Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

Ok... can't reproduce with the bin files...

Are you using the version from the web page in my sig?

Or the version from the release candidate link here?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Using the version from your sig on your website the complete package for AOskills3. I think the problem is with Character Parser. It never seems to finish. I thought maybe i wasn't waiting long enough but it sat for an hour and a half lastnight to no avail

--ani

Sorry for the double post but the issue WAS Character Parser. I went on a hunch and downloaded the release client link you posted. O tested it in a seperate folder using the same bin files..success! i copied just the 3 CP files to my real install folder and boom they worked. I will update this post of I can open them in AOS.

Regards,

--ani

Update (5/28/13)::

I have everything working now! I'll look forwards to the release candidate. Thx for the help!
    Last edited by animaly; May 28th, 2013 at 15:35:13.

yeah, I suspected it was an issue with reading the database, as there is no other reason for it to hang at that point. I'll promote the release candidate to an actual release shortly then
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Thoughts on the new 3.07 and 3.08 versions

3.07:
    Nice, it's just as helpful as the old 3.06 (and even have a 2.** build). The IP/Imp etc tags above the numbers are finally fixed for larger screens. The implants are still having trouble decifering the symbiant quality levels when you input them, with one of the errors below: (Gets tiring when you get that message on all symbiants)
    Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '220' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
       at AOSkills.ihControl1.set_QL(Int32 Value)
       at AOSkills.ihControl1.cmbSymbSpirit_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    AOSkills
        Assembly Version: 3.0.7.0
        Win32 Version: 3.0.7
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Legendfluff/Desktop/Anarchy/AOS3_CP_EI.NET2-1/AOSkills.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Data.SQLite
        Assembly Version: 1.0.66.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.66.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Legendfluff/Desktop/Anarchy/AOS3_CP_EI.NET2-1/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
    System.Data
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Transactions
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.EnterpriseServices
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    It's a bit more compact, smaller icons which is also nice. I'm wondering if there's a possible way to put in our own buffs. Since there is a crat debuff "Last Minute Negotiations" that buffs 1 intel after the mezz itself goes away and that isn't counted in the buffs section.

I haven't fully tested it out, but I remember with the older version (3.06) if you opened implants to change some, closed it out to change armor/abilities, then go back into implants, the quality levels would bug out and auto downwards to another QL it sees fit and if you unlock then lock them it would change their ql. It's a small nuisence but just a thought.

The IconExtractor wouldn't work for some reason. Kept getting an error, but decided to use the 3.08 build to extract icons.

There's a small bug as well, when loading characters. I first loaded a character with all symbiants in their implants. I then loaded up a character that had Implants and Symbiants there, this image shows what I see:
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4953/ja4.png
    A quick restart of AOSkills and re-load of the character fixes it, but gets tiring when you're looking through a lot of characters.

3.08:
    This one won't bother opening. I double click the .exe and it just says "the program couldn't execute" and close program. The IconExtractor works however, so I used that for the 3.07 build.

This new version (3.07) will greatly help now that a few things are fixed/updated.

Thanks for these wonderful updates and hope for many more.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Looks like the more recent RC for 3.08 got broken, sorry about that... I'll be releasing this soon however.

I've made some changes to the setting of imps/symbs which should sort out the visual issues with the implant screen.

I'll also look into the other issues and see if I can fix them before release.

On the first point, was that on loading a character? or? if you've got some steps to reproduce, it would make life easier tracking down the specific problem (I can see what the general problem is, but not what is causing it).

1. Open AOSkills v3.07
    2. Set level to 220, using default Adventurer and solitus
    3. Open implants window [Equipment - Implant Config]
    4. Uncheck the "Check Reqs?"
    5. Unlock any slot and click the I (implant) to switch to S (symbiant)
    6. Click any symbiant above "QL 1"
    7. Got this error? http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/319/fi2.png
    (it will have a different value depending on what QL symbiant you choose)

It would seem that it only gives the error when the "Check Reqs?" is unchecked.

This is probably on AOIA's end or from the IconExtractor...
    The Clan Advancements token boards have no icon http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2561/qw6c.png
    edit: just found a few more random items, most likely just the Icon Extraction. Since there's items in the AO database that might not be in AOIA's database
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Jun 28th, 2013 at 15:35:49.
    Characters:

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Ah, ok, thanks for the info, found the issue and sorted it. May sort some of the other issues to with the imps maybe? let me know!

I'm hoping to get 3.08 up this evening.

As to the icon issue, I can see the icon here ok... is your aoitems.db file up-to-date? You could try deleting it and let AOIA recreate it (make sure it's the right .db file though!) The rerun IconExtract and check you have a 296355.png in the icons folder.

Well it's extracting the Icons from the Anarchy Online DB folder not the AOIA db.

It's fine finding it in AOSkills using the aoia db, but the icon doesn't exist. [image for bottom of Icons]
    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9558/j9bm.png

Since the AOIA Database is generating off the AO Database, it doesn't make sense.

Even Xyphos.com doesn't have an icon for the advancements
    http://www.xyphos.com/ao/aodb.php?id=296370&ql=8

Edit:
    on a side note, I found my working version of AOSkills v2.38
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Jun 29th, 2013 at 16:46:32.
    Characters:

New Release

v3.08 : Updated to latest version of System.Data.SQLite - will now run on either 32 or 64-bit Windows. Included IconExtractor application (see readme).

This download link doesn't work...

also please consider changing topic v2 to v3 and add correct download link to it

btw.

any chance to add false/assume/mimic profession agents nanos to buffs list?

Thanks...

No, that was just a release candidate, use the link in my signature for the actual release. I'll edit that post to remove that as it's redundant now.

I'll see about adding in those, though there is a built in buff editor (ok, so it's a little clunky... )

Hu? The link from your page ( http://www.lastmanut.pwp.blueyonder....aoskills3.html )
    in your signature leads to http://www.lastmanut.pwp.blueyonder....CP_EI.NET2.zip
    and that link does not work, what other link do you mean? O.o
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Ah, sorry... fixed now!

Thank you very much for the implant fixes. That helps a lot now that it won't give that error.

Are there any ways to create our own items/buffs in there? Because there's the Sinew of Tarasque that's missing for implants/symbiants. Also with Skull of the Ancient etc. The special ones.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Jul 1st, 2013 at 00:26:58.
    Characters:

Buffs yes, items no.

For Buffs, start with a new character, then on the buff menu, select Edit Buffs and answer yes to the dialog.

Now, dial in the buff values you require using the numeric up/down boxes that have appeared.

Then from the buff menu, select Save Buffs. Enter the buff name (see note below) and hit Save.

You can then either select Clear Buffs and repeat, or select Edit Buffs again to go back to normal mode.

Note: the name must be in a certain format, or specifically, it must start in a particular way for it to be picked up... You will notice that each existing buff starts with a (usually) abbreviated form of the profession it belongs to's name (or Gen for a non-specific buff). Ensure your buffs use the same initial set of characters, and use underscores rather than spaces, that way the Manage Buffs window will be able to both find them and display them correctly.

I'll take a look at the special implants, chances are a similar mechanism as used for the EoE symbiant can be utilised there, but I'll need to look into it.

Could "Check Regs" settings be stored in saved file ?

I'm sure it could, yes... on the todo for next release then

Thanks so much for this. Used it years ago and glad to see an updated working version. Very handy for messing around and figuring out when I can reasonably expect to self a nano or equip an item.
    2004-2006, 2009 briefly. And back again in 2013 !

nvm i was being stupid
    Last edited by Manaas; Aug 12th, 2013 at 12:32:39.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast