Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agent Rifle, Armor and Agent Gear Info Please

Question Agent Rifle, Armor and Agent Gear Info Please

I wanted to know if any of you HIGH lvl Agents have any info on ALL of the Good Agent Rifles and Armor from lvl 1-220. I'm looking for this info in one place. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!
    Holding it Down in NYC!!!

LatinTek

Good Agent Rifles? What's a good agent rifle?

Unfortunately, I don't think this list exists any longer. You could check the old Agent Sector boards, and get a pre-SL snapshot. Since Tekkor left, we haven't had a good resource for that type of information.

Then you'll run into the fact that we're a varied class. A PvP twink will give you a different answer from an outdoor hunter, and theirs will be different from the next one you ask.

OBVIOUS ANSWER: The best gear you can twink into...

QUICK AND DIRTY:

Low Levels (1-100):

Armor: Kevlar - Shadowfade - Steel-Ribbed
    Rifle: Gripo - Caterwaul - X-3 (though I'd still throw a Stigma in there)

Mid-Game (100-200):

Armor: Tier1 - CDS - Barter - Omni-Ribbed - Gloomfall - Tier 2
    Rifle: higher X-3 - Longshot - Perennium Sniper

Shadow Levels (201-220):

Armor: Azure - Knight's - Tier3 w/ a Shroud of Darkest Night
    Rifle: Joy of the Race / Hunt

Now, this leaves out a whole mess of options (Tanks vs Cloaks, Arul Saba's, Sleeves / CritSocks / Scopes ) which are probably best left up to you. The choices you make are best developed from your playstyle. Part of the fun of this game is being able to explore multiple play styles, to which an Agent character lends itself well to.

Besides, when you see how many corrections I get to this post, you'll get a taste of Agent variety...
    Sjøfn - 201st level Gloomfall Agent, vacationing off-planet.
    Sjofi - 102nd level, Tier 1 wearing Shade, hiding for good.

"Don't try to cram, your dog with JAM"

Well Sjøfn, thank you for at least some of your ideas. I am hoping more Agents jump on with some constructive input. It might be a nice thing for the Agent Community.

LatinTek

Who else has info?? Sjøfn gave some good quick info...

LatinTek

Seems to me Per Sniper is the preference also over 200, for 10sec AS and 4% xp. Other than that it looks pretty decent. Azure and AF/Sent always a winner ofcourse

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Personal opinion here:

If someone owns JotR/JotH and still uses Perennium while SKing without very good reason (ie bad tank / acts as doc) he/she is holding the team back just like XPpistol users.

With the availability to great critbuffs and easy access to 250 scopes Joy users win perennium users in damage hands down.

Agents can be at fullagg most of the time without getting hit often or at all if the team has tank who knows how to tank. And if the team has not good tank use repressor and detaunts to push the mobs away from you while pounding mob with crits.
    Arcticshade The Assassin
    Arcticbunny I can build everything
    Arcticblast The Soldier
    Arcticwhite The MA Doc

Originally posted by Sjøfn
    [SIZE=1]Rifle: Gripo - Caterwaul - X-3 (though I'd still throw a Stigma in there)
    Now, I know the x-3 is bossloot only, but what about the rest?
    And is the OT-Windchaser rifles pure suck? Cause they're nice for other things at least and can be missioned for
    BORN STUBBORN

Gripo is rollable and shop-buyable. Only goes up to QL50 though.
    Caterwaul is rollable and shop-buyable at low level too I think.

And yes, the OT rifles are purely for buffing use only, the damage sucks
    Defect

Yeah, keep all of the buffing rifles you come across, they come in really handy when you need that extra x points in x skill.

The gripo (2-3 times your level) is good up to your mid-20's, then (imo) you should try to keep an X-3 (twice your level) on you at all times. If you're interested in PvP, then carry a Cat or Perrenium(sp) Sniper (again, roughly twice your level or higher if possible) for those special occassions.

I grew up with ribbed armor, then CDS, then AF armor. SL armor, for the most part, is crap for Agents. There are a few pieces that could be argued as better, but not by a large margin. I'm too old for the Barter/Gloomfall armor so I can't comment on those.

Is the red MA suit still of any value to the <150 Agent?

The main thing, I think, is, keep your X-3 as updated as you can. At the very least, twice your level. Beg, borrow and plead for buffs/items that will keep your X-3 twice+ your level as you grow.

I've forgotten the types of ribbed armor, but is Obtru ribbed just a smidgen better than Steel ribbed? Or do I have it backwards?

Obtru is bit better than normal steel ribbed. And if you are omni you can make steel ribbeds into OT steelribbed by hacking it (or let someone hack it) and then using omnifiers on the hacked armor. Same works for leather/sid if you are clan, but you cant roll 170+ or so leather which kinda blows.

Gloom is nice if you have access to IS 3rd floor and can raid there or join somone others raids for gloom pieces. Just stay the hell away from the horrormask.
    Arcticshade The Assassin
    Arcticbunny I can build everything
    Arcticblast The Soldier
    Arcticwhite The MA Doc

"And if you are omni you can make steel ribbeds into OT steelribbed by hacking it (or let someone hack it) and then using omnifiers on the hacked armor."

OT steel-ribbed armour seem really nice around l.140'ish. Q200 set without helmet is --aside from radiation hole-- very close to q160 tier.1, ac-wise... but adds well over 100 points to melee evades in comparison and some to other evades, which is never a bad thing. ;s

I got a perennium sniper on at level 20, loved it.. although i'm hearing mixed feelings about cat's working better in ely than a perennium does, but we'll see
    Surge 201 MA, Surgikal 150 Enf, Xeqtrr 128 Agent

P.Snipers cost the most from all the Perenniums -.-

p sniper cost teh less you meen .
    Pblaster is the most expensive then it s Pbeamer
    Cordura agent 216 Defender Rank : Competent (15)
    Kasstoa 149 enf Defender Rank : Suited (16)
    JdealdladopeDefender Rank : Starter (4)
    DRevil lvl 8X Doc Retired old boy

Originally posted by Sjøfn
    Low Levels (1-100):

Armor: Kevlar - Shadowfade - Steel-Ribbed
    Rifle: Gripo - Caterwaul - X-3 (though I'd still throw a Stigma in there)
    I would add predator's armor to the list (small crit buff, hackable sock if you're tired of having something ridiculous on your head, good init buffs, good evade buffs, is really easy to equip early on). I would also consider prowler, it has lowish AC, but it looks nice and has good evade and init buffs, and is levelling...

My agent loves his sock, though h`'s a level 40 tower twink with a 130 Caterwaul =/
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Originally posted by Arctic
    Personal opinion here:

If someone owns JotR/JotH and still uses Perennium while SKing without very good reason (ie bad tank / acts as doc) he/she is holding the team back just like XPpistol users.
    maybe a bit off the initial topic, but dont agree. Due to the fast 10sec AS-recycle on p-sniper compared to joth/r i prefer the perennium.
    laying down 10-13k AS every 10 sec on top of the regular damage tops the joth/r according to my tests

This works only if u are able to land the AS of course
    Zcope 210 Agent
    Snowhawk5 200 Crat
    Snowi
    175+ Enforcer
    Ancarim Iron Legion

Originally posted by eaze™
    Seems to me Per Sniper is the preference also over 200, for 10sec AS and 4% xp. Other than that it looks pretty decent.

hehe WTB new graphic for the big blue dildo! ... seriously i think it preforms well
    but its ugly.
    Soldier Nabkhet (the new main)
    Agent Naobe
    Soldier Lilmut (Retired)
    Enforcer Famine Somebody stole my name...
    Engineer Batteries
    Doctor Nebkhat
    Advy Khoel

Quote Originally Posted by Zcope
    maybe a bit off the initial topic, but dont agree. Due to the fast 10sec AS-recycle on p-sniper compared to joth/r i prefer the perennium.
    laying down 10-13k AS every 10 sec on top of the regular damage tops the joth/r according to my tests

Are you talking strictly about PvP?

Is it possible to land more than one AS on a mob?

Quote Originally Posted by Zcope

Perenium is better for pvp, but thats about it. Arctic is right, about the only reason to use the peren while sking instead of a Joy is if you are either healing or calming or casting some other way. Killing at least 10% faster is better than 4% extra xp mod any day. As far as AS refresh goes, you usually have more than enough time for AS to refresh between hecklers.
    Mimic: Agent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast