Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Should be integrated with AO. Seriously.
    Why spent developer time on something the community has already created?
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

hmm is it broken for now?
    http://ia.frellu.net - dont work
    Master Dr Alexbeginner Dre Lvl220 Al30 LE70 Redemption Clan Soldier

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aoia/

And looks like there is some development going on too...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

My web server died on me, but I'll have it back up in a few weeks when I get back from vacation.

TL7 NanoTech -+- Implant Assembler
    TL7 Solja -+- Angry Bullet Sprayer
    TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler
    TL6 Doctor -+- Health Freak
    TL3 Enforcer -+- King of Disco

Server is back up, and will hopefully stay that way for a while :P

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster2 View Post
    Server is back up, and will hopefully stay that way for a while :P
    Are you the creator? I have a really simple smart suggestion. Allow the rename of bags. Clearly only ones that have been renamed but for example all the user does is name them 1 2 3 or ! ! ! ! even each one and then exit game and let them rename the bags with a better visualization lol.

I don't think AOIA works like that. It simply listens to the data steam without making any changes. And I think anything more would violate EULA.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    I don't think AOIA works like that. It simply listens to the data steam without making any changes. And I think anything more would violate EULA.
    Don't think by law they can unless it's in a none standard format have any EULA against editing .txt and etc. Reason why blizzard has their files as .wtf

And I think anything more would violate EULA.
    Clicksaver violates the EULA, as do bots.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Clicksaver violates the EULA, as do bots.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much
    EULA was written to protect peoples privacy etc etc. I assume Funcom turns a blind eye to common sense but keeps it there for legal reasons.

If it edited the stream in-game, maybe. But I believe that the bag names are stored in individual .XML files on your PC. In other words, you can edit them yourself at any time in a text editor.

The big thing would be that AOIA would need to edit these files while you were NOT in AO (as it writes out these XML files when you log off ... though with bags it may not rewrite bags unless you change them).

I would welcome this. I would also love a utility that merged / copied bag data across toons (I've done so many xfers over the years that I have thousands of bags with XML data).
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Just as an fyi, the BANK_MODULE in the upcoming release of Budabot 2.3 will be able to read the csv files that AOIA outputs, so you'll be able to browse your bank characters from in game.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrence2 View Post
    Just as an fyi, the BANK_MODULE in the upcoming release of Budabot 2.3 will be able to read the csv files that AOIA outputs, so you'll be able to browse your bank characters from in game.
    Sweet will it be a pretty interactive module or plain one just like page 1 2 3 4 with everything in it?

You can browse through the characters and the packs on each character, but you can also do searches for items and it will show you the matches and tell you which character and which backpack it's on.

The only downside is if you want to do more than one character, you'll have to concat the csv files that AOIA generates for each character into one file since I believe AOIA can only export items for one character at a time. But on the plus side, you can set the module up to read the csv file from a URL.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrence2 View Post
    You can browse through the characters and the packs on each character, but you can also do searches for items and it will show you the matches and tell you which character and which backpack it's on.

The only downside is if you want to do more than one character, you'll have to concat the csv files that AOIA generates since I believe it can only dump contents for one character at a time. But on the plus side, you can set the module up to read the csv file from a URL.
    kick ass looking forward to this. Is it going be added so that members of the bot rather admin can access this feature I assume? Or should I run my own bot to use it hehe.

Well, it's intended for org bank toons, so your bot admin will have to set it up.

If you want to use it to search you own toons, then you would probably want to run your own bot for that.

This app is fantastic, I've been loving it to death ever since I learned about it!

The only thing I really wish it had was a way to track how many credits are on various characters. Would that be possible to implement?

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    This app is fantastic, I've been loving it to death ever since I learned about it!

The only thing I really wish it had was a way to track how many credits are on various characters. Would that be possible to implement?
    Its coming in the next release.

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

YAY!

Keep up the fantastic work

soon™ ?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast