Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The MP Guide including MP for Beginners Guide.

Hey all,

I'm waaay behind on stuff at the moment due to heavy RL pressures involving doing up a house for sale, selling the house, moving from one country to another, finding a new career, training for said career etc etc... all in all I have little time spare for anything much at all.

As a result, I won't be updating the guide with AI stuff for a goodly while yet. Apologies to those of you searching for info on AI stuff - but I just don't have the time at present.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Hey all,

Due to a series of issues with out linux server at home, I've moved the guide to a web-hosting provider in the hopes of improving up-time and reducing the amount of maintenance I end up doing.

I still need to fix the picture links in the Weapons Guide section - but everything else should be OK. If you have any problems with the guide over the next few days, please let me know so that I can look into them. Either post here or send me a PM.

X

Hmm, I can´t find min damage info for the old rk pets in the guide. May be something to add

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Yeah.. you can work it out from the weapons posted in there... but adding minimum damage info for all of the RK pets would be a big job I think. I might add it sometime in future I guess - or just add TE/Caco perhaps...

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech
    Yeah.. you can work it out from the weapons posted in there... but adding minimum damage info for all of the RK pets would be a big job I think. I might add it sometime in future I guess - or just add TE/Caco perhaps...

X
    This is not very importent, but people seams to ask what damage they do at hecklers pretty frequent

First, I suppose I should say hello. I am new (about 30 days now) to AO. Have several of the classes up to around level 15ish. When I first read on the different classes, I knew I wanted to be an MP. After some false starts and learning curve issues, my MP is well on his way.

Second, I want to say tha t the MP for Beginners guide is very good. I was trying to work out how to get my nano skills high enough for some of the higher nano's and after re-reading it this morning a little more closely, I found out I was on the right track. The point on the Teaching's line stacking with the Expertise line was a great insight.

However; (isn't there always a however?) I think a caveat needs to be added to the section on stacking buffs. At level 24, by stacking the T&S, MattCrea and BioMet teachings and expertise buffs, I was able to cast the QL 33 attack pet, the QL 34 mezz pet and the QL 37 heal pet. Life is very good, until I have four or five creatures with severe anti-social tendencies pounding on me. I go and ask Patches (the heal pet) to give me a heal and he informs that, *You are too weak* and refuses. I then try to sic Phido on another, and he tells me the same thing.

Hence, the caveat... a blurb needs to be added that when your nano buffs drop, your pets will no longer respond. Probably very common knowledge to you old hands, but its quite a shock to us new people. And at level 24, grey and light green mobs, given enough of them, can kill you.

Anyway, all the guides have helped tremendously, I love the MP, and so far, life is pretty good. Thanks for all of the help and information.

Owaine of Rimor

Some Hit points for high end SL/AI pets :

Rihwen: 55687
    Zhok: 41181

Mortificant: 29667

The other SL attack pets still have the same hit points.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Hey there all,

I've been taking a break from AO for quite a while now - partly due to illness and computer restrictions. Those things have pretty much sorted themselves out in the last month or so, but I've decided to continue my break from AO and am trying out one or two other games for a while - like quite a few other people. I'm not leaving AO and will continue to keep my account and my chars. At some point, I'll certainly come back and start working on moving X further.

Until that time though, I've asked Metaing to take over stewardship of the MP Guide so that it stays up to date and continues to be a great resource for you all. There couldn't be a better person to keep up the guide - and thankfully Metaing has agreed to take it over while I'm away.

We'll be working out the practicalities involved and getting that sorted as soon as possible. Hopefully, there won't be any need to change the links or the urls to the pages themselves. I'm sure Metaing will update you all once the new process is up and running.

Have fun guys and I'll be back.

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech
    Hey there all,

I've been taking a break from AO for quite a while now - partly due to illness and computer restrictions. Those things have pretty much sorted themselves out in the last month or so, but I've decided to continue my break from AO and am trying out one or two other games for a while - like quite a few other people. I'm not leaving AO and will continue to keep my account and my chars. At some point, I'll certainly come back and start working on moving X further.

Until that time though, I've asked Metaing to take over stewardship of the MP Guide so that it stays up to date and continues to be a great resource for you all. There couldn't be a better person to keep up the guide - and thankfully Metaing has agreed to take it over while I'm away.

We'll be working out the practicalities involved and getting that sorted as soon as possible. Hopefully, there won't be any need to change the links or the urls to the pages themselves. I'm sure Metaing will update you all once the new process is up and running.

Have fun guys and I'll be back.

X
    Ohh, sad to hear about the illness. I wish you good luck and a happy return soon

Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Wtb Xtremtech back to AO. Illuminati miss j00!!
    Mickbinda: Redbow(zubok) Play's AO from a padded cell,he is a certified maniac
    Milk & Moochieez for everyone!
    Redbow 215 MP
    Illuminati President

Join my zombie army! Sign!!! *evul grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing
    Some Hit points for high end SL/AI pets :

Rihwen: 55687
    Zhok: 41181

Mortificant: 29667

The other SL attack pets still have the same hit points.

Tried to find out Rihwen stats, since wasn't in the Mp toolset table. Got almost all but the Rihwen AC, anyone know how much it has it?

AR : 1727 (unbuffed)
    HP: 55687
    AC: ~20k

Dmg per hit (fully buffed):
    min dmg: 1250

EDIT: Corrected min damage, thanks Carolina. Added AC value thanks for Metaing.
    Last edited by Mpever; Aug 14th, 2005 at 14:12:21.
    Forever - 205 Agent
    Everlasting - 196 Keeper

Last night I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow. This morning my pillow was gone.

Min dmg on Rihwen is 1250 fully buffed
    Carolina
    Maximiliaan

Squad Commander of Dark Front

Cant find the number atm, but Rihwen got just around 20k AC.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to write bug reports

Thanks this helps to know what to wait in the future.
    Forever - 205 Agent
    Everlasting - 196 Keeper

Last night I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow. This morning my pillow was gone.

Thanks..

Thanks for knowlegde, Very nice written guide.

Talking WOW Tx Bunches!!

All i can say is wow what an awesome source this is!! Tx n Tx again!

Updated the IP Distribution section of the guide to include a better introduction.

X

Awesome guide!

When you get time, you could put in an armor section, or better yet, an implant section.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo
    Awesome guide!

When you get time, you could put in an armor section, or better yet, an implant section.
    There is an implant section http://www.gameguides.ws/games/ao/MP...m#_Toc62034298. Sure its just the two basic setups. But cant add much more and still keep it general. Anything beyond it depends on weapon, playstyle etc. Though should be pretty easy to add evades, weapons skills etc on top of the basic setup.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to write bug reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast