Thread: Evade question

Evade question

Hey all. I'm a 139 sojah with around 770 buffed evades (all 3). I notice that even at full defense, alot of things are still hitting me like I have no evades at all! At what point do I actually start *cough* evading?

Well soldiers aren't meant to evade everything, but if you work on then a bit get AddDeff clusters, gear and some more evades, at FullDeff you may start noticing a few misses but not like if you had acro or something.

The key is not to avoid being hit, it's to avoid being critically hit. As long as your evades are high enough to avoid the crits, I'd spend the rest of your IP on offensive skils.

First of all get triple imped add def. You will notise alot of difference.

Second you are not fixer- homever still with enought evades you will be missed alot. For exemple on my nt (dark blue evades- so suck even more then sold's) with evade setup 220 sh inf dynos miss me most of the time. You wont evade most of hits from red mobs on sold like evade classes do- but you will evade enought to make a difference between what you can and what you cant outheal with limited healing that sold got.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Evade setups sucks bigtime you all need to switch to commandos!

(If this post convinced anyone please gimme a tell if you wanna sell your sharpshooter armor)
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I've said this before...
    I have no idea on other breeds...but if you are opifex...and imped in all add def and keep your evades maxed...you will see a diff on how much you get hit.

right now im 215 and have around 1500 evades and probally close to 250-300ish all add def. not using alien armour just chosen and bell. On inferno hecks, mortiigs and hard pen missions if I go full def I get missed about 30-40% of the time. If I go to about 25%(this is a approximate...I dont remember what the Exact agg setting is) so I am hitting 1/1, I get missed only about 10% of the time. So it does make a diff.

I also notice a big diff when I am teaming with a crat running Heroic Measures(310 to all add def) Some mobs dont even hit me at all in the time it takes to kill them.

This is for opifex only...Honestly I have no idea how other breeds will do. But the point is that you will evade a lot(to me 40% is a lot of hits)

Even when I was doin ely heck. I always had evades maxed...and I did notice I was getting missed a lot more often than others when they had aggro.

The key I think is having your evades maxed as much as you can and having all add def imped in. Soldiers get screwed on their left arm symb(all add off only) So most ppl end up using a jobe left arm imp for the def.

Solitus here 220, I have a evade setup (combined ss armor) and yes I notice I do get hit more with it removed, even generals tend to land criticals less e****ially Cha'Khaz.. (full defence of course)

My other stuff just helps with my dmg output, I hold my own, I tank good..

My setup is on my signature for your reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlisttza
    I have no idea on other breeds...but if you are opifex...
    The difference between solitus and opifex at level 220 is 29 points to evades, so at 215 you're probably getting about 20-25 points more evades than a solitus.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    The difference between solitus and opifex at level 220 is 29 points to evades, so at 215 you're probably getting about 20-25 points more evades than a solitus.
    A lot of the items used by a evade soldier are opifex only so picking the right breed it helps a lot if you plan going on the evade route. The difference between a solitus and a opifex hp is low, opifex will get a bit more evades (100ish more?) but i'd rather use reflect bracers than evade ones.
    Last edited by scammedj00; Mar 15th, 2006 at 17:49:51.

But you get the Sexah factor of being Opifex...that has got to count for something...

heh

Quote Originally Posted by Littlisttza
    But you get the Sexah factor of being Opifex...that has got to count for something...

heh
    the grey breed isnt sexeh.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by scammedj00
    A lot of the items used by a evade soldier are opifex only so picking the right breed it helps a lot if you plan going on the evade route. The difference between a solitus and a opifex hp is low, opifex will get a bit more evades (100ish more?) but i'd rather use reflect bracers than evade ones.
    We're talking about pvm here... where anything but damage aruls is a bad choice.

What evade equipment, specifically, distinguishes opis from solis? The only thing I can find on auno of any significance is I am the Eel (I did a search for opifex req items that effect evade close).
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

So what if youre doing pvm it means you get all de add dmg stuff you can but you get killed in 1 hit? I choose my setup depending on the situation, and by no way anything but aruls is a bad choice. There should be more items
    Last edited by scammedj00; Mar 16th, 2006 at 15:54:33.

What evade equipment, specifically, distinguishes opis from solis? The only thing I can find on auno of any significance is I am the Eel (I did a search for opifex req items that effect evade close).
    This too.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

We're talking about pvm here... where anything but damage aruls is a bad choice.
    lmao...
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

Just a quick question on Duck Exp...what mobs is this good for?

Half the SL mobs on medium range I think.

Is something like dodge on long range, duck on medium, and evade close up.
    All on one mob.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mentl
    Trader type mobs mostly, TNH is the major one regarding endgame raiding.
    The ghost of forgotten wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentl
    Pretty much all SL mobs have weapons that check duck exp from 10 meter distance and down, I believe they cycle weapons at really close range, no such thing as minimum distance on a weapon in AO.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

So it sounds like I should max that puppy...