Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

The game presumably (like you though, I don't know for certain how it actually works) rounds as you spend (given you can only spend whole numbers of IP), AOSkill on the other hand rounds just once after it's calculated the cost for the current number of improvements.

Hmm, might be interesting to create a character on test and experiment with this a bit to see if I can figure out what the game is actually doing and whether it would be possible to better emulate that... if it rounds every increase, only after you save a block of increases or something else.

As to the 10th cost being 24 and not 22... it's 22 for me, so I don't know why you're not seeing that.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I'm trying to load the program and when I run it, it says that it found a problem with the perk file and then aborts.

Anyone that knows what's going on?

Cheers
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I've just re-downloaded it and run it ok, so I suspect one of the perk xml files is damaged in some way, try a fresh download and see if it helps?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    I've just re-downloaded it and run it ok, so I suspect one of the perk xml files is damaged in some way, try a fresh download and see if it helps?
    Did a fresh download, nothing ;/

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Odd. It should say which file it has a problem with though... which may provide a further clue... and I can create a debug build for you to try if that doesn't help.

Odd. It should say which file it has a problem with though... which may provide a further clue... and I can create a debug build for you to try if that doesn't help.
    perk_file.xml I think it's called?

perk_data.xml ?

Hmm. I'll maybe build a debug version and PM you a link...

UPDATE: Seemed it was my version that had got corrupted or something... New download solved it

First of all.... Thanks for a great emulator....

I have an issue now though...

Trying to use it for an lvl140 MA.... All research perks under the "Intuition" line is grayed out no matter what I do... all others seems to work fine.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mekh; Nov 26th, 2007 at 08:19:46.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    Last edited by Rockempire; Nov 25th, 2007 at 20:25:40.
    Turnyourhead "Rockempire" Andcough - 220/29 Doctor Equipment - General of The Leviathan Movement
    Top "Etrier" Stepper - 220/26 Enforcer Equipment - President of Whale Tail

After fiddling a lot with I have a kind request for added user friendlyness

When fiddling with perks, I find that it would be of great help if one could see the modifiers changed by the selected perk.

To the right of the check boxes there's room for maybe a left coloumn showing stats changed by that particular level of perk, and a right coloumn showing summed stats from the active perk line?
    If not room for two coloumns, then a coloumn just showing stats changed by the selected perk would be great.

I made this suggestion after having switched back and forth numerous times between the TAB where I can see abilities and the TAB with research perks in order to see which added to Agility. With a list showing stats changed it would be a lot easier
    Nothing but lazyness, but.... well.... ya know

If too messy explained, let me know...

Right now, if you hover the cursor over the perk name, a small box will be displayed after 3-4 seconds with the bonuses gained from that perk (doesn't last long though, maybe 5 seconds total).

But yes, having it display off to the right would be very helpful
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

Quote Originally Posted by Norbal View Post
    Right now, if you hover the cursor over the perk name, a small box will be displayed after 3-4 seconds with the bonuses gained from that perk (doesn't last long though, maybe 5 seconds total).

But yes, having it display off to the right would be very helpful
    Thx... Never found that....

It does not show if you only hover above the check box.

Just downloaded last version.
    Still lacking Universal advantage - coordination (multiranged/multimelee) and Universal advantage - Muscular Compactness (str) uses wrong template for strength
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by Rockempire View Post
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    See the "Note: .NET Framework v1.1 is required." note

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    [B][I][SIZE="2"]
    Trying to use it for an lvl140 MA.... All research perks under the "Intuition" line is grayed out no matter what I do... all others seems to work fine.

Any ideas?
    I'll look into it, probably just a number out of place in the perk XML files.

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Still lacking Universal advantage - coordination (multiranged/multimelee) and Universal advantage - Muscular Compactness (str) uses wrong template for strength
    I'll check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    [B][I][SIZE="2"]I have an issue now though...

Any ideas?
    Ensure you are using the latest version (2.26) and that all data files get updated, the MA Intuition research line should be listed as "Intuition (MA)" (and not "Intuition" or "Intuition (Agent)").

Ensure you are using the latest version (2.26) and that all data files get updated, the MA Intuition research line should be listed as "Intuition (MA)" (and not "Intuition" or "Intuition (Agent)").
    It's listed as Intuition (MA), but under Help --> About: It says version 2.22.

It seems to work correctly now after replacing the old "research_data.xml" with a freshly downloaded version...

Weird thing was that the old (corrupted) version was over 500kb in size while the correct is only 218kb.

Anyway.... It works like a charm now

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Looks like the ql200 entry for muscular compactness has a 16 instead of a 12, should be fixed in the next update, but meantime if you want to fix it, edit benefits_data.xml and at line 589, change the 16 to a 12.

I'll also add the missing advantage for the next update too, but again, if you add the following at line 272 (between </ITEM> and <ITEM NAME="Universal Advantage - Energy Expertise">) then that should fix it (do the above change first though or the line number will be wrong for it )

Code:
      <ITEM NAME="Universal Advantage - Coordination">
        <BENEFIT QL="1">
          <BONUSES ID="16" NAME="Multi Melee" VALUE="6" />
          <BONUSES ID="33" NAME="Multi Ranged" VALUE="6" />
        </BENEFIT>
        <BENEFIT QL="100">
          <BONUSES ID="16" NAME="Multi Melee" VALUE="12" />
          <BONUSES ID="33" NAME="Multi Ranged" VALUE="12" />
        </BENEFIT>
        <BENEFIT QL="200">
          <BONUSES ID="16" NAME="Multi Melee" VALUE="24" />
          <BONUSES ID="33" NAME="Multi Ranged" VALUE="24" />
        </BENEFIT>
        <BENEFIT QL="300">
          <BONUSES ID="16" NAME="Multi Melee" VALUE="36" />
          <BONUSES ID="33" NAME="Multi Ranged" VALUE="36" />
        </BENEFIT>
      </ITEM>

Was just trying to fiddle with my Doc's setup and ran into an exception because HP from setup was higher than 10k.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6320/aoskillsua4.png

Seems there's a limit to HP from equip alone.
    - Is that intended or something particular to my version?
    - Is there a setting in some file I can change locally or is it a hardcoded limit?

I'll increase that... probably have a new version up this weekend then.

I'll increase that... probably have a new version up this weekend then.
    Sweet!
    Thx for fast reply...

EDIT:
    Btw... A small request (maybe)
    Would it be possible to let the "Add equip" page retain text after it's been closed down?
    No big deal, but would be a nice thing, so I could have it there as reference when I save a setup.
    Last edited by Mekh; Dec 7th, 2007 at 13:47:39.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast