Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

Downloaded AOS3_CP_Edition.NET2 today; can't get the emulator to run. I've tried giving it administrator privileges; didn't help. When I double click the AOSkills icon it immediately stops working and Windows doesn't fins a solution to the problem. Win7x64 Home Premium.

Also, I can't get the CP to work. I start it up, zone, add me city & contracts, but when I hit 'Select' the folder is empty. WTB instructions, please.

By the way" AOIA is a priceless gem, thank you very much for this.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Found an old, stand-alone copy of AOSkills (v2.38) and there is a problem going from level 155 to 156 on a Soli Doc: I can only spend 1 point STR. This seems to aggregate because at level 218 all attributes are 750, except for STR which is 742.

I'm sure this has been fixed in later versions but as this is the only version I can get to run it's what I have to work with.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

CP requires Anarchy Online Item Assistant (which isn't mine) installed in the same folder and running with it's record feature enabled to capture the raw data, CP is only a parser.

And you aren't the only person to have issues running this build of AOS, but I'm not sure what is happening as it runs fine here... and I'd expect some sort of error, if only from the .NET runtime... so just hanging is rather weird. If I find anything out I'll post here, but may just need to run older version for now.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Downloaded AOS3_CP_Edition.NET2 today; can't get the emulator to run. I've tried giving it administrator privileges; didn't help. When I double click the AOSkills icon it immediately stops working and Windows doesn't fins a solution to the problem. Win7x64 Home Premium.
    -=-=-=-=
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Is there anything in the event log? Failing that you may need to use something like SysInternal's Process Monitor to try and see what it is up to. As I said, it runs fine for me, both on XPPro 32-bit and Win7Home 64-bit, so I'm afraid I can't help without some further clues.

Out of curiosity, you have copied the System.Data.SQLite.DLL from the 64bit folder into the same folder as the main exe?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

I'm tweaking the way startup is done for the next version. It will be interesting to see if that helps

I had the same exact problem as the previous poster until I moved the 64-bit dll. Same OSetc

Not updated this in a while, but I hope to get a new build up this weekend with a new icon extractor (so I don't have to ship icon files any more) and a number of bug fixes.

Can't wait for that release ^^
    Been using this for a number of years, would love to see more in it
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Yes, this program is the reason I've been able to twink on some of the stuff I have. I would never do it all manually.

With IA in the folder also goto either the Win32 or Win64 folder and copy the dll out of it into the main folder to have the correct dll file for the system you have. After doing that the application worked for me

I've added a launcher that will get the right DLL for you... you'll only need to use it once...(or after you change from 32 to 64 bit or something ) but should make it easier

Just checking everything atm... so it may appear later this evening... and if not, it will be tomorrow

v3.07
    Further tweaks and fixes, including equipment screen search and some basic fixes for higher dpi displays.

Let me know if there are any issues, especially if you are using a dpi setting in windows other than the standard one.

Download in usual place (see signature).

Notes : on first run you may wish to run aosLoader.exe which will ensure you get the right DLL for the data access. After that you can run AOSkills.exe directly.

IconExtractor is new (so much smaller download size!) and you'll need to run that to get the icons for the equipment screen.

Queries, questions etc, post here or PM me

Hi Darkbane,

I have been running your skill emulator using Wine, and it has been working fine, but the latest release, although the zip file advertises that it only requires .NET 2.0, when I try to run it, I get a dialogue box telling me I need .NET 4.0. Is that really the case? or do you simply need to adjust your project file and compile AOSkills to use the correct version of .Net?

Thanks,
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Hey,

It doesn't seem to run on windows 7 64bits. Both aosLoader.exe and AOSkills.exe return APPCRASH.
    Been a long time I haven't used your program though - however AOIA is running smoothly.

Any clue?
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: No, mswarm
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: You cant petition me for harasment for kicking you from my own bot lol

[Koreteve]: your a dog in the Grid

I overwrote my old folder using win7 x64 and crash same as you.

I put the aoitems.db from my old folder into the new install and it started right up.

Ah... the compiler config seems to have become reset somewhere... I've recompiled it to .NET 2.0 and re-upload... please try it again and let me know.

Don't know if that is related to Gridz' issue though... it was compiled under Win7 64bit as that's what I'm using too... see if the new version works any better for you?

It doesn't seem to change anything unfortunately. Also Icon Extractor stalls and then returns "Unable to execute query". Running everything under admin privileges doesn't sort anything out either
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: You cant petition me for harasment for kicking you from my own bot lol

Thanks. The newly recompiled version seems to work for me.

aosLoader.exe still seems to be built with the .NET 4.0 profile (still get that error when I try to run it).

I manually moved the dll from 32bit into the install directory and I copied my aoitems.db from my ItemAssistant directory into the current directory, and then I was able to get AOSkills to fire up. I ran ExtractIcons to get a directory full of PNGs in the icons directory.

I don't see anything at all in the select boxes on the "Equipment Configurator" window, but I do see symbiants in the "Implants Configurator" window. But aside from that, the rest seems to be working now. Thanks again.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

If I manually copy the 64bit dll in the install folder, things get a little better. Icon Extractor still crashes (Unhandled exception - Could not load file or assembly System.Data.SQLite, Verson [...] An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.), but AOSkills seem more keen to run, but says my db disk image is malformed... I'll try to play around with it later today when I get back home.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast