Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

I was actually working on updating the item and nano info in Nilan's old beta version one (the one with an AI perks tab). Guess I'll stop working on that.

Ok, an update.

I am hoping to have a beta version out shortly. I just need to get documentation sorted out. This will be a single release containing AOSkills 3.0, Characterprofiler 2.0, implantHelper 1.16 and ItemAssistant 0.9.7 CP 2 edition (this is required as the standard 0.9.7 does not store item slot information in it's database which AOSkills 3.0 requires).

There will be bugs, things are a bit clunky, the source is a bit f a mess, but once I get it released in some form, i can get to work sorting all that out... probably
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

download - it's a biggish file, I need to strip out a few more icons...

Now, again, this is a beta, I've a lot of polishing to do yet, but I'll throw it out there to get some feedback and bug reports and stuff.

Usage Notes
    ===========

Firstly, you will need to let the supplied version ItemAssistant build a new item database (aoitems.db). You can copy across your character database (ItemAssistant.db), but the item database needs to have been built with the supplied AOIA so that information about which slots an item can be equipped in are available to AOSkills.

With ItemAssistant running, you can toggle on the record character function and perform the following actions:

Zone
    Press F1 and then T
    Type /org contract
    Type /org city

This will dump out the necessary raw data files that CharacterParser needs into the binfiles folder. You can leave this function toggled on, but it may slightly degrade game performace, so I would recommend you only enable it when you want to create a new character dump.

Now, start up CharacterParser, hit Select, pick the datafile named after the character you wish to process and wait for the Finished dialog to appear.

This will have created a number of files in various folders, but the main one will be the character_<name>.xml file in the chars folder. Unlike previous versions of CharacterParser, this contains everything about your character other than currently running buffs.

So, start AOSkills and simply pick File -> Open...

A Note: AOSkills v3 is slower than v2 both on startup and on loading characters due to having to access the item database. Other operations should be much the same. I'll add some sort of activity monitor to these parts in a future version so it's a bit more obvious what's going on.

The new bits...

The main changes are to the equipment and implant handling. These two features are found under the Equipment menu. The Equipment form gives access to a paper-doll view of the character's Weapon and Armor tabs, and the Implant view gives an implantHelper-like view of the character's Implant tab.

To use the Equipment view, click on a slot and wait for the available equipment list be generated, then simply select the item on the list, pick the QL, and hit Allocate. You can also select a slot and hit Clear to remove the item all together. Note that the list of available items and QLs is generated based on your current stats (minus the item in that slot, so it will currently fail to take hot-swapping of weapons into account).

The Implant view is currently a bit different. Initially, all the implant slots (each line) are locked. If you click on the padlock, then you will unequip the currently equipped implant/symbiant/spirit and the list of available items and QLs will then be built on the basis. This may be tweaked in future, but for now, if you accidentally unequip an implant/symbiant/spirit, you'll need to relaod the character (no equipable checks are performed when the character is loaded).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

This combo package is awesome. Probably the single most useful utility I have found for AO. Thanks for doing this!

My only wish now would be to find a way to post my charcter database onto the web so I can search it from wherever I am...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    With ItemAssistant running, you can toggle on the record character function and perform the following actions:

Zone
    Press F1 and then T
    Type /org contract
    Type /org city

This will dump out the necessary raw data files that CharacterParser needs into the binfiles folder. You can leave this function toggled on, but it may slightly degrade game performace, so I would recommend you only enable it when you want to create a new character dump.
    With the current version i was using this also, but even then i still get sometimes that the characterparse was hanging at the org part. Will try this first time I can and hope this will work. Needless to say I love your tools
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

I think this is due to the org contracts packet dump not always having the right data in it (it seems the same packet has several uses). I'll probably try and add some code to detect this and issue a warning, or see if I can identify the version of the packet I want and get AOIA to ignore the others.

Probably another reason to not leave AOIA recording character info meantime though, and do /org contract last, just before turning the recording off.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Feb 2nd, 2011 at 15:03:37.

I think this is due to the org contracts packet dump not always having the right data in it (it seems the same packet has several uses). I'll probably try and add some code to detect this and issue a warning, or see if I can identify the version of the packet I want and get AOIA to ignore the others.

Probably another reason to not leave AOIA recording character info meantime though, and do /org contract last, just before turning the recording off.
    Oke...the record button i always have this enable...will only enable it when needed.
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Did as described but characterparser hangs at reading personal tower info. Equipment and implant are not created anymore (or option to do that) so you have to pick the items yourself instead of importing it?

Edit: ahh...you can load the character and everthing is already build for you including equipment and implants...nice
    Last edited by Qret; Feb 4th, 2011 at 07:52:43.
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

What Qret said, it hangs on Parsing Tower Info part. I know Xyphos character parser works fine and saves the info in a xml file as well, may want to look into that.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Hmm, ok, I'll see if I can reproduce that.

Tried on another toon (who's also member of same org) and CP finished normal. Did again on original toon and hangs on the personal tower part.

But it look very very cool

Also created the missing buffs:
    medical-, combat-, tradeskill- and tradeskillexpertise buffs...
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Could you zip up the offending character's raw files (in binfiles, all those that start with the character's name) and post the zip to a fileshare site or the like and PM me the link? I've not found any of my test data that hangs there, so a known "bad" data set would be helpful.

And I'll have those buffs added to the next release, just forgot this time round...

Thank you for that, and for the buff files too Now I just need to figure out what to do about the issue.

Edit: hmm, wonder if the info I had on this packet's flags was wrong? I was checking bit 1 for having towers, but maybe it's bit 2? I'll check over a few more character's, but that may be it...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Feb 4th, 2011 at 21:50:22.

Hey Darkbane, I was wondering if you could make an AOSkills version for one of the newer .NET frameworks please? Mono has moved away from supporting 1.x as of version 2.8, and the current latest version of Mono is 2.10.1.

I managed to successfully compile AOSkills2.exe using the vbnc compiler and the program works, SORT OF, but it'll lock up when you attempt to add buffs or organization benefits or equipment to the emulator.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Yeah, I can compile to later versions as I've VS2010 on my laptop... just need to copy the files over and stuff... I'll do a new release this weekend compiled to .NET 3.0 I guess.

Very nice tool.
    Dunno why the modified AOIA works fie by itself, but when the skill emu runs along it always crashed when i try to access equip/implants section on AOIA. Also although the char parser extracts the equip/imp setup from AOIA files, it doesn't auto fill the equip/imp setup on skill emu 3. Never had this issues with version 2 of skill emu

Archeopteryx 220|30|66 Soldier
    Silvermed.....|218|27|58 Doctor
    Silverballs......130|03|xx MP
    Silvermade.....|91|04|xx Trader
    Silverenf.......||60|06|14 Enforcer

compiled to .NET 3.0 I guess.
    Waste of VS2010 imho.
    C# 4.0 all the way.
    (Yes, I've converted from VB to C# now)
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Is an option too, mono seems to support it... doesn't much matter which really as it is written against 1.1, but I guess I can update it with new stuff in future.

Ok, updating to a more recent .NET version might take a bit longer... may be an issue with the SQLite library I'm using so may need to change that.

one thing i notice while fulling around with your skill emulator is that it doesn't take into consideration trickle ups from the increase in abilities due buffs or ip spent into them

Archeopteryx 220|30|66 Soldier
    Silvermed.....|218|27|58 Doctor
    Silverballs......130|03|xx MP
    Silvermade.....|91|04|xx Trader
    Silverenf.......||60|06|14 Enforcer

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast