Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

Can you elaborate? As trickle down is definitely factored in to the calculations, so I'm not sure what you mean?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Yeap, i was wrong, although it never happens on version 2, on the latest one,3, sometime it does trickle up stats from the abilities buffs, at least on Full auto, sometimes it does. I haven't looked at other skills.

PS: would appreciate info on how to load imp/armor setup on v3, from raw data i mean.

Archeopteryx 220|30|66 Soldier
    Silvermed.....|218|27|58 Doctor
    Silverballs......130|03|xx MP
    Silvermade.....|91|04|xx Trader
    Silverenf.......||60|06|14 Enforcer

New Download

Updated CharacterParser a bit and recompiled for .NET 2.0

Rough instructions are here. I'll see if I can work up bettr ones over next few days.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

oh this looks like fun to play with, I will try it later whn I get home...

thanks DeeBs!

/applause
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

omg...can't wait to get home
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

hmmm getting errors trying to launch AOskills.exe on win7 64
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

same..."aoskills.exe has stopped working"
    created database first
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Hmm... you have run AOIA (ItemAssistant.exe) and had it build a new aoitems.db?

I had that message if there wasn't a database built (and I need to add more robust error handling to the db stuff...)

EDIT: though that should have been caught, but I see the new data provider I'm using is set to try and create the db by default if it can't find it, so I'll need to change that so you get a proper message.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 22nd, 2011 at 08:48:54.

I'd like to make a small suggestion if i may: a check box to allow equipping symbs/armors that your current skills don't allow. If you just started using the program (and no option to load current symb/armor setup) you'll have to "twink" symbs first then gear in aoskills to be able to load what you are currently using
    Last edited by Archeopteryx; Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:23:45.

Yeah, that, and a text filter feature on the item list are on my to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Hmm... you have run AOIA (ItemAssistant.exe) and had it build a new aoitems.db?
    I tried to start without creating a new database first and again after database was created. Both gave me the same error message.
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Minor update to ensure the data provider doesn't try and create a missing database.

Quote Originally Posted by Qret View Post
    I tried to start without creating a new database first and again after database was created. Both gave me the same error message.
    Hmm, OK, try the above version, but first delete any aoitems.db and run the supplied ItemAssistant to build a new database, it should be about 70-80Mb.

If you are still having issues, I'll need to build a version with debugging so we can get to the bottom of the issue.

Ok, seems the data provider has 32bit and 64bit versions...

If using 64-bit Windows, download this and replace the version of System.Data.SQLite.DLL that came with the main install.

And remember, the first time you run AOSkills3 it has to construct a new set of data for implants, so it will take several minutes... it starts rather faster (though still a few seconds) after that.

Minor update - should do first-start rather faster (still a minute or two, but much faster than it was).

I do need to add some visual progress thing for that though...

Yes...it's working now
    What's the improvement doing it in newer .net? I mean I don't see something signifitley differnt?
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Nothing currently, it was just a recomplile, .NET 1.1 is pretty old now. It may make a few things a bit easier going forward, but nothing specific at the moment.

There are some issues parsing items for the equipment list in the current build, so not everything will show up properly, but that will be fixed for the next release, and hopefully I'll have added the filter and the toggle for requirement checking for that too.

There will be an update this weekend. A number of bug fixes, better handling of the weapon left/right hand slots (i.e., they'll work!), a simple item filter, checkboxes to enable/disable requirement checking, a progress bar for first run, a splash screen etc.

I'll include both the 64-bit and 32-bit data providers, you'll just have to manually copy the one you require from it's subfolder into the main folder.

New Download

First run is handled better, complete with progress bar.
    Startup has a splash screen.
    The Equipment Configuration window has a text filter to help find items by name, and a checkbox to turn requirement checking on and off.
    The Implant Configuration window also has a checkbox to turn requirement checking on and off.
    The Weapon pane left hand and right hand slots should now populate, and certain requirements should be handled a bit better so thing that weren't showing up before should do so.
    A few other small bug fixes.

NOTE: you'll need to copy System.Data.SQLite.DLL out of the 64bit or 32bit folder into the main folder as appropriate otherwise it likely won't work

the req on/off checkbox on implants is still not working also symbiant list does not contain "Ethereal Implant of Berserker Rage"

It doesn't yet work for Symbiants, that'll be next version... which might be tomorrow. And I'll look and see why that item isn't showing up. And I've still to implement the alien eye, that likely won't be the next version, but should be top of my to-do list after that.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast