixer anymore, we hang on hoping someone will get a clue and fix us...AGAIN. So yes, you may see that there are a decent amount of fixers still leveling. But maybe, we just don't know what the hell else to do. And that's unfortunate, because it gives FC no reason to care.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Well if thats the case I think you should look at the % of the title6 fixers that have passed 200, it was posted somwhere and for one of the biggest populations we were at the bottom percentage wise of those stats compared to others, so there you go.
    Actually at this pace the numbers will shrink further anyway.
    Really Im just leveling with my org, without friends I wouldnt be here, my char is not half the fun it used to be.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Oh, I forgot to ask a question but you understod the one written between the lines

I have been searching for what ingredients makes AO fun..Seams like everybody talk about freinds and guilds when they got high levels and the first fun of exploring and getting new stuff and skills faded away.

We (my org) have had problems with not having a fixer in our guild. The fixer professions seams to have been very popular back in time, but nowadays people choose NT, Shades, Keepers and maybe still doctors and enfos...this is my feeling anyway. Oh I forgot that my profession have been more popular recent days.

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Fun is talking to people and hanging out and doing whatever. Its also, for a good many of us at least, also being able to contribute to a team or better ourselves through the distinct aspects of our character. A MP is a major boon to a team as they offer many unique and powerful advantages to a team. The fixer has less to offer. A keeper has the HoTs; the NCU buff, while still useful to us lower levels, is quickly becoming obsolete to the higher levels; we cannot add runspeed or evades as we once could; our damage was never spectacular; and we lost the one thing that was always guaranteed to make people happy, our team evac.

As such, fixers can still have fun sitting at the Trade Grid chatting, but are somewhat put off with travelling to the Gridless Wonder.

To the original point, there were *many* more 200 Fixers than MPs pre-SL. Many Many Many more. The percentage of those Fixers who chose to continue on is much lower than the percentage of MPs who chose to.
    ESA - 80/53/46

Originally posted by Spirit
    Leave alone dead horse please

Bump!

When I read through this thread it brought a tear to my eye. The tear was of course caused by the pain, which was brought to me by extreme ammounts of laughter. Side splitting, really. Now, what are all you fixers crying about eh? Lets see:

You don't do good damage (Welcome to Shadowlands.)
    You don't move fast (Welcome to the rest of the professions.)
    You can't evade every attack with extreme evades (Again, welcome to normality)
    You can't meep people instantly. (Sorry, but name someone who can.)

You know what? How about you all stop crying your wussy eyes out and make a soldier, get to level 200 and notice that througout your whole stay on rubi ka you suffer ALL OF THOSE PENALTIES THE WHOLE TIME. Soldier evades SUCK, Soldier damage is NOMINAL, Full Auto, the supposed Soldier "super" ability sucks on anything that actually deserves a Full auto. Oh, and the whole "equalizer" for soldiers? Total mirrior shield? Fixers had their equator which was on near permanently, GA4. TMS lasts all of 1 minute 20 seconds, after that soldiers are nice and squishy. But all of you fixers knew that, didn't you? Cuz damn near every fixer here has pwnd just about every other profession in tower battles.

So, if Soldiers never had what you're losing, then why are you complaining? Simple, because Soldiers never had that to lose, and you did. Fixers were GODS in Rubi Ka. If any of you so much as UTTER otherwise you are a liar. The only profession in PVP to instantly LEAVE before dieing. Powerful bursts and next to IMPOSSIBLE to hit. Plus the fact that fixers now dual wield Division 9 plasmaprojectors (Illicit Laser Backups my ass, compare the stats to the Div9). How dare fixers complain that they're a normal freaking profession now.

Oh no, some fixer went into Shadowlands and got promptly pwnd by a creature that is GREEN to them. Guess what's worse, being a soldier with NO HOTs, WORSE evades, WORSE perks, and NO TMS. I don't even know a soldier that has any of the Empowered TMS lines yet.

Tired of talking about how fixers dominate soldiers? How about Nanotechs then? NTs can't solo in SL either. They can't mez! They're toast without a team! So is EVERYONE in Shadowlands, you NEED a team. And you know why everyone's run buffs suck? Because Fun Com knows that the longer it takes you to travel places the more of the game world you see. Exploration is part of the fun, or SHOULD be. Instantanious transmition to anywhere would make the game suck HARD (remember, NOBODY can use their 2 mil + yalm in SL either)

Don't like being nerfed in Shadowlands? Well you obviously don't know what its like to be nerfed in Rubi Ka. Fixers always had it good, arguably the BEST in the game. Now that you don't get the best, you're wining about it. Shut up and play.

~LordUther

*Reads UtherTheLight post and laughs so hard people in her office start to look at her*

Thanks for that Great humour post

Oh, and I guess you need to take some of your own advice, play a fixer to level 200

And as for always had it good, fixers pre 14.4 where the worst prof in the game bar none. Engys and crats felt sorry for us

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    And as for always had it good, fixers pre 14.4 where the worst prof in the game bar none. Engys and crats felt sorry for us
    Re fe re n c e .

...Sorry, couldn`t resist

btw, thanks for good joke, ULT. so now could you please give us some seriously thought opinion?
    Account status: Canceled.

awwww... the thread has attracted a little troll.... how cute!

can we keep him?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast