Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EoE vs Xan alpha eye

EoE vs Xan alpha eye

I have a 285 eoe on atm (highest i could find before i did my alphas)

I'm seriously considering putting in a alpha eye instead purely because it would allow me to be able to swap bracers on and off depending on the situation. Since opifex stamina sucks so much I cant just pop my ofab gloves off and replace with DB for 50 cl.

I would lose if i used alpha eye:

3 crit (not entirely important for pvp)
    18 assault rifle (could make a difference? I'll still be over 3700)
    8 RE (insignificant i think?)
    67 FA (Ill be at 2400 still, too much sacrifice?)
    67 burst (Ill be at 2361, still enough to land decent bursts on evaders i think, please tell me otherwise)
    67 fling (ccl)

I would gain:
    49 AS (Boosts me from 21-22 multiplier, will it make a noticeable difference?)
    87 comp lit (main reason so i can pop db/masterpiece on and off)
    11 HW (more dmg on mech launcher woohoo :P)
    58 MC (Can cast amsV already self so not really an issue)
    87 PM (Could have trimmed nanoskills more if i had planned this earlier ¬¬
    87 SI (same as above)
    58 TS (same as MC)
    87 treatment (uhh doesn't really have an impact, higher battle heal kits?)

While being able to change reflect bracers and swapping to DB/masterpiece when I need more AR, is this worth the losses I have listed?

Would like opinions of people who have done this and how it has impacted pvp with 3 less crit and 70ish less FA/burst and 20 less AR.

Im currently sitting in by2 bor with the same decision to make.

I have the art eye equipped and considering 'alphaing' it so to speak, but my main intention was for 300 EOE (which if some no life clanners allowed me to hold onto my tl4/5 base for longer that a couple days would happen!!! *angry esq* D/W clanners, i know what you did last summer).

I have CL maxed tho and swapping to bracers is not hard, but i still need to equip DB glove+pistols+CL Ring+1 x CL HUD...

Would make it easier for swapping (one less item to use) but in the end i still cant hotswap on fly unless i equip stuff while running (Done a few times and good lord its frustrating, try it under UBT with melee smashing you!) so really the nano skill boost and extra CL for me, as a soli aint enough to make it worth it.

Im pretty sure AS wont be a preferrable route to take for Sold's in general (gaining that extra muliplyer for example) in the future with the current upinair changes.

So for me, im sticking with eoe and ado brain - the extra FA/Burst is the difference in the end, 67 FA may just be enough to tip the debuff check in our favour that will allow us to ladder TT/LPT on them evade hoes.

I wouldnt do it even if i was Opi, you just need to equip a stam pistol as well to get em back on.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

i keep reading that post, all i can see is

"blah blah blah blah 3 crits!!!!! blah blah blah blah"

I don't speak chinese
    Topaboss 220/30/70 solitus soldier :: equip

Quote Originally Posted by topa_boss View Post
    i keep reading that post, all i can see is

"blah blah blah blah 3 crits!!!!! blah blah blah blah"

I don't speak chinese
    Hehe Smokin again?
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

rofl at topa

I have ditched my Grunt brain and put my Alpha brain in. This is so I can afford to lose the nanoskills when using a 270ish EOE (ql300 waiting for BoC). Edit: Also for RE in brain ofc!

If we don't land our FA we are nothing, so that's why I have chosen the EOE.
    Last edited by Manicmouse; Aug 18th, 2009 at 14:27:19.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    rofl at topa

I have ditched my Grunt brain and put my Alpha brain in. This is so I can afford to lose the nanoskills when using a 270ish EOE (ql300 waiting for BoC).

If we don't land our FA we are nothing, so that's why I have chosen the EOE.
    ive been thinking it might be better to just swap a util spot for nanoskills, instead of losing the fa/ar from either syndicate or eoe

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Im currently sitting in by2 bor with the same decision to make.

I have the art eye equipped and considering 'alphaing' it so to speak, but my main intention was for 300 EOE (which if some no life clanners allowed me to hold onto my tl4/5 base for longer that a couple days would happen!!! *angry esq* D/W clanners, i know what you did last summer).
    You can bribe me with nekkid pix of prominent omni 'leaders'.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Go for the EoE unless you need nanoskeelz

/thread
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    ive been thinking it might be better to just swap a util spot for nanoskills, instead of losing the fa/ar from either syndicate or eoe
    I want the RE from the Alpha brain to land PU perks.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Main reason for Solds to use an Art Oc over the AI one was only to be able to cast AMSV last time I checked ...
    You can find that AS multiplier elsewhere I think. You can also swap your Bracers back and forth without if you've got ATE3 perked, it only takes more swapping, but you don't wanna lose AR and FA to buy time, right ?
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

well the thing is, I use a alpha brain too for the +RE and also yummy nanoskills so I've already lost 50 FA and some AR there.

Im pretty sure there isn't a whole lot of difference between a 21 AS multiplier and a 22 so thats not a real issue, but just being able to move bracers around (if only the stupid things were 1751 cl!!!!) would make me a lot more versatile and increase my survivability.

I already swap into my left slot:

Leos bracer
    Proj saba
    elemens reflect
    physics reflect

But im missing a potential 7% melee/proj/energy reflect from where my masterpiece bracer is sitting. So if i find myself in a situation where reflects= win, i could be running around with 52% static reflects to everything and 96% under ams. Combined with my 214 standing heal delta well..

I think the most major loss is that 67 FA, it could well be the difference in landing tracer on some of the top advs, but then again, im not going to kill a top advy anyway ><.

Just out of curiosity, if i have 2400 FA skill and 646 aao it would technically mean that they would need 3646 def vs dodge to counter it?

(2400/0.8)+646= 3646

To counter Tracer :
    It's 75% check, so with 2,4K FA Skill along with 646 AAO it'd require 3808 Dodge def to evade it.
    2400+646 = 3046
    3046*1.25 (which is equal to an augmentation of 25%) = 3807.5, rounded up to 3808.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

You can never have too much FA skill for Tracer.

Being able to swap reflect bracers is great, but in mass PvP you have to swap back and forth and no matter which reflect bracers you're using, you loose almost 100 AR and some HP which to me are more valuable in mass PvP.

Also, I've found that with AMS5, which we can now self with EOE and Ado brain, reflects aren't the problem. Tanking multiple people is easy if no reflect r*pers are around, and a reflect bracer isn't going to make a difference when there are traders, NTs, and engies around, but more AR and HP just might.

Before and after duels, it's easy to swap between DB/masterpiece and reflect bracers for specific situations where AR isn't needed, or where you need to survive between AMS cycles. The only strong benefit I can see from using an Art eye is that in duels vs a select few (some advies and MAs) it would be beneficial to swap mid fight (DB/masterpiece when AMS is up and reflect when AMS is down) to buy more survival.

But I don't think it's worth losing the FA. FA isn't situational, it's something we use every 11 seconds and we always need it, so having 40ish more AR with it is quite substanial.

meh i guess ill just keep my eoe in then, might even go for grunt brain again at ai 30

nerf the grind :<

Actually i'd only need ai 27 but still: nerf.
    Last edited by Romaas; Aug 18th, 2009 at 20:45:36.

Except that, even with melee reflect bracer (it's only avaible on your RW) you won't be able to tank a decent MA for 40s. ;/
    Stick to that EOE imo, especially since Xter proved that even a Clan Soli Sold could twink up the highest QL.

im opi so dont need to worry about twinking in ql 300 lol, but wish i could find one XD

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    meh i guess ill just keep my eoe in then, might even go for grunt brain again at ai 30

nerf the grind :<

Actually i'd only need ai 27 but still: nerf.
    Or you can just hotswap hud3+infused ancient nano for buffing/ams V and use your ai perks on something more useful, along with having the ado brain+eoe.

swapping one thing i can live with, having to swap 2 gets messy under pressure

C'mon, don't be a lazy ass. AI 27 is fairly easy.

its tru im farming axp now for it, got ai 24 today with awesome team, just 3 more to go !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast