Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

Ah, thanks, I'll sort that.

EDIT - quick and easy that one at least.

Updated to 2.20 - Fixed 2h Edged/2h Blunt import from auno.org.

Download from web page.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Nov 1st, 2006 at 19:21:54.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Wierd, can you post a screenshot?
    I'l try and do that, I installed on a second comp and it came up just fine. It is just on mine where the window is too small and I can't see everything in it

Any chance for a full screen mode or something?
    I got main, you got main?
    I got alts, you got alts?

I'll have a look, should be able to unlock the window size so you can make it bigger ok...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

bump for nillans return
    i miss the little guy
    220/AI30
    AO Consortium updated 2.16.09
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: a good 150 enof could tnak all fo them
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: can i tank all of them?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are you enfo ?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are 150
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: no 41 doc
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: tehn noo
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: =(

An LE compatible version should be up in a day or two, just sorting out the research data a bit, the coding is done though.

2.21 - added LE research support.

The numbers are direct from the DB so should be correct, the actions were put in manually though so I can't guarantee those are 100% correct (though neither can FC it seems ).

As usual, PM me with any issues you find.

An issue with the Marksmanship line for soldiers has been pointed out to me (due to Agent's also having a line of the same name). I've updated the data and the download. If you have already downloaded the latest verison, the fixed data file is here to save downloading the whole thing again if you don't want to.

2.22 - fixed deselection of research items.

Download from web page.

Nice work on this emu, however Martial Artist research lines shows "Intuition" unselectable at the moment, any thoughts? (they're simply greyed out - uncheckable)
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

Ah, another research line that shares a name with an agent line... I'll need to rename them so the perk loader recognises them correctly. I'll post an update with the corrected data shortly... just download the "new" version.

Ok, so when you're done with fixing that, how about a new function that will do all my calculations for me for getting on the best symbiants I can, and show me all the perk lines/research lines, armor, ability/treatment implants I need to use and in the order I need to use them? All these calcs hurt my head hehe
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

Quote Originally Posted by maopic View Post
    Ok, so when you're done with fixing that, how about a new function that will do all my calculations for me for getting on the best symbiants I can, and show me all the perk lines/research lines, armor, ability/treatment implants I need to use and in the order I need to use them? All these calcs hurt my head hehe
    This is actually a pretty simple recursion problem, one I have debated implementing. The real issue is that the basic implementation would be useless, as it would take forever to run.

It could be greatly reduced by creating a smaller "twink" library that included a user made list of best-use twinking gear [aka, panda items, yutto memories, treatment suit, etc] as opposed to having it walk through every item in the database. The same method could be applied to creating the necessary implants as well.

Even at that, I would be dubious of the run time needed to complete.

You are correct, I've messed around with various programs to calculate merely the best agility/treatment stepping implants, we are only talking about 7 slots and only 1 item per slot, and the branching factor is already so bad that if you run the search 8 items deep (meaning 8 steps, which is not even as many as you would probably want for optimal twinking) the search takes 30mins on a P4 3ghz machine.

Expanding the number of items that can go into a slot or the number of slots to fill....it would be faster to work it out yourself.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Trypha View Post
    You are correct, I've messed around with various programs to calculate merely the best agility/treatment stepping implants, we are only talking about 7 slots and only 1 item per slot, and the branching factor is already so bad that if you run the search 8 items deep (meaning 8 steps, which is not even as many as you would probably want for optimal twinking) the search takes 30mins on a P4 3ghz machine.

Expanding the number of items that can go into a slot or the number of slots to fill....it would be faster to work it out yourself.
    Sometimes you just have to marvel at the human brain.

A few things I've noticed:

When I open a saved setup, then I open another saved setup I get the "insufficient ip" message * n, since apparently the old config isn't cleared first before trying to set the numbers for the new one.

When I try to add a tower buff, ransacking for example, without setting any universal advantage, it gives really weird results, like +100 instead of +13 or nothing at all.

The implant config tool doesn't have Exterminator Occular Enhancment. If I try to either copy the full implant setup from Auno or load the implant setup created with the tool without eye and try to copy the bonuses from the Exterminator Occular from auno, I get
    Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: '305' is not a valid value for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
       at AOSkills.aoskillControl.set_Implant(Int32 Value)
       at AOSkills.frmEquip.processData(String add_rem)
       at AOSkills.frmEquip.cmdAdd_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
        Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    AOSkills
        Assembly Version: 1.0.2541.28668
        Win32 Version: 1.0.2541.28668
        CodeBase: file:///D:/ao%20tools/AOSkills2/AOSkills.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
        Win32 Version: 7.10.6001.4
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
    Bugsy @ Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by FatBugsy View Post
    When I open a saved setup, then I open another saved setup I get the "insufficient ip" message * n, since apparently the old config isn't cleared first before trying to set the numbers for the new one.
    Heh, been on the to-fix list a while... I'll try and remember and do it

When I try to add a tower buff, ransacking for example, without setting any universal advantage, it gives really weird results, like +100 instead of +13 or nothing at all.
    I'll look into that... that form has been a bit of a pain really, but hopefully I can track it down.

The implant config tool doesn't have Exterminator Occular Enhancment. If I try to either copy the full implant setup from Auno or load the implant setup created with the tool without eye and try to copy the bonuses from the Exterminator Occular from auno, I get <code...>
    I decided against adding that one item as it'd require an entire section of new logic just for it. I'll sort the min/max thing though.

Just a work-in-progress update.

Whilst the IP issue on loading is now behaving better, it's not 100% eliminated... tracking down exactly what is going on is not simple.

I've increased some of the input min/max limits which should allow certain item combinations to be loaded correctly.

I've still to look at the org benefits and to add some code to manage window sizes for users with scale issues (though the current download, despite being the same version does now have resizable windows).

2.23 - Main windows made expandable for those with size/font issues, loading further characters made more robust, fixes to benefits form, incereased some limits.

Download from web page.

(Loading different characters seems to be working in a fully reliable fashion now, but do let me know... and the main window size will get saved to an ini file so it should reopen to that size every time.)

Some buffs I was missing when I was calculating symbs setups:

[list]
    Treatment transfer (+60 treat, DOC)
    Extruder Bar (+2 to all abils, TRAD)
    Implants Clinic (+100 treat, GEN)

Would be nice if you could add them

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast