Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Ok, first of all, this looks like a really nice application, and I want to download and use it, but....

I know the sourcecode is released... however, I know NOTHING about programming, and even looking at the code wouldn't make any sense to me, cause I would not understand ANYTHING of it ;D

What I wonder though, seeing as it can detect your toons name and stuff, is there any chance this program can get access to your account/pwd-information ?

I don't like the risk of being "hacked"... :/
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

No it doesn't work like that. It gets its info the same way clicksaver does. Not sure what way that IS though someone else should explain it better :P
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

omfg this program is awsome... :O grab it from here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aoia/
    Last edited by Beefyheart; Feb 5th, 2008 at 10:40:22.
    The Incredible Leet Wanderer "Rika572" - Traveler (4) Tactician (4)
    The Cabbage Masochist "Beefyheart" - Scout (1)
    "Bella502" - Sniper (4) Tactician (4)
    Miss Murder "Aunia" - Suppressor (2)

SAY APPLESAUCE!
    The Incredible Alappaa Superior Icy Shoulderpads shop on RK2!

Both Item Assistant and Clicksaver "hooks" your game client process and basically logs more messages than is available in the standard logs. They do NOT hook your login screen and launcher/patcher (this is a different program).
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Item Assistant v0.8.3

I just uploaded a version that fixes the crash-bug after v17.8.1. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=187713

For a list of changes see here.

Great stuff! New version is running smoothly
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    220/30/68 Trader
    220/30/68 Doc
    220/18/58 Trader (Tradeskiller)
    220/16/32 Meta-Physicist
    200/30/67 Enforcer
    200/26/65 Soldier
    161/22/27 Keeper
    150/20/39 Enforcer
    150/14/37 Adventurer
    136/17/35 Nano-Technician

The new version gives error on startup "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate the application". Works fine on XP SP 2 compability mode though.

I'm using Vista 64 bit.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    The new version gives error on startup "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate the application". Works fine on XP SP 2 compability mode though.

I'm using Vista 64 bit.
    Im not surprised it doesn't work on 64 bit without some compatibility settings. I am however intrigued by the possibility that the OLD version worked in 64 bit mode?? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    I just uploaded a version that fixes the crash-bug after v17.8.1. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=187713

For a list of changes see here.
    Thank you
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Im not surprised it doesn't work on 64 bit without some compatibility settings. I am however intrigued by the possibility that the OLD version worked in 64 bit mode?? O.o
    You are right. Although it used to start it didn't log properly. Instead of character names just the numbers were there and no items were logged. I don't think it's working any better now either. I didn't notice that before

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    Instead of character names just the numbers were there and no items were logged.
    OK. I found the problem regarding just numbers in the tree-view. It is related to large character IDs which means any newly created (as in the last year probably) toons will not show up and be logged properly.

I am currently working on a fix for this problem.

Nice, thanks for the work you are putting into this.

As it happens these toons that aren't working are new froobs.
    Last edited by Berim; Mar 23rd, 2008 at 21:02:55.

Anyone got the stats link to Auno and AODB working?

I get the Item pane up and click on the Auno/AODB button and the pane remains stubbornly blank.

Great application anyway. Enables a totally disorganised person like me to appear organised!
    Good luck to everyone. I need it!

Chlem and friends

You, simply, rawk.
    Vamzer 220/24 Martial Artist
    Doomed Lover 215/20 Keeper
    Novas 165/9 Nano Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    You do understand that you just showed everyone that you don't have a correct perspective on the matter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chlem View Post
    Anyone got the stats link to Auno and AODB working?

I get the Item pane up and click on the Auno/AODB button and the pane remains stubbornly blank.
    The embedded panel isn't working yet, but if you rightclick on an item you can view the stats in auno/aomainframe that way.

Brilliant bit of software, thank you

(note I've discovered it's best to install and first-time run it when not logged into the game. doesn't seem to pick up character info otherwise)
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

Might be because the AO-server only send a "full sync" (my term) message on login and zoning.
    AOIA doesn't trigger any messages/communication in AO when it starts.

Where/how does it store it's DB?

After installing the new version I've lost all my previously indexed items on all my characters.

PS.
    Thanks a truely awsome program btw...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Where/how does it store it's DB?

After installing the new version I've lost all my previously indexed items on all my characters.

PS.
    Thanks a truely awsome program btw...
    Bummer. It keeps all the items in a file called ItemAssistant.db in the working directory of the application. You probably overwrote it when you unzipped the new version? Or if you unpacked to a new location grab the db file from the old one.

If you want to keep the database in a separate location to avoid overwriting with the empty default database each time you upgrade, you can create a shortcut to launch the application and add a command line option as such:

-db <filepathandname>

Replace <filepathandname> with the path and name of your .db file.

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast