Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator v2 with Source

Don't think that code has changed in a very long time... but I'll check it out and fix it as it sounds like a bug.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

New in 2.30 - Tweaks to calculations (ability soft caps).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Cool!

The best program designed for AO for sure! <3
    Last edited by Means; Mar 13th, 2009 at 20:49:27. Reason: What you do with your little finger is your own business and not for this thread.
    The Atrox has won.

Lockpicking successful.
    You gained 1 points of Shadowknowledge.
    Welcome to Shadowlevel 220.

It's giving me more errors now that i've tested it some :P

Sometimes it will just think you are still level 1 when you try to IP skills. It sets base abils 6 and regular skills to 9 or so even though you enter level 220 :P.

Requires a few reboots and luck for it to work. >.<
    Last edited by Means; Mar 13th, 2009 at 20:49:27. Reason: What you do with your little finger is your own business and not for this thread.
    The Atrox has won.

Lockpicking successful.
    You gained 1 points of Shadowknowledge.
    Welcome to Shadowlevel 220.

Can you describe in more detail what is happening and what exactly you are doing to see this?

I'm speaking for turbo.

if you select Nanomage as your breed, it will only let you max base abils half the time. And even if it does let you max your base abils you aren't allowed to raise any other skill more then a lvl 1 could raise it.
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Ah, I see what's happened... sending bits of code as email attachments = bad btw... I'll upload a new version soon.

New in 2.31 - Fix for some issues from last patch (stupid HTML email).

thanks a bunch for this :>
    Vamzer 220/24 Martial Artist
    Doomed Lover 215/20 Keeper
    Novas 165/9 Nano Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    You do understand that you just showed everyone that you don't have a correct perspective on the matter, right?

I should be releasing v2.33 soon (next day or so). v2.32 is available in the CharacterParser 1.0 distribution (but as the only changes were to support that I didn't do a stand-alone release). v2.33 will be in CharacterParser v1.1 (also soon), but as it comprises of an updated data file, I'll also do that stand-alone.

v2.33 Added missing "Universal Advantage - Coordination" to org benefits.

Download in usual place (i.e. - see signature )

v2.34 out to fix an issue with loading implant files etc. resetting IP in some circumstances. Download at webpage (see signature).

Maybe it's just me, but I constantly get "unhandled exception" errors in 2.34... In previous versions I only got errors when I was raising a skill and ran out of IP. It's probably just my crappy PC's fault though.. Still love the program <3

I'll look into that, what's the specific message? And what were you doing at the time to cause it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    I'll look into that, what's the specific message? And what were you doing at the time to cause it?
    Again, it's probably just my PC, so don't worry about it until others start having the same problems. But with v2.34 I get the following error message every time I change a value, breed, level, or switch tabs:
    Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '6' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
       at AOSkills.aoskillControl.updateMinMaxVal()
       at AOSkills.aoskillControl.set_TrickleDown(Int32 Value)
       at AOSkills.modMain.recalcIP()
       at AOSkills.frmMain.aosHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at AOSkills.aoskillControl.nudBasicSkill_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.UpButton()
       at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.OnUpDown(Object source, UpDownEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnUpDown(UpDownEventArgs upevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.BeginButtonPress(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hmm, I'll need to do that slightly differently then, NumericUpDown controls in .NET are kind of annoying

It worked for me in v2.33.. Did you change something since then?

yes, looks like there are situations it's not quite right in then, i'll fix it... just a matter of setting the minimum, maximum and current value in the right order and... welll, I'll figure out the details

Can you download this and over-write your current AOSkills.exe with the one in that zip an test it again? If that seems to fix it, I'll update the full package later.

That fixed it Thanks a lot!

If you're interested, I get one more bug. It's not very important, but see if you can reproduce it by doing this:
    Start the program
    Type in level 75
    Leave prof at adventurer and breed at solitus
    Start maxing all 6 attributes with the Max button
    Goto the next tab: Body
    Start maxing all these skills with the Max button too
    You should run out of IP when you try to max the last skill: NanoPool
    You'll get a nice popup saying "Insufficient IP available."
    Instead of using the Max button just raise NanoPool as far as you can by clicking and holding the Up arrow button
    When you run out of IP again you will get another nice popup saying "Insufficient IP available."
    Then when you click "Ok" you will get the follow error message:
    Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.TimerHandler(Object source, EventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    I noticed it only happens if you hold the Up button. It works fine if you only click it once or if you hold the Up key on your keyboard. So again, it's not really vital and I still <3 the program
    Last edited by Mazzarin; Jan 21st, 2010 at 12:41:37.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast