Thread: Pistolero Soldiers - but which pistols?

Pistolero Soldiers - but which pistols?

Okay so I am 212 and a bit atm.

I have decided to try and go pistol either now or in the near future, but am kinda confused.

What it the one to go for? I see people using JPGPP (Pistol skill) and Kyr'Ozch Energy pistols - Type 5 (RE Skill). But my question is this, Is it not more efficient with ip to use a Type 4 Kyr'Ozch Pistol (Pistol skill) and lose the fling shot? Seems a waste of ip to train Ranged Energy and Flingshot just to use the Type 5, when if u use Type-4, you have the skill already?

Is is a dmg thing? Also.. couldnt see it anywhere.. What are the FA's like on pistols? ATM 99% of my dmg comes from my 10sec FA on my spas, which usually caps at 15k.
    Frobius -220 Omni Soldier, Chocolate Milkman and layabout. Fro's Shiznit
    Schwad - 220 Omni Doc (ph34r t3h 4fr0!) Schwad's Shiznit
    Drunknmunky - Some random MP..
    Beeyatch - Mongo!!!

General of Hells Heroes - Pwning for phatz!

The infinite is possible at Zombo Com!!!

Omgz! l33t!

You don't have Pistol perkline, du you?
    Power UP for RE is a nice perkline. SMG also has a nice perkline but we can't buff SMG so well

lol wtb unnerfed FA on cooper again 11 sec ish. I got 15ish depending on which one i use q171 to q243.

the fling on the type 5 is cause you get fling + as on the type 3 ranged energy carbine
    so RE + fling + burst + Fa is the win atm.

ip it sure is cheaper to use the pistol + jpgpp but damagewise the perks (powerup) + re pistol and kyr type 3 carbine (pvp) this is the way to go.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Frobius
    Is is a dmg thing? Also.. couldnt see it anywhere.. What are the FA's like on pistols? ATM 99% of my dmg comes from my 10sec FA on my spas, which usually caps at 15k.
    10 sec FA on spas? you sure? mine is capped at 14-15 sec.
    <Cinderell, TL7 clan soldier, proud member of Uprising>

Lemme check.
    Beeyatch - Mongo!!!

Omgz! l33t!

Hmm 14 secs right enuff... I seem to remember it being 10.. Oh well, my bad.
    Beeyatch - Mongo!!!

Omgz! l33t!

min is 10 sec + recharge on the gun which is between 4 and 6 seconds depending on qual of the gun like i said
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman
    lol wtb unnerfed FA on cooper again 11 sec ish..

I agree.

Such a cool looking ar and now it rots in the banks of soldiers all over Rubi Ka.

wtb coop mesh on spb!
    (and sound too)

What's the lowest refresh anyone managed to get with the coop / spas?

I was too low before the nerf to hit cap, so I dunno.

Also, I used to hear that the higher the QL, the higher the refresh was.. mine's a 229, which I believe was the upper limit for a band of refresh rates, so I never bothered to get a higher ql.
    Beeyatch - Mongo!!!

Omgz! l33t!

What about Machine Pistol - Type 5? It energy dmg (same as the JPGPP).. How would the damage be compared to a Energy Pistol - Type 5 in the aspect of Arul Sabas? =)

It would eat more IP i guess and not to talk about if you want a Energy Carbine, so lets say that it's for PvM only. =)
    Tareon/Tarleo

Machine cant be buffed by yaself, no real perk line for it that we have access to.

The way for pistolero is Energy pistol + 160 Fa pistol. Get ya usual dose of add dmg gear and train PU+get some alien levels.

IP is tight enough that you dont want to be training a SMG skill along with your Ranged Energy.

Not to mention SMG wont get that high.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi
    Machine cant be buffed by yaself, no real perk line for it that we have access to.

<snip>
    Untrue....

Machine Pistol in this case is SMG, and there we DO have perk lines for it.

Adds 300 more SMG skill from the 2 lines, SMG mastery (from SL) and Champion of Light Artillery (from AI).

And you can buff SMG with an additional 70 points. TF+exp.
    Last edited by Bloodcub; Apr 12th, 2005 at 07:54:14.
    Omni-Tek soldier Bloodcub, Veteran of Tranquility

Original posted by cordura
    WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

Stand corected. ;p

But if i was going pistol, it would be ranged energy route, greener skill compared to smg.

And the same can be said regarding Ranged energy i suppose, and im sure u would get more total AMS out of it.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

thing is you will loose out on some of your attackrating goin RE + pistol though.
    i am sitting at 2291 self and alot of soldiers with SPB or other assaultrifles got
    more attackrating than i got. True i got more than some assaultriflesoldiers out there of my lvl too and it depends on the setup ofc.
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

For a while there i used type 5 energy pistol on my sol, with jpgpp... just got bored of it though, i mean sure it will probably OD a peren sol my level, but peren is just too tempting, wtb 15k FA on pistol