Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

Wow, it now saves buffs/org benefits too... Pure lub
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Can do, in the meantime, get a text editor and cut/paste the following:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <BUFF>
      <SKILL ID="60" NAME="Treatment">
        <BUFF>100</BUFF>
      </SKILL>
    </BUFF>
    Save it as Gen_Treatment_Clinic_Buff.buff

Change the 100 to 60 and re-save as Doc_PERK_Treatment_Transfer.buff

Start again and cut/paste:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <BUFF>
      <ATTR ID="0" NAME="Strength">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="2" NAME="Stamina">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="1" NAME="Agility">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="3" NAME="Intelligence">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="5" NAME="Psychic">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="4" NAME="Sense">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
    </BUFF>
    Save it as Trad_Extruder_Bar_Buff.buff

I leave figuring out how to add any other buffs you may need as an exercise for the reader...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Wow, it now saves buffs/org benefits too... Pure lub
    It's always saved buffs (though the format changed with the addition of the buffs window)...

Its also always tried to save org benefits since they were added, though they have been a bit flakey I'll admit and it usually didn't work right... hopefully I've found the issue now...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Excellent, thumbs up.
    Bugsy @ Rimor

Can we have a nice equipment tab thing blatanly ripped off? Yes I want to do symbs at work and as I am bored and suck at twinking it would be lovely to have a program I can practice with to find out just how laughably short I am of equipping anything.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Can do, in the meantime, get a text editor and cut/paste the following:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <BUFF>
      <SKILL ID="60" NAME="Treatment">
        <BUFF>100</BUFF>
      </SKILL>
    </BUFF>
    Save it as Gen_Treatment_Clinic_Buff.buff

Change the 100 to 60 and re-save as Doc_PERK_Treatment_Transfer.buff

Start again and cut/paste:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <BUFF>
      <ATTR ID="0" NAME="Strength">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="2" NAME="Stamina">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="1" NAME="Agility">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="3" NAME="Intelligence">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="5" NAME="Psychic">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
      <ATTR ID="4" NAME="Sense">
        <BUFF>2</BUFF>
      </ATTR>
    </BUFF>
    Save it as Trad_Extruder_Bar_Buff.buff

I leave figuring out how to add any other buffs you may need as an exercise for the reader...
    Already did that Just pointed out they would be nice to have built-in in your next release

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Can we have a nice equipment tab thing blatanly ripped off? Yes I want to do symbs at work and as I am bored and suck at twinking it would be lovely to have a program I can practice with to find out just how laughably short I am of equipping anything.
    Doing the same ATM, and yes at work too
    Anyways what Im doing is creating the sets on auno, loading up org city/benefits and buffs in the simulator and then just copy/pasting modifiers from auno set as "equipment"

Thats a good idea, but it doesnt help much if you want to play around with it, and for example, dynamically change a piece of armor, or an implant and immediately see the results on the screen.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Don't know if this issue has been raised/fixed yet, but I've noticed that the HP Box for equipment doesn't accept values >9999. This kindof hinders enforcers and maxHP Docs from using the perks in their Auno Setup at times.

Perks are seperate though, with their own tab and everything

I can increase the limits if needs be however...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Perks are seperate though, with their own tab and everything

I can increase the limits if needs be however...
    Ye, I realize that, it was really more for those who leave their perk setups still attached in their Auno profile. It's really just a convenience thing, not an important bug

I'll just post here to say that i love you.

Amazing tool with great features Big thanx!!!!

Here are some improvement ideas:

- Tooltips that show the modifiers, when you hover the mouse over the perks in the perk tabs.

- It would be cool if one could transfer equipment data more easily between auno and the emulator. Maybe if one could save auno equipment urls in the emulator. The user could then select a saved equipment profile in the emulator, which gets the data from auno and applies it to the skills. That would be much more user friendly than the current copy-paste of modifiers. (ok, ok...parsing webpages is not the most easy thing to do ;P)

- Currently when you hover the mouse over a skill, the details of the skill appear on the bottom of the screen. It would be great if this information was displayed over several lines to make it clearer.

Anyway, thank you for having developped this incredible tool. It certainly makes AO much more fun!
    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

2.24 - Added new global research options.

Download from web page.

(Also tweaked some of the layout and equipment limits).

Every research option adds biomet 60 for every level for a doc
    Every research option adds intell 25 for every level for a solja

Adds up to super heals and super intelligent soldiers!

Seems to be a general bug or my installation is screwed up

Hope it is a quick fix

Cheers
    Good luck to everyone. I need it!

Chlem and friends

2.25 - Fixed perk/research loading issues.

Download from web page.

(Was failing to reset an array properly... doh! )

hmm

doesnt work for me... do i need imatrix?

Can you be more specific? Do you have the .NET v1.1 runtime installed?

2.26 - Removed global research options as these now managed via equipment.

Download from web page.

noticing in it, and in game, there is a difference in IP costs, on opifex engineer for example, vehicle ground costs 1.6 IP more per increase, cost is:
    8, 9.6, 11.2, 12.8, 14.4, 16, 17.6, 19.2, 20.8, 22.4 etc. total cost for improvement of 10 from base is 148
    program has it cost:
    8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 24 total is 157 and shows cost as 152

don't really know how AO handles the decimal IP costs, whether they are always there, but hidden in the total IP available

AOskill2 seems to display a rounded number, while having the decimal still there, which would be ok, but where's the 152 coming from? it's 4 high, and the 10th one, which should be 22(if it's using 8+1.6+1.6.... rounded) is 24
    not sure whats going on here, but if this happens in other skills, figuring it out would make the program much more usefull for people doing IP resets
    Last edited by boggengie; Aug 31st, 2007 at 10:33:33. Reason: math error

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast