Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

cool thx
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Hi,

AOIA is a great utility! After using it, it would be hard to give up.

The current 0.9.5.373 build appears to be working well.

But for some reason, in the character's Bank or Inventory displays, the backpack names don't show up. To be more precise, the names on named backpacks do show up on the left "tree" display, but not on the righthand "list" display.

The following screenshot illustrates what I am referring to:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6392/aoia090709.th.jpg

Thanks for a great utility!

Martek
    Last edited by MartekO; Jul 9th, 2009 at 08:09:43. Reason: accidentally submitted before it was ready :p

hello

I been using AOIA now for ages, i downloaded the new version but now every time i start up windows (aoia is in startup) it asks me where my ao is installed.

I checked the readme.txt and it mentioned in there it now uses ItemAssistant.conf for settings but i cant seem to find it in the folder.

I downloaded it again and the conf is not in the zip

Any ideas where i can find that file or how i can stop it asking where my ao is.

Its not a big issue i dont mind showing it every time, but would be nice if i didnt
    DustFront Raid Bot Rk1
    ::DustFront - Home Page ::
    Guild
    ::Corporate Justice:
    Characters
    ::FoxyTrader(TR:220)::FoxyAgent(AG:220)::Drfoxy(Dr:220)::
    Links
    ::FaceBook::Home Page
    info
    ::
    AOTradeskills - http://aotradeskills.com/dnn/ - On Xfire ::

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    hello

I been using AOIA now for ages, i downloaded the new version but now every time i start up windows (aoia is in startup) it asks me where my ao is installed.

I checked the readme.txt and it mentioned in there it now uses ItemAssistant.conf for settings but i cant seem to find it in the folder.

I downloaded it again and the conf is not in the zip

Any ideas where i can find that file or how i can stop it asking where my ao is.

Its not a big issue i dont mind showing it every time, but would be nice if i didnt
    It is supposed to be created by the application the first time you start it. Sounds to me like the application doesn't have write access to its folder, as if it is running inside programfiles or somehwere similar.

Edit: Or it might be running with the wrong working directory. Are you launching it from a shortcut?
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

I am having the same problem. It asks me for my AO directory at every start up. I do indeed launch it from a shortcut on my desktop, but i just tried launching it from its folder and i still don't see it generating a config file.

The program lies in my custom /games folder and it should have plenty of write access. The folder is of course labeled Read-only, but so is every single folder when using XP (and no way of changing this apparently)

Is it possible for us to just create this config file ourselves? i have no idea how much information is contained within it.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    The folder is of course labeled Read-only, but so is every single folder when using XP (and no way of changing this apparently)
    Sounds to me like you have a "set read-only" and "apply this to all files, folders, and subfolders files" applied somewhere, because I can't recall ever seeing that specific thing happen on my XP installs.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Sounds to me like you have a "set read-only" and "apply this to all files, folders, and subfolders files" applied somewhere, because I can't recall ever seeing that specific thing happen on my XP installs.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549 This is what i wa quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    I am having the same problem.
    Me too now. This is very new for me.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Thanks

I checked folder settings and made my user have full control of the folder now it has made the conf file.
    DustFront Raid Bot Rk1
    ::DustFront - Home Page ::
    Guild
    ::Corporate Justice:
    Characters
    ::FoxyTrader(TR:220)::FoxyAgent(AG:220)::Drfoxy(Dr:220)::
    Links
    ::FaceBook::Home Page
    info
    ::
    AOTradeskills - http://aotradeskills.com/dnn/ - On Xfire ::

Might not have been the smartest of me to create the conf file in the working directory. Should rather have put it in APPDATA or similar.

Just thought I'd add here, that after the latest patch AOIA no longer requires me to select the AO folder each time i start up the program. No idea why, but seems fixed now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Might not have been the smartest of me to create the conf file in the working directory. Should rather have put it in APPDATA or similar.
    nooo i hate programs that do this...
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Bump.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Back to the front... and posted a few suggestions on the sourceforge page.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Thanks for the input.. Unfortunately my time has been heavily laid claim to by my wife and my boss lately (in that order of priority) :P

There have been several good suggestions, patches and ideas posted both in private and public and hopefully I will get some time to bring it all together in a new release soon.

Hey guys.

I was just wondering if there are any plans of making this program compatible with Windows7?
    Have talked to a few which claims it does not work and I am delaying upgrading my OS till it does

Quote Originally Posted by LRegor View Post
    Hey guys.

I was just wondering if there are any plans of making this program compatible with Windows7?
    Have talked to a few which claims it does not work and I am delaying upgrading my OS till it does
    AO have no problem with Vista or Windows 7, it's the other way around.

but it easy to make windows 7 and vista work with AO.

Just make sure not to install it to the root folder, and the program files folder.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    AO have no problem with Vista or Windows 7, it's the other way around.

but it easy to make windows 7 and vista work with AO.

Just make sure not to install it to the root folder, and the program files folder.
    Oh yeah, i was aware of that, was thinking more of Item Assistant, but ty for the reply though

Oh yeah, i was aware of that, was thinking more of Item Assistant, but ty for the reply though
    ah well that also work ^^

Hey guys.

I've been running Windows 7 RC 64bit since it was released (so a couple of months), and AoIA has no issues with it. I don't know if it works with the actual release version though... but I doubt there would be any issues.

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast