Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 73839404142434445464748495051525354555657
Results 1,121 to 1,133 of 1133

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

:: v1.2.5.7 :: More love for the "Pattern Matcher"; Cosmetic changes and inclusion of pattern quality levels.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

:: v1.2.5.8 :: NCU Belts and Memory's should now display the correct name for the items QL in the Inventory View.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

The import of AO Light database worked great, very easy to use. I have just switched over & have not logged each toon in yet, but the additional information looks very useful, particularly whether the toon has already up-loaded a program and where to find it if they don't have.
    There is one piece of information that I find useful enough to keep a hand listing for my toons ... their Guardian Faction for traveling to higher SL playfields, sk, etc. Is guardian faction something the program can collect and report? Maybe abbreviate the current Faction field to make room for the Guardian Faction earned? Just a thought ...

Thank you for your efforts!

Emma

Thank you for your feedback and support Emma. I really need to make some help files to go with the program. One nice feature I included (primarily because there used to be a web site to do this years ago!) is in sorting your nano-icons in-game; should you have them in icon view, as it will sort them in order of nano-lines etc. Even general nanos will be sorted if you choose. Just thought I'd mention that as it's a small icon on the toolbar from both the nano tabs and folk tend to miss it!

I'll certainly have a look into the guardian faction for you. Expect an update maybe mid next week.

Thanks, I actually noticed the nano icon sort button, however, I keep a favorites nano window by my own sort, so I did not select that option for now.

Also, watching the install process it almost looked like I did not need to import my IA - Light db ... the install was reading files that looked like the same info directly from Anarchy.

Emma
    Last edited by Emma; Dec 7th, 2017 at 01:48:49.

im 57 pages into this thread, is this still active, my ****'s a mess. I looked for an implant for over an hour last night. and where do i download

Quote Originally Posted by soulviver View Post
    im 57 pages into this thread, is this still active, my ****'s a mess. I looked for an implant for over an hour last night. and where do i download
    Hi, Yes it is an old thread but the last few pages are "active". Look up to the last post by DREAM on this page ... inside his signature is where to download ... the blue txt AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Thank you for your feedback and support Emma. I really need to make some help files to go with the program. One nice feature I included (primarily because there used to be a web site to do this years ago!) is in sorting your nano-icons in-game; should you have them in icon view, as it will sort them in order of nano-lines etc. Even general nanos will be sorted if you choose. Just thought I'd mention that as it's a small icon on the toolbar from both the nano tabs and folk tend to miss it!

I'll certainly have a look into the guardian faction for you. Expect an update maybe mid next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Thanks, I actually noticed the nano icon sort button, however, I keep a favorites nano window by my own sort, so I did not select that option for now.

Also, watching the install process it almost looked like I did not need to import my IA - Light db ... the install was reading files that looked like the same info directly from Anarchy.

Emma
    I finished the install, imported my AI Light db and started logging toons in to collect the additional information AOIA+ tracks ...

All was going fine and then I noticed three toons were listed in the Inventory tab in two different accounts. I deleted the toon from the "wrong" account and it was deleted from both account listings. Which means I must re-open all their backpacks, bank etc. to reinstate them in the correct account.

I re-checked my AI Light db and none of these toons were duplicated in AI Light, but they were toons that I had moved between accounts in the past ... not the only ones, but they had been moved.

I also confirmed that AOIA+ does need to import a "prior" db or else open every backpack of every toon.

So, perhaps there should be a way to remove a duplicate listing of a toon from an account without deleting it entirely from the database? Or some sort of "check" against the character file ID number to make sure all are only listed once.

Take care,

Emma

Thank you again for the feedback. I have avoided making adjustments to the way toons are deleted for one simple reason; to perform this it simply requires the deletion of the game files within the AO account structure. ie. The toons folder in your AO prefs account that are part of the game files. When moving toons, sadly the game doesn't clean these up for you, and AOIA+ simply scans what is there. So, in effect AOIA+ does only have 1 copy of that toon in its database, however when constructing the trees it uses the AO prefs folder, where multiple toon prefs folders can exist.

To date the only "modifications" I have allowed to be made of game files has been the renaming of bags, which is making adjustments to the contents of the prefs files. Also I have implemented changing the contents of the nano icons file within the prefs.

Neither of these methods include deleting/adding game prefs files. This is not to say it can't be done. It can be, but I'm sure the EULA denies the addition or removal of actual game files.

So, to cut a long story short, and to stay within the right side of the EULA, I would need confirmation from FC that I can do this (comments from staff would be appreciated on this one), and the way to delete toons from accounts legally at present would be to simply delete the duplicate toons folder from within your prefs folders yourself when moving toons around so the same toon, with its singular database in AOIA+ won't be fully deleted when attempting to delete what appears to be a duplicate toon from left over game file prefs data.

I'm sure you can appreciate me trying to stay within the EULA, as I have with all the tools I develop. But if given the green light to remove or insert files that could be considered game file, then I'd be happy to implement this.

OK, I have given this some thought, and may have a solution on a technicality! ... I have just wrote the code to remove the duplicate toons prefs folder, leaving the database intact should there be this same toons prefs found in another folder. The technicality is that if you had switched toons to a different account, then the older prefs data folder is strictly speaking never going to be used by the game again. As such, it can be viewed as just junk files on your computer that nothing uses, not even the game, which ultimately renders it not part of the game files and technically not subject to the EULA.

The problem: You'd have to know which one is the "old" toon/account, otherwise there would be room for user error to delete valuable prefs files. In this case, then the program would be deleting game files, which brings us back to the original problem. However, you'd have to specifically instruct it to delete these files; much in the same way you'd comparatively direct windows explorer to that folder and delete them manually. The code I've just wrote would prompt for confirmation with detailed information on what it is about to do (much like explorer does). Nothing would go on without the user knowing the consequences of their actions. So I would be hoping this would no more be subject to EULA than windows explorer itself would be.

Again, thoughts on this would be appreciated. I would like to keep the program on the correct side of EULA legal, but also provide the features people have requested to make it functional. In this case, simply allowing the user to tidy up old redundant prefs folders from within the AOIA+ interface as opposed to windows explorer interface.

Also, does anybody from FC even care about this stuff any more? I mean we're into technicalities of a "users" preference files here, not full game files essential for the correct and legal running of the game. I am aware somebody has wrote a prefs organiser, which really covers the saving, removal and restoring of these same files and I haven't heard of any repercussions as yet.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this matter and get a few perspectives!

:: v1.2.6.0 :: Added Guardian faction value to the Summary screen.
    Also added a more robust method with feedback of deleting Toon data from Inventory view;
    This will give you the option of also deleting the AO Prefs folder associated with the Toon being deleted. Also if there are residual Toon folders left from moving Toons across accounts, it gives you the option of simply deleting these unused Prefs folders without deleting any data from the AOIA+ database.
    Note: All Prefs folders deleted are moved to the recycle bin, should you make any errors and wish to restore them later.

After long consideration I figured this would be the best approach, and it allows errors made (ie selecting to delete a Toon from the wrong account) to be reverted. However, always ensure you have backups of your AOIA+ DB and your AO Prefs Folders.
    Last edited by Dream; Dec 10th, 2017 at 21:23:29.

OK, I have given this some thought, and may have a solution on a technicality! ... I have just wrote the code to remove the duplicate toons prefs folder, leaving the database intact should there be this same toons prefs found in another folder. The technicality is that if you had switched toons to a different account, then the older prefs data folder is strictly speaking never going to be used by the game again. As such, it can be viewed as just junk files on your computer that nothing uses, not even the game, which ultimately renders it not part of the game files and technically not subject to the EULA.

The problem: You'd have to know which one is the "old" toon/account, otherwise there would be room for user error to delete valuable prefs files. In this case, then the program would be deleting game files, which brings us back to the original problem. However, you'd have to specifically instruct it to delete these files; much in the same way you'd comparatively direct windows explorer to that folder and delete them manually. The code I've just wrote would prompt for confirmation with detailed information on what it is about to do (much like explorer does). Nothing would go on without the user knowing the consequences of their actions. So I would be hoping this would no more be subject to EULA than windows explorer itself would be.

Again, thoughts on this would be appreciated. I would like to keep the program on the correct side of EULA legal, but also provide the features people have requested to make it functional. In this case, simply allowing the user to tidy up old redundant prefs folders from within the AOIA+ interface as opposed to windows explorer interface.

Also, does anybody from FC even care about this stuff any more? I mean we're into technicalities of a "users" preference files here, not full game files essential for the correct and legal running of the game. I am aware somebody has wrote a prefs organiser, which really covers the saving, removal and restoring of these same files and I haven't heard of any repercussions as yet.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this matter and get a few perspectives!
    Thank you Dream, I did not realize the database only had the one copy of the active toon. I was Not suggesting that AOIA+ remove the old folders from my computer that I neglected to remove myself.

At most, if there was a way for AOIA+ to "notice" when it does the account/toon tree that it found the toon in more than one pref folder and flag it somehow for the "user" to take the extra one out of the tree ... perhaps report the toon ID # instead of the toon name? Then we could find the correct character folder to delete ourselves.

Hope that helps,

Emma

:: v1.2.6.0 :: Added Guardian faction value to the Summary screen.
    Also added a more robust method with feedback of deleting Toon data from Inventory view;
    This will give you the option of also deleting the AO Prefs folder associated with the Toon being deleted. Also if there are residual Toon folders left from moving Toons across accounts, it gives you the option of simply deleting these unused Prefs folders without deleting any data from the AOIA+ database.
    Note: All Prefs folders deleted are moved to the recycle bin, should you make any errors and wish to restore them later.

After long consideration I figured this would be the best approach, and it allows errors made (ie selecting to delete a Toon from the wrong account) to be reverted. However, always ensure you have backups of your AOIA+ DB and your AO Prefs Folders.
    Thank you and see my reply to your prior post ... I should have read both first.

Emma

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 73839404142434445464748495051525354555657