Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-1 Entertainment Again

Hurmfph!....Well this never gose well....

So, Ben, with your effort for a cross-factional initiative against the Dust Brigade, how far do you plan on taking this? Are you just going to send a few soldiers to the reclaim a few times until they retreat, or are you planning on digging down to rip the roots of this particular weed, no mater how deep they may go?

I’m just curious as to your intent.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Yes, please do Fixerben and know, in this matter you have my full suport aswell
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I dont like April Fools, or even Fools for that matter. My intent here will be to eventually destroy the Dust Brigade at their heart. Theyve been allowed to inhabit our lands much too long as it is, and we've allowed too many opportunities for them to spread their particular brand of fear(tm).

Tomorrow Friday April 2nd @ 6pm EST/11pm GMT I would like to call a meeting in ICC for interested parties to discuss potential ways we can rid ourselves of this threat. I will also be posting about this meeting in "The Buzz".

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I will be there Im fully for a cross factional working to take down the Dust Birgade And ill pass on what I hear to my other red tigers Im not against this But its gonna be difficult to do becuase its been tryed before just so many times on wantng to belive only gets you so far

I'm going to need Security Volunteers so we can be ensured that the DB will not come to crash my party. I'd like to have 2 guards posted at all entrances/exits to and from ICC. So if anyone is willinto to stand guard please contact me. I will conduct the meeting in a private chat group so the people standing guard will also be able to hear what is going on at the meeting. If your intereted in being a security volunteer please contact me tonight so we can make plans ahead of time.

This was not a aprils fools joke Medjaj.

Ill be there Fixerben. I am positive to any effort done to fight the DB. Maybe we can also discuss some "other" common threats to us all aswell.

((00c: just a shame its on Atlantea ))
    Last edited by Naefen; Apr 2nd, 2004 at 13:07:43.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

ooc: Guess its time to make an alt

ic:

Just a reminder, tonight at 6pm EST/11pm GMT in ICC.

(00c: Alt, yes maybe.......))

Since I was kept from attending your meeting by some rather unwilling "informants" I surely look forward to hearing what you guys talked about

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Meeting went off without a hitch. Anyone with intel regarding the DB please send any information you may have in a PM to me here on the boards. Thanks

"You see everyone, almost two weeks ago, the leader of the Dust Brigade showed herself.. Cristin "Jadecrsystal" Rhees spoke out casually in an Omni comunications channel (OT-OOC) Everyone should keep an eye out.."

((pretty sure FC will rain on that parade seeing as Jadecrsystal is a player and that would be assuming the role of THE dust brigade leader, which last I checked was still not allowed :P))
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

{flame removed by timelapse}

The Dust Brigade is a player made org that works with FC. They get to attack stuff and it affects the storyline of the game. Meaning, the attack on Newland and Omni Entertainment, those were staged by FC with cooperation from the org.

Also, Jadecrsystal shows up on Anarchyonline.com under people of rubi-ka when you look up the Dust Brigade.. even ask helpbot..
    Last edited by CJ; Apr 4th, 2004 at 18:07:37.

If you guys have seperate RP things/events you'd like to discuss -- please create unique threads in one of the Buzz forums for it -- technically the only on-topic replies to this are those related to the story directly.

Original reply removed since Fant has posted.

Questions? Comments? On forum rules, can be PMed to me.
    Last edited by CJ; Apr 4th, 2004 at 18:13:49.
    ~ CJ ~
    Formerly known as Timelapse

Certified AO Forum Freak!

~ Check out our old comics here! ~

Angry OOC reply to situation.

Originally posted by Coolxe
    {flame removed by timelapse}

The Dust Brigade is a player made org that works with FC. They get to attack stuff and it affects the storyline of the game. Meaning, the attack on Newland and Omni Entertainment, those were staged by FC with cooperation from the org.

Also, Jadecrsystal shows up on Anarchyonline.com under people of rubi-ka when you look up the Dust Brigade.. even ask helpbot..
    Don't jump to conclusions here.
    First of all, the dustbrigade that exists as player org is not cooperating with FC or ARK, NOR has it been asked to cooperate in any of the Dustbrigade attacks the ARK events team has staged.

Whatever players of this org claim, it is untrue.
    They have nothing to do with the dustbrigade events, as much as they would like you to believe this or make you believe it.

So why hasn't FC done anything about this.
    The answer is simple. If FC takes out the dustbrigade, they will have to keep the same benchmarks to all guilds meaning guilds as Pilgrims, omnipol, terra firma, intern ops, omni-trans etc.etc.etc also need to be pulled aside for a name-change. I leave it up to your imagination what sort of a cry of outrage this will cause, so this is why we do not intervene by taking away the name dust brigade of this clan/org. HOWEVER a previous attempt at posting on the forums claiming responsibility and leadership of the dustbrigade has already been locked and we hope this is a friendly enough warning. Next posts will simply be deleted.

So, to make it easier on everyone:

1) ARK events does NOT work together with player orgs to coordinate attacks on other players.
    2) if someone claims to be in charge of a main storyline org that doesn't have a green name, ignore and disregard these people.

to underline things yet again, I refer to following post:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=245457

hope that clears everything up.

-Fantaghiro
    Last edited by CJ; Apr 4th, 2004 at 18:08:13.
    Events are like a pack of Dobberman pinchers. the only satisfying way to use them is to unleash them onto innocent bystanders

(entirely OOC)

No one's asking you to disband the org...you just need to be aware of a few things...
    1. Expect people of all factions to turn against you as long as you claim to be the real DB.
    2. Expect the real DB to come looking for you, since you're using their name. They don't look kindly on that, in case you've missed that part of the storyline.
    3. Expect Midia to do the same.
    4. People who have fought the Dust Brigade before will probably know the difference.

As individuals players do not decide the policies of major storyline organizations. You can't be the leader of the One True Dust Brigade, but you can always be a copycat organization or a small faction within the DB. You don't have to acknowledge this in character, but OOC it is necessary--potentially every enemy of the DB, as well as the true leaders of the DB will have you under surveillance because of your claims.

Otherwise, you'll have a lot of explaining to do to other clans (and especially your own members) when the events team inevitably decides it's time for the DB to attack Tir or Athen again after you've said the DB is fighting for the freedom of the clans.

I dont think anyone listened to murcia...makes most sence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12