Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

the link is dead, can someone post a mirror?

Link in 1st post may be dead, but you can follow the link in his signature:

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser

and then go to Download (Upper left corner)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Hmm, I should update that first post to point at the web page...

Oh, and a new version should arrive when the next patch hits live with a few tweaks and an update of IconExtractor for the new RDB format.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Aug 27th, 2013 at 13:17:50.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

New version

3.09 - Save "Check reqs" tickbox state on exit and reload state on startup. Order "Modifies" filter list alphabetically (attributes still first though). Handle Viral Memory Storage properly (as it has two ranges that share an AOID). Further tweaks and bugfixes. Changed link site to AOItems.com.

Also updated ExtractIcons for the new RDB format.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

The download link seems broken.

Fixed the link, apologies for that.

does anyone have problem finding Desert Nomad armor parts in equipment window ?

yes my aoitems.db file is up to date

Thanks for the 'check reqs' implementation

but... there are another small things...

1. it was late and i accidentally closed app without saving my work... there should be some question if you want to close application without saving your work (optional maybe)
    2. it may be trivial but tab order at main form is rather 'random' lets say I'm starting in IP spin edit control... tab goes to perk -> min -> max -> equip -> org -> buf -> next line starting from IP...
    3. Perks/AI Perks - would be great to be able to see which ones are used and how many perks was used in this line without a need to check each of them individually... i.e. Acrobat (3/4) - 3 used of max 4
    4. Using Max button when low on IP - atm when you hit 'Max' button for a skill that will require more IPs than you have there is an info 'Insufficient IP available' - why not allow user to choose if he wants to use all remaining IPs to rise selected skill until remaining IPs goes to 0 ?
    5. 'Save...' - there is no need for '...' in caption
    6. save window last position, or position it at screen center when started

...and there is a bug that I'm experiencing (in ver 3.09):

when file is opened or new created any item that adds to an ability doesn't change trickle-down in skills

i.e.

start app:
    1. set 220 adv solitus
    2. max all abilities, max all at 'nano & aiding' tab (1135/1135/1135/1135/1135/1134/1295/1295)
    3. open equipment select 'perfected infused dust brigade bracer'
    4. now abilities are 787/805/805/805/805/805 BUT trickle-down wasn't calculated - skils at 'nano & aiding' tab didn't changed

now save this to a file, when you load this file nano skills would be recalculated with additional trickle-down from bracer

adding anything at equipment window should instantaneously reflect changes in abilities and skills as in implant/symb window

Quote Originally Posted by Yild13 View Post
    when file is opened or new created any item that adds to an ability doesn't change trickle-down in skills

i.e.

start app:
    1. set 220 adv solitus
    2. max all abilities, max all at 'nano & aiding' tab (1135/1135/1135/1135/1135/1134/1295/1295)
    3. open equipment select 'perfected infused dust brigade bracer'
    4. now abilities are 787/805/805/805/805/805 BUT trickle-down wasn't calculated - skils at 'nano & aiding' tab didn't changed

now save this to a file, when you load this file nano skills would be recalculated with additional trickle-down from bracer

adding anything at equipment window should instantaneously reflect changes in abilities and skills as in implant/symb window
    Just redo a skill whilst in it, that fixes trickle. I've experienced that all the time, it's a simple fix. Just Max a random skill and then Min it, it fixes all trickle issues
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm working on 3.10 so I'll review these and see if I can get them fixed/updated for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yild13 View Post
    2. it may be trivial but tab order at main form is rather 'random' lets say I'm starting in IP spin edit control... tab goes to perk -> min -> max -> equip -> org -> buf -> next line starting from IP...

5. 'Save...' - there is no need for '...' in caption
    2. Yours is random? Mine goes IP - Imp - Buff - Equip - Perk - Org - Min / Max

5. It's also Save... not '...'
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    5. It's also Save... not '...'
    The '...' technically indicates that that option will open a new dialog window, like a "Save As..." If the option does all its work behind the scenes, again technically the '...' shouldn't be there. Splitting hairs, and it doesn't bother me one bit.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

T will bring up a dialog on a new unsaved file, which is why it's there... even if it doesn't do so normally... maybe I can change it depending?

If I could make any request, it would be for a separate Check Reqs function that checks only untwinkable reqs (level, breed, faction, profession) so we can design setups to twink on difficult items without doing the whole virtual twinking step by step as well as not having to search the whole database for each slot.

Fantastic work, by the way.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

I had strange bug...

when adding buffs, all of them had incorrect values, neuronal-stimulator had +25 strength and some agent buffs had intelligence modifiers - in short non of added buffs had correct values as seen in game...
    when I checked .buff (xml) files values was correct - files ware unchanged

it seams that when I add equipment to loaded character or new one all buffs are messed up, only solution to this is to manage buffs before changing equipment :/

btw. what's with my earlier question regarding Deser Nomad Armors pieces - there is nothing in list when I want to filter it by name nor with empty filter string
    but when I search for the 'desert nomad' string in aoitems.db file there are some matches

Edit: solved problem with icons by manually execution of ExtractIcons.exe
    Last edited by Yild13; Oct 22nd, 2013 at 11:14:41.

I had that bug too on my home PC, but not on another... I'll have to try it again and see if I can reproduce it... I've made progress on Yild13's requests though, with only #3 likely to have to await another version.

New version

• Fixed an issue with the filter by modifier on the Equipment screen and related skill displays.

• Added prompt for saving changes.

• Made tab order a bit more sensible.

• Max button should now spend all available IP up to the actual skill max.

• Now saves window position.

• Tweaked equipment screen to apply trickle down immediately.

(I've had to rebuild the archive, so I hope it's all the right version! I'll get a fresh copy up tomorrow...)
    Last edited by Darkbane; Oct 27th, 2013 at 22:31:31.

Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    • Max button should now spend all available IP up to the actual skill max.
    its almost perfect...

atm with MAX button application actually set skill to possible_max-1 value - there is possible to increase skill by additional +1 point with spin edit button

and there is one unresolved thing...
    I cant find in equipment list any item from this list...
    My item assistant correctly display this items in my bank/inventory.

all I have tried was to recreate aoitems.db, didnt had time to reinstall AO... still no luck

Thanks for your work
    Last edited by Yild13; Oct 28th, 2013 at 07:27:32.

Thanks for the report, I'll fix the button for .11!

EDIT: As to the Desert Nomad, it has no description so is currently being filtered out, I'll need to add some exceptions for it. Also for .11 then.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Oct 28th, 2013 at 15:40:32.

New version

v3.11
    • Added Desert Nomad armour.

• Added usage info to perk lists.

• Fixed Max button bug introduced in 3.10.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast