Thread: Funcom What is your Solution? (cosmic, cz please repsond)

Funcom What is your Solution? (cosmic, cz please repsond)

FUNCOM WHERE ARE YOU. we have presented lots of good ideas. some really good, some need work..... some would help balance our proffession. PLEASE cosmic or CZ please give us a clue into the fate of The Nano-Tecknition

Summery of ideas i have seen:

1. nano pool buffs.
    2. nano sheald (drains nano insted of hp)
    3. better humidity extracters (that actually make a diffrence in combat)
    4. increased range
    5. NT wepons (drain nano insdead of amo and do nanobot damamge)
    6. Range increased beyond 40m with penilitys.
    7. Ranged increased beyond what other proffessions have.
    8. Increased avalibility of Nulity Sphere Nanos.
    9. NCU buffs.
    10. Increased PVP dammage.
    11. Nano dammage increaser programs.
    12. Nano resist debuffs.
    13. Greater Nano pool for Nanomage breed
    14. Nano armer Advantages (increased nano pool or decreas in nano cost)
    15. Nanos don't become usless when debuffed.
    16. Nanos don;t become usless when the skill is not met (diffrent from 15.)
    17. Various NT only equipment.
    18. Nano Rechargers Able to be used in combat.
    19. Other Ways of Recharging Nano in Combat.
    20. Nucks in a bottle. (the ability to "store" precasted Nucks for later use. <possably a ulility that storrs a nano spell>)
    21. More Efficant Hp/AC buff.
    22. higher and lower Evades buffs (like dark movment but higher and lower versions of it.)
    23. Short Term Huge Nano pool buffs.
    24. short term Huge Nano Regenration Buffs.
    25. Ummmm that is all i can remember off hand............

feel free to post things i have missed....

THIS IS NOT MENT AS A DISCUTINON. THIS IS A ATTEMPT TO GET KNOLAGE ABOUT THE FATE OF THE NT! so try not to flame (unless your cosmic or cz )
    Last edited by Lozer; Dec 12th, 2001 at 05:02:12.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Don't forget an opposite to a healing nano! Drains our health and uses it to power a nuke!

(not 'nuck;' n-u-k-e)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

I'll add some:

- better nano resistance on the players end. Nuking mobs at higher lvls instantly kill you. You can literally spend 30 mins trying to kill a trader mob due to unresisted debuffs.

- fix green mobs that chain resist below 50% health or before death. This happens in every level. The key is GREEN humanoid mobs. Since every mob can potentially be green it is not titled related. It has something to do with, first the player's level and the mob that is green to him/her at that level. The coding that determines what mobs are green to the player has a glicth or bug that increases the chance of nano resistance below 50%. Just copy and paste the coding for yellow, orange, and red mobs. They all seem to resist on a regular basis at evey level. I am sure it is more complicated then that, but you get the concept.

- fix NT dots. Yes we have some really bad ones, but that doesn't justify the fact that they should be left a healing nano for mobs. Yes you read that right. Our dots heal mobs.

- Make a clear distinction with breeds. Many players, including myself, were deceived into thinking that the nanomage breed was the best breed for the NT profession. 157 lvls later I find out it is the worst. The solitus breed is the best breed. Snarf even stated this himself a high lvl atrox nt. Nanomages don't have any advantages that make them a preferable breed for NTs. They only cause frustration.

- Nullity sphere: Made extremely rare. Either Cosmik or CZ said this won't change and that sooner or later people will catch on to what mob drops the disk. Isn't this promoting a camp fest?

- Nano cloaks - a lvl 200 cloak gives about 660 in ac. Not only is the solitus breed the best class for NTs they have the choice of wearing better armor. Nanomages get the worst of it again. We have no choice but to wear weak armor. So why not compensate them with bonuses that deal with their breed. How about some nano related bonuses. Something along the lines of biomech armor.

- NT nukes: always do min to medum damage. It is rare to see max damage on any nuke unless you are nuking a leet in the backyards. Include delay and recharge time and the nt can become dead last in overall dmg. Using a 1000-2400 nuke I do on avg 1300 dmg. I do a lot of min dmg, some 1600, and some rare 2000. Never the full 2400 dmg.
    Last edited by Billy Talent; Dec 12th, 2001 at 18:03:25.

hehe this is not a BUG list this is a SUGGESTION LIST.... everyting you have mentinoed there i have already listed ways to fix it.
    Last edited by Lozer; Dec 12th, 2001 at 21:22:28.

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Day 1 BUMP

LOL ....Do you have any idea what all of these suggestions would do to balance. I could see a few of them as reasonable but come on man....with such a lengthy list of major enhancemenst it is obvious that your trying to make YOUR particular profession/breed uber.

The whole point of having different classes/breeds with different advantages/disadvantages is to encourage diversity.

/me wonders about the generic uber template mentality

Lozer maybe if they "first" fixed and improved on the some of the things now then we can add more things later.

By the way, next time read my whole post. I did suggest a few things. Nano cloaks having 600ac is not a bug, nuking for min/medium dmg is not a bug, and nanobreeds are not bugged. =oP

no once agian this is not a bug list this is a suggestion list of what other (some are mine most are other peoples ideas) and once again i want FUNCOM's responce on what the fate of the NT proffession is.......

i am tired of trying to make suggestions and getting no responce from funcom about what thy are planning for us.

i posted the list of suggestions just to sho we are not just wining about range. but to show that we are trying to improve our proffession..

likly hood is fairly high that few or NONE of these suggestions will ever bee seen ingame. but one can always hope.

I saw an NT nuke last night called 'Molecular Destruction' which does 1000+ HPs of damage MINIMUM.

I don't think NTs need their damage dealing increased. I have never seen any weapon that deals anywhere near that kind of MINIMUM damage.

i konw for a fact at higher levels (around the level a nt can actually DO that) wepons do way more then 1000. at level 100 most agents do between 1000 and 5000. with crits of 10000 (depending on there gun). soligers do between 1000-3000 on avrage with specials of 5000+. even seen some traders doing 12000 per hit.. where as my mesley nucks are doing 500-1000.....

now ovisly not EVERYONE is doing this dammage..... it is the bet of the best...... the AVRAGE person is doing around 500-1000 with crits of about 2000. now that may seem close to my dammage but it is NOT. nano init dose not increase speed the same way as ranged or meliee init. so i shoot at half the speed.

Originally posted by Lozer
    i konw for a fact at higher levels (around the level a nt can actually DO that) wepons do way more then 1000. at level 100 most agents do between 1000 and 5000. with crits of 10000 (depending on there gun). soligers do between 1000-3000 on avrage with specials of 5000+. even seen some traders doing 12000 per hit.. where as my mesley nucks are doing 500-1000.....

now ovisly not EVERYONE is doing this dammage..... it is the bet of the best...... the AVRAGE person is doing around 500-1000 with crits of about 2000. now that may seem close to my dammage but it is NOT. nano init dose not increase speed the same way as ranged or meliee init. so i shoot at half the speed.
    OMG ....I just realized I was dealing with a raving lunatic that pulls fantasy numbers out of his arse.

I'm a L108 agent and I don't know what your smoking but I sure would like to know what gun (any gun) that does 1000 MINIMUM damage. Note: the MINIMUM

Originally posted by Dealingdeath

OMG ....I just realized I was dealing with a raving lunatic that pulls fantasy numbers out of his arse.

I'm a L108 agent and I don't know what your smoking but I sure would like to know what gun (any gun) that does 1000 MINIMUM damage. Note: the MINIMUM
    So would I... I have not found or experienced anything even remotely close to that at Level 160. :/

I avg 350-1250 depending on the MoB (evades/Clsc/AC) and do crits from 1000-2200 depending on MoB. I will occasionaly do 4000+ with AS. (about 2-4 times an hour of hunting when its successful)
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Originally posted by Othgar
    I avg 350-1250 depending on the MoB (evades/Clsc/AC) and do crits from 1000-2200 depending on MoB.
    There you go, you do a minimum of 1000 damage against idiots that aren't smart enough to raise their Dodge score.

Scorus

i konw for a fact at higher levels (around the level a nt can actually DO that) wepons do way more then 1000.
    Yes, but that figure is not the minimum damage of the weapon now is it?

at level 100 most agents do between 1000 and 5000. with crits of
    10000 (depending on there gun).
    Well, actually taking a look at the various higher level sniper rifles, I fail to see how that would be possible.

The minimum damage of a QL175 Taskachumi is only 28.

A QL200 Premium Disaffiliation Sniper rifle has a minimum damage of only 12.

So I fail to see how you can know for a fact that a lvl 100 Agent minimum damage at level 100 is at least 1,000.

Now, factoring in an 842 Rilfe attack skill (the skill needed to use a QL175 Tsaka) damage modifer you get a minimum damage of 208 for that QL175 Tsaka.

(28 * (842 * (0.25/33))) + 28 = 208

For the upper damage, the maximum damage of the QL175 is 2,531.

(343 * (842 * (0.25/33))) + 343 = 2,531

The QL175 rifle will do 208 - 2,531 damage if the Agent has 842 rifle skill.

Looking at the Molecular Deconstruction NF it does 1,050 - 2,569.

Calculating the average damage for both we get the following figures:

QL175 Tsakachumi 1,370
    Molecular Deconstruction 1,810

It must be pointed out that the above figures do not reflect the effects of AC on the damage. Just curious, but what damage type does Molecular Deconstruction do anyway?

Of course, only if the Agent happened to do a critical would the rifle do damage in the 5,000 range.

NOTE: The damage formulas used in the above post are the one generally assumed to be used by the game. They were obtained based on the information presented in the AO Sybex strategy guide and may not be 100% totally accurate. This might be especially true for the higher skill levels as the curves may not be linear. See Vampi's Guide to Weapon Evaluation for more details.

yea wepon damamge dose not take into acount skill bonus/ crit bonus or anyting else.... it is way possable to do avrage dammage 2 or 3 tims higher than the max damamge. go to mort. go to the boarg camp... log all damamge an look for your self.

what aobut the fact that nanos are 10 times slower than guns!

ranged init effect both attack and recharge

nano init only effects attack. never recharge.

nt's are way under powered at higher levels.

i mean really look at the speed diffrence of the nano your comparing the gun to. 4s attack 3.95s rechared. that is almsot a 8 second attack! where as the guns your looking at are 2.5 second attack and a 2.5 second recharege...... the nano takes almost double the time. and the rechareg of nanos is not effected by nano init. so it is more like 4 times that of a gun...... even hitting for 500 dammage would still ad up to WAY more dammage than that nano could possably do.... not to mention a NT would only be about to sue that MABY 20 times AT MAX! so that is 20 shots totall. where as a gun reloads and shoot away.
    Last edited by Lozer; Dec 15th, 2001 at 06:30:53.

Summon Box of tissues nano is what is needed for NT's.

NT's *are good*

But cmon. Lets get real here.

You wont get max nano buffs. They're going to MP's - clearly thats what the MP class is envisioned for.

You will NOT get your unfair range back.

Personally what I would like to see is to see NT's the masters of *effecient* nano.

Just crank up the effectiveness of the crunchom/jobe libraries line. And make them NT only.

go to the boarg camp... log all damamge an look for your self.
    I'm sorry, but some of those mobs at Mort Borg camp are level 200 (based on the loot they drop) and the rest are very high level. Using that as an argument is a little weak, but I do apprecite you should be hitting harder in other instances...

Climate.

Originally posted by Cosmik

1. Yes. Will be implemented.
    2. No plans for this at the moment
    3. No plans for this at the moment
    4. No plans for this at the moment
    5. Not as commercial weapons (There is no such damage type as nanobot damage, but I believe I understand what you mean)
    6. No plans for this at the moment
    7. No. This would be a nerf for all other professions
    8. No (some parts should be alot more common now, especially with the trade department in shops)
    9. No, NCU must be increased through equipment
    10. Not at the moment
    11. No programs deal a specific damage type (radiation, chemical, fire). No buff for "all nano programs" is planned.
    12. Maybe.
    13. No, sorry, modifying a whole breed at this time is not an option.
    14. Not planned as commercial armors
    15. No plans for this at the moment
    16. No plans for this at the moment
    17. Quite possible
    18. Not apart from Nano Kits (currently ingame)
    19. No plans for this at the moment
    20. No plans for this at the moment
    21. No, since those stack with other buffs
    22. No, that nano is a special case
    23. Yes, there are plans for this
    24. No plans for this at the moment (same as 3.)

Do note that for those that were replied to with a "no", that is at this point in time. Things always change down the track, and you never know what might happen. Some good ideas here though. I'll make a note of them and put them in a formal suggestion to the developers.

whell that just about sums it up....

Recharge and animations

Ok I'm pretty happy with my NT at the moment I have one problem (which if fixed would cause another) which is I can cast faster than the animation for my nano programs. So the fact that you can cast say ice flechette in under a millisecond and be ready to cast it again means nothing bc you are still waving your hands around and apparently casting another nano program is dependant on Naimation first and Recharge and nano initiative second.

Now if this does get fixed I could easily run out of nano in 1/4 of a fight but hell at least my putting ip into initiative would mean something.

On a side note currently my nuke is Feeble Gravitational anomally and I have hit crits on many an occassion maybe higher nanos are gimped by MOB/Player/NPC AC but what did you expect? tru hits every time? that's why you get crit on the backyard leets and nothing else. The AC man THE AC!!!

i keep saying this but no one lissens.... it is confermed that ac has noting to do with dammage delt.... ther is only one way to take less damamge and that is nano resist... ac has noting to do with it.