Thread: Ready to change my back piece... and other stuff

Question Ready to change my back piece... and other stuff

Hi, first post here, I'm a lvl 182 soldier, Solitus.

ATM I consist of tier1, a Sworn Knight's Helmet, an Ancient Container, and a SPB.

I think I'm kinda outgrowing the Ancient Container - can anyone suggest a replacement back armor?

I'm not looking to be Uber Ulf here *g*, but I'd really appreciate some pointers on where my armor should be progressing. Is tier2 worth it?

t2 backarmour got nice ac but that is about it.
    t3 got burst in it and some other stuff though. and can be worth it
    mnt? pretty decent and goes for like 100mills or something
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

I think ancient container is a pretty nice back item. Only other ones that I think might be better are HNTA, Bellum, SSOC (Scorpio Shell), RBP. Im personally not a big fan of the T3 Back item, I think I already have enough burst as it is and other back armors have comparable AC and mods, and its also difficult to camp (until 15.9 then it wont be a problem). I had an albretch on my 202 NM sol, and switched to an ancient container, and from there I might try getting an HNTA or Bellum coat.

If you are omni, you have access to that black tank armor, which is very nice.
    At your lvl it would be easy to equip the HNTA if you can get one.
    ACCOUNT STATUS

Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-01-01 14:48:52

That was my new year resolution concerning AO...

Quote Originally Posted by Gholden
    At your lvl it would be easy to equip the HNTA if you can get one.
    Atleast if you have some way to get around the lvl 190 req

MNTA is fine at your level, Ancient Container ain't that bad, maybe a 200 albrecht aswell.

Thanks for the advice guys.

The bellum badonis coat - it needs 870 str/stam if I remember right - how on earth is a solly meant to get that? I'm breed capped on those already, and it was enough hassle getting my SKH on (625 stam/str).

Is it true that you can raise str/stam after 201+? I assumed not, but someone told me otherwise..

I'm quite happy to wait until I ding 190, however I can't believe the price difference between HNTA and MNTA! Surely, when MNTA is about 80m and HNTA 200m+... there should be a big difference in what they give? but as far as I can tell, there isn't..

Plus I can't afford 200m lol.

So should I get MNTA or a bellum badonis coat?

Also another question.
    I have been lvling at Adonis Hecklers (grind, grind!) and a couple of weeks ago, about 40% of my FAs would hit 10k plus. Now, if I'm very lucky, I'll get 9k and most of them hit for 5k!! WTF is going on, I haven't changed any imps, I'm just as buffed as when I was before (need to get to 190+ to be able to use Metal Barrage), and I always reload beforehand... :S

Cheers
    Rachel

201+ you can raise all abilities again, as a soli soldier I can raise 15 to str sta each level, same for all the other abilities.
    MNT is gonna be way easier to put on then bellum and it wont be OE if you manage to get it on. (I got my bellum coat on at 206 and it was still a pain)
    But if your omni, Omni armed forces tank is great like Gholden said, and free. If you are omni its worth just waiting to get to 190 and not spending all that cash.
    I wore my AC till 200 then switched to the omni tank then to by bellum coat.

Dack

FAs at lower lvls tend to range a lot, its not that youve changed anything, its just you have been doing low FA's, I wouldnt really worry about it, unless you start going 200+ and still doing 5k FA's.
    ACCOUNT STATUS

Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-01-01 14:48:52

That was my new year resolution concerning AO...

just dont forget to get the key to pen before u put one something that is really hard to equip on your back,
    havent played a higher lvl sol but can imagine they cant run in abyss w/o dying? atleast not at his lvl=)

Similar level and similar setup here to you Nocturnala, except Albrecht instead of Container.

I was in the market for an MNT, but since I'm Omni I've decided (at least I think I have!) to wait until TL6 and put on OTAF tank instead.

Also, as an Omni I could equip a QL220 or maybe 221 T3 back item at my current level, but that's only because I have a pair of str/stm Fred sleeves, which as clanner you can't wear.

Not a lot of help I know - maybe you should come join us Omnis?

Cheers,
    Org
    Field Marshall Jean Luc "Organa" Picard - level 220/20/70 - Setup
    Eternalist Doctor "Stitchiz" Nick - level 220/21/55 - Setup
    Supreme Creator Sally "Orya" Dilox - level 220/20/64 - Setup
    Don Sonny "Protexxor" Fresh - level 200/26/58 - Setup
    Techno-Mage Galileo "Aryuna" Galilei - level 170/17/42 - Setup

Thanks for your help guys, after much consideration (!) I decided to splash out (!!) on MNTA. Well I thought it was splashing out -- but the price of RBs and such makes me cry

I'm 189 at the moment (and yes, Omni born and bred *G*) - need tl6!

Happily, my FAs haven't been so bad recently.

Freddie sleeves next methinks!

Thanks again

Rachel (Nocturnalia in game)

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnala
    The bellum badonis coat - it needs 870 str/stam if I remember right
    Its just stam and I had a fair bit of trouble at 207 to get my Bellum's bits on. Omni have it a bit (a bloody lot!) easier with the stam sleeves, with some perk resetting and stuffing around its doable on a soli at TL6 I guess, but personally I used a MNTA up until 210, its a good back item with nice mods, hell only reason I went to bellum's for the back was I needed the MNTA for my keeper.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.