Thread: one.. ok a few, well a lot of little questions

Question one.. ok a few, well a lot of little questions

Hello everyone!

I'm not really *new* to AO but since I'm not able to play alot I haven't had the chance to see alot of the game...

I have a few questions... maybe some of them have already been answered and other not... if they are a link will do the job for me.

(This is not a progression btw... so the first question can be about something, the second about something else than come back to the first thing heh... I'm messed up in my little head )

1- Ok, towers. If I join an org with towers, will the bonus affect me in shadowland to ? When can I start building tower and is it Rubi-Ka only ? (Guide for tower somewhere?)

2- If I start my char in Rubi-Ka, will I be able to use perk ? If not, let's say I start it in Shadowland, if I move to Runi-Ka after a while, can I use my perk ? Are the bonus of these still active?

3- What's the best class to play for someone that plays a few hours a week (like 15)?

4- Can you use the grid in shadowland to go back to rubika (let's say your a fixer ... and can you use their thing to get armor from the omni-pol) ?

5- Can you fly in shadowland (either with the mp nano or with a plane) ?

6- Is there any advantage of starting in Rubi-Ka then Shadowland and vice-versa ?

7- Why does every class specific forum whine about their class being gimp ... i everyone is gimped... then nobody is.. right? And why does a class is better in RK but sucks in SL ?

8- Everyone says the drop sucks in SL ... then do you always need to go back to RK to get your stuff in mishes ... or you can live your whole life in SL without any problems ?

9- What about pvp ... and mass pvp, where do you need to go to be active in those... need to be in a org ? Alone? Need to be at least lvl 50, 100, 200?

Well that's pretty much what I can think of so far... hope you guys can answer some of these!

Thanks alot!

I am not an SL guru but I'll try to answer you questions.

1.I dont really know , but i think towers are not active while in SL

2.You will able to use perks when ever you start at RK or SL.

3.it is all depend.. if you play for 1/2 hour per day (which is not so bad) or play 12 hours one day and the rest of the 3 in all the week it is diffrent. In case your avarage day you spend 2 hours it means you better take a proffesion which can solo well. I would prefer pets proffesions . Eng/Crat/MP. those are the best solo proffesions (I believe eng is the best )

4. no grid in SL. so no , you cant.

5. currently you cannot fly in SL.

6.I Believe there is no real advantage. when you start at SL it will be easyer to get the SL later , for example in the trianing ground you will get a map / bracer and some other stuff . but really , it does not matter. (you must start at netural btw)

7.every proffesion got some weak spots which will be better if they are fixed. finally we all the same. but SL is diffrent. because mobs AC is so high, mostly (99%) you will use your minmum dmg of your weapon. there are some proffesion that the minmum dmg of there best weapon is low. so mostly they cant fight.
    also some have better SL nanos some dont. a good example is a fixer which can not use is Grid armor inside SL and also cannot use run speed buffs. this make fixers pretty useless.

8.this is pretty obvious. for example you want a full omni elite armor at RK. all you have to do is get to a mission that the reward is one of the armor parts. after couple of missions you have all of the armor parts and you got your self a full set.
    at SL , all drops are random (except some) so to make a full set is a very long story.

9. PvP you can do when ever you like. in case you wanna do massive PvP you better get into an org , otherwise you can do massive PvP but that everyone attack you . PvP you can do at the arena in Omni Entertement (if you are omni) , you can PvP at lvl 1 if you like.

Hope thats help and gl

Nuno1

That's a lot of questions. In order:

1: Bonuses from towers affect you when you're on SL or RK. You can build your first tower at level 15 (if your guild has a low QL land area), nobody can build towers in SL yet, but they will be able to do so at some point.

2: Perks work wherever you are.

3: Sounds like you want a character who can solo well. Adventurer, Crat, MP, Fixer seem like good choices.

4: You can't grid out from SL (as far as I know - I don't play a gridding character)

5: You can't fly in SL at all

6: There are some fun quests to do in SL backyards, and some nice weapons to make, and you can get a bit more cash. Any difference will have disappeared by level 20 though.

7: It is the nature of (wo)man.

8: I doubt you can live in SL alone. You'll need to move between the two.

9: PVP happens at all levels. Alas, the first thing you need to do to be good in pvp is level a character to 150 so you can feed vast amounts of money to your pvp twinks. The higher you go, the less it is dominated by twinks, but low level pvp essentially sucks for the starter player.
    Ryons - Swordsman, gentleman and proud member of First Light
    Felton - Beware the leet that goes 'Pfft'.

1,2,3 and 4 have been answered, so i'll skip them.

As for 5.... I believe there is a way to fly, but I could be wrong. Doesn't the adv nano parrot give you flying ability? Some adv could please let us know?
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

There is no flying in SL at all. Also no vehicles at all work in SL's (All ground vehicles and yalms will not work).

Cali's form parrot does not have its flight ability in SL's. All it does is boost run speed and swimming speed.

There is a grid in Jobe, but is located in Jobe Apartments. The only way to get a Jobe apartment was to pre-order SL's.