Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Also one other little thing I have noticed is that it has difficulty picking up bags that use uncommon character text. E.g. I have a bag called "|~| Adonis Patterns 1" and I presume because of the "|~|" it has difficulty compiling it's contents.

Now in the case of people in the world that use other character text e.g. Holland/Sweden/etc would it still inventory the contents of their bags if they used character text from their own language?

Obviously one way around it in my case is to simply rename my bags and remove odd characters but in the case of the aforementioned players in the world, it might not be that easy.

Any way of making this program not take bag names as literal?
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukew View Post
    Also one other little thing I have noticed is that it has difficulty picking up bags that use uncommon character text. E.g. I have a bag called "|~| Adonis Patterns 1" and I presume because of the "|~|" it has difficulty compiling it's contents.

Now in the case of people in the world that use other character text e.g. Holland/Sweden/etc would it still inventory the contents of their bags if they used character text from their own language?

Obviously one way around it in my case is to simply rename my bags and remove odd characters but in the case of the aforementioned players in the world, it might not be that easy.

Any way of making this program not take bag names as literal?
    Yes it does support international characters in the backpack name. (I am norwegian my self and have lots of backpacks with "funny" names

I will have to try and rename one to the "|~|" prefix and see if it messes things up.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Bummer. It keeps all the items in a file called ItemAssistant.db in the working directory of the application. You probably overwrote it when you unzipped the new version? Or if you unpacked to a new location grab the db file from the old one.

If you want to keep the database in a separate location to avoid overwriting with the empty default database each time you upgrade, you can create a shortcut to launch the application and add a command line option as such:

-db <filepathandname>

Replace <filepathandname> with the path and name of your .db file.
    Thanks for info... I'll re-index my char's then
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

v0.8.4

Version 0.8.4 available here: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=187713

For a list of changes see here.

As always, remember to backup your ItemAssistant.db file before upgrading!

Thanks

Is there a way to delete a toon from the DB/list?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Thanks

No, not yet. At the moment you can only delete the items registered to a toon.

No, not yet. At the moment you can only delete the items registered to a toon.
    Is it possible to do it manually directly in the DB file?

Got quite a few toons I'd like to remove from the program...

This program is great!

Couple of minor points

1. Tree view has personalised backpack names. View in the pane on the right does not. (Not sure if this a feature i.e. "Working as intended" in FC speak or not )

2. Similar problem to Mekh maybe but when I transfer between my froob account and my main account. I think the program gets confused. Less so I suspect if I transfer with separate versions of the program running on 2 computers but then I have the problem of combining the dbs. Not sure what happens if I dual log and transfer with one version of the program running.

As you can see, I am confused as well as your program! Any advice would be welcome
    Good luck to everyone. I need it!

Chlem and friends

Running on multiple computers using the same (shared) db file is not recommended.
    I have however been using it without issues when dual-logging on the same PC with one instance of AOIA running.

Another thing that isn't working is the backpack names in the listview. They are indeed displaying the item name rather than the customized name for backpacks.

The app also gets confused it you run it with multiple dimensions at the same time.

Is it possible to do it manually directly in the DB file?
    Sure it is, if you have a bit of SQL knowledge/experience.
    It might be safer to wait for the next version, as I will look into the deletion of toons for that release.

Running on multiple computers using the same (shared) db file is not recommended.
    I have however been using it without issues when dual-logging on the same PC with one instance of AOIA running.

Another thing that isn't working is the backpack names in the listview. They are indeed displaying the item name rather than the customized name for backpacks.

The app also gets confused it you run it with multiple dimensions at the same time.
    OK I am making a clean version of my backpacks now (having managed to overwrite them ) but they were getting messy anyway). I will stick to dual-logging and one instance as you advise.

Thinking about it, I believe that it would be preferable having the listview showing both the item name and the customized name. It would enable ppl to know what sort of backpack they should be looking for visually which would speed up the search.

Thanks for the advice and the great program

Chlem and friends

Thanks

Actually deleting toons woks today. After you delete all items for a toon, collapse and re-expand the "All Characters" node and *poof* gone as by magic.

A big thank you
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Actually deleting toons woks today. After you delete all items for a toon, collapse and re-expand the "All Characters" node and *poof* gone as by magic.
    Heh... Confirmed

Thanks...

EDIT: Nevermind, just had to flip on Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. Leaving post here in case it helps someone else. Probably did this for 8.1 and forgot.

Having problems with 8.3 and 8.4 on Vista. I had 8.1 running (until AO changed things and it started crashing IA) on this box.

The error I get is:

Quote Originally Posted by ItemAssistant.exe - Application Error
    (X) The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate the application.
    I blew away my 8.1 :/ when I copied 8.4 over it. However I rebooted a few times today (setting up the box to become my main system) and each time IA 8.1 was loading fine at startup.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Apr 5th, 2008 at 22:18:49.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Started generating character names as 2147483647.

Is there a fix?

Many thanks

Chlem and friends

Quote Originally Posted by Chlem View Post
    Started generating character names as 2147483647.

Is there a fix?

Many thanks
    Are you running 0.8.3 or 0.8.4?
    This should be fixed in 0.8.4 unless i messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, just had to flip on Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. Leaving post here in case it helps someone else. Probably did this for 8.1 and forgot
    Its unfortunate that it doesn't work out of the box on vista, but until i find the problem in the code its hard to fix. I know of a workaround, but that requires me to make an installer :P (the installer could then flip to WinXP-SP2-mode for you.)

In my opinion it's fine as it is now. Installers just make things more complicated when the program doesn't need to add anything to the registry.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

8.4 on laptop (at work) and it works fine.

So I guess, I have not installed 8.3 on my home computer.

Thanks for the input

Chlem and friends

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast