Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

I noticed another issue since merge ... Unique items

AOIA is not seeing unique items anymore. I have only found one instance, but I have only checked one toon so far, but it definitely does not see the Soldier Trench Straps.

One toon gets the bags with all the numbers others don't. I have not had the crashing mentioned above so far.

I tried re-installing Anarchy at C:\Funcom ..... but it did not help with the 'bank' bug.

I have 1.1.4.0 running as admin with a fresh install and windows 7.

Kinnik

Edit:

I have also noticed that on the left in the 'bank' tab ... toons that I moved bags from bank to inventory yesterday to get the items registered in fresh AOIA where there when I opened AOIA, but disappeared when the toon opened their bank again to finish registering the rest of their bank. The contents show in the middle window if i click on the 'whole' toon ... with location empty.

Others seeing this too?

Also ... labeled bags do not reflect their labels, only their default names ...
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 17:36:31. Reason: disappearing 'real' bags

Same here aswell. org/friends report same too. A working IA is a must with 6 accounts with banktoons full of stuff ><
    -Devouringu-
    -Prospherine-
    -Ladydeva-
    -Millinea-
    -Vikingmannen-
    -many more

~~General of The Asylum~~
    We are recruiting! Come join us today!

Has anyone tried copying their Anarchy install folders into the %app data% area where FC put pref folders?

Part of the issue with banks is likely that the labels for the bkpacks in the bank are in the pref folders ... in a totally different place than the install folder we point AOIA to.

Any thoughts? Would have to copy it in after installing as the install process creates a new secret-numbered folder to put pref folders into with each install.

Kinnik

The issue of AOIA missing the Backpack names can be solved by:
    1. Exit AOIA
    2. Back the "Prefs" folder in your "Anarchy Online" up to somewhere else
    3. Delete that "Prefs" folder
    4. Open a command prompt (as Administrator if running Vista or higher)
    5. Run
      Code:
      mklink /D "[path to your AO folder]\Prefs" "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\[random string]\Anarchy Online\Prefs"
    6. Start AOIA
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    1. Exit AOIA
    5. Run
      Code:
      mklink /D "[path to your AO folder]\Prefs" "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\[random string]\Anarchy Online\Prefs"
    6. Start AOIA
    Do you mean back-up and then delete the old 18.5 preference folder from my Anarchy install folder?

I re-installed my Anarchy to c:\funcom ..... and it does not have a Pref folder.

Kinnik

edit: Well it does have a folder labeled Prefs but it does not have account folders anymore ... just one xml file called prefs ...
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 20:41:30.

Then (just in case) backup this folder.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    1. Exit AOIA
    5. Run
      Code:
    6. Start AOIA
    I turned this around and linked all the relevent new appdata folders back to my AO folder since I keep all my game installs on a seperate partition now.

I shall see if this helps with the nesting issue as well.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    I turned this around and linked all the relevent new appdata folders back to my AO folder since I keep all my game installs on a seperate partition now.

I shall see if this helps with the nesting issue as well.
    I am looking forward to hearing back from you on how it goes ...

I am still a little confused about what steps to take, but it is nice to see folks are working on possible answers.

Kinnik

Part of the issue stems from the fact that IA looks for bag names in pref xml files in the old location(within AO install directory), not the new appdata location. So it doesnt matter if you have labelled the bags against post-merge, because those pref files that have been updated with new bag names are in new location and IA is still looking at old location

What someone suggested with making a symbolic link from the appdata to point back at old pref location may work to some extent as IA will then be looking at the right pref files. Even with that fixed, i think there are other issues with it which are unrelated to that eg. Bp disappearing from IA db on zone shouldn't have anything to do with pref location

On a positive note, I've managed to get my dev environment set up finally and managed to fo a compile of the source code with all needed libraries so that's one step further towards being able to debug these issues. Will be busy with RL next few days though so not sure how far I'll get
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

FYI: Trying to fake-link the preferences trick does not fix the problem (for me at least).
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    FYI: Trying to fake-link the preferences trick does not fix the problem (for me at least).
    Which problem doesn't it fix? It should fix the new names of backpacks being reflected in IA?

I'll grab the source code tonight after work and have a poke around to see if I can "fix" IA to work as intended with the new prefs and dimensions etc.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Which problem doesn't it fix? It should fix the new names of backpacks being reflected in IA?
    I've just tested it and it does work to get the new names of backpacks reflected in current borked version IA, which still looks at the old location of the prefs.

What I did:

1) Backed up my original pre-merge prefs at "[path to your AO folder]\Prefs" to another directory
    2) Moved the new post-merge prefs(with new bp names) from "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\[random string]\Anarchy Online\Prefs" to "[path to your AO folder]\Prefs"
    3) Created a symbolic link so that all the prefs being currently updated will be updated to the original location by executing the following command:

Code:
    mklink /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\[random string]\Anarchy Online\Prefs" "[path to your AO folder]\Prefs"
    Example command I ran:
    mklink /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\380d4cb1\Anarchy Online\Prefs" "C:\AO\Anarchy Online\Prefs"

When I did this, and I then updated a bp name on one of my chars to "TestBP", this was immediately reflected in IA for that character. This would just be a temporary fix though, IA would definitely have to be updated to be able to change the path of the prefs location. I've fixed this on my dev copy of the source code and it works fine for me without the whole "fake-linking" I did above, but I just hardcoded this for testing purposes so that will need to be fixed properly. There are bigger issues I need to look at though which I think is more important

1) nesting of bank
    2) disappearance of whole bps of items on zone

FWIW, the bank nesting happens because the bank refresh message header has changed (check the AO::Bank struct in AOpackets.h). At the moment, every time you open the bank it hoses your item database. Maybe that's the cause of BPs apparently disappearing when you zone too?

I poked about with this yesterday and sorted out the location of prefs and the bank nesting problems. Hacked up aoia_src tree here https://github.com/jellyfunk/aoia-hack
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

ah that explains it. Had a quick look at your code and looks good, I've been playing around with similar changes to the setting of the pref folder. I ended up hardcoding it in the conf file too. Was about to ask if anyone knew where the random string that is the name of the directory after the two Anarchy Online directories in APPDATA came from... because no idea where that comes from or if it changes between different players.

I'll have a play around with the bank refresh header too. good find! better than me stumbling around it.

Thanks for all the feedback.
    I am working on fixing the issues with 18.6 and cleaning out the dimension support stuff.

If you are feeling desperate and/or adventurous you can grab the latest pre-release version directly from the buildserver here: http://teamcity.frellu.net/viewLog.h...ifacts&guest=1

TL7 NanoTech -+- Implant Assembler
    TL7 Solja -+- Angry Bullet Sprayer
    TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler
    TL6 Doctor -+- Health Freak
    TL3 Enforcer -+- King of Disco

Yay,you're back! Jellyfunk's hacked up code would be a good start to see what changes we've been talking about. Has option to specify new pref folder and also the new bank refresh construct. I'll test with those new changes to see if that fixes the disappearing bp on zone as well

UPDATE: Just ran a test with a freshly compiled version with new bank refresh message header as Jellyfunk mentioned(AO::Bank struct in AOpackets.h), and can confirm that the nested banks seems to have been fixed along with the disappearing BPs on zoning as well.
    Last edited by cybertron; Mar 5th, 2013 at 07:05:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    If you are feeling desperate and/or adventurous you can grab the latest pre-release version directly from the buildserver here: http://teamcity.frellu.net/viewLog.h...ifacts&guest=1
    Grabbed and testing now. Happy to report no nesting issues surfaced yet.

EDIT. There still seems to be something amiss, though. My doc's bank bags ended up listed under my engi, and I had to do a hardlog to get my crat to be recgonized.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 6th, 2013 at 19:45:02.
    Because Race Yalm

Will you also remove the ability to select server(on Summary/inventory/pattern-matcher-pages), as there is only one now? Less clutter ftw
    Maybe add "Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material - Type 48" to Identify-page ?
    And remove playershop monitor as those don't exist anymore. (Again, less clutter.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    cleaning out the dimension support stuff
    Just noticed this right after my previous post
    See the other two above though
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast