Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I see a v1.1.4.22 now ... more fixes coded?

I was going to download v1.1.4.17 until I saw 22 ...

Kinnik
    Something was fixed atleast, cause I ran it and 1.1.4.17 didn't get my prefs folder right, it chose the ones belonging to my testserver installation, but 1.1.4.22 found the right one (checked by opening "ItemAssistant.conf" in notepad)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    OK, I got it sorted now.

It seems that the .conf file only gets written when you exit the program by File -> Exit
    Closing it with the X in the upper right corner does not write the .conf file.
    Just FYI, if you just "close" it with the X in the upper right corner, I don't think this actually closes IA. It just minimizes to system tray but IA is still running.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Just FYI, if you just "close" it with the X in the upper right corner, I don't think this actually closes IA. It just minimizes to system tray but IA is still running.
    I never noticed that .
    Thanks for the info now I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I see a v1.1.4.22 now ... more fixes coded?
    Yes, I changed it to detect all your prefs folders no matter the your installation folder, and then NOT pick anything automatically unless I only find 1 single install.

Until I find the exact hashing algorithm used by FC I think that is as automatic as I can make it.

TL7 NanoTech -+- Implant Assembler
    TL7 Solja -+- Angry Bullet Sprayer
    TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler
    TL6 Doctor -+- Health Freak
    TL3 Enforcer -+- King of Disco

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    I never noticed that .
    Thanks for the info now I see it.
    A bit of legacy code right there.. That concept worked much better in WinXP than Win7.

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Something was fixed atleast, cause I ran it and 1.1.4.17 didn't get my prefs folder right, it chose the ones belonging to my testserver installation, but 1.1.4.22 found the right one (checked by opening "ItemAssistant.conf" in notepad)
    I can confirm this. Also checked conf file with AOIA 1.1.4.22 and it had right path for prefs. (in my case, C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\79bb37b0\Anarchy Online\Prefs)
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Oh and .22 should also be able to export to the new scripts folder as well.

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Am running with the .22 build right now and have noticed that it has stopped logging items twice today(for no discernable reason). I was going through toons logging all items and noticed that after some time, it had stopped updating the database. When I checked the timestamp on the ItemAssistant.db file, I could see it hand't been updated for sometime. Have sent the logs to you for your debugging. Seems like the aoia_hook detaches itself or something...

EDIT:
    Found the issue and a way of reproducing it -
    1) Start IA
    2) Start AO, start logging items, all working ok
    3) Select a character in IA Inventory tab, and select option to export items to CSV. When asked for location, specify a location different from where IA is installed
    4) Can keep logging items, etc until AO client has been shut down(fully). If using /camp to switch characters, IA will keep logging
    5) Once AO client has been shut down, IA will not log any more items from then on. It seems that it's now looking for the ItemAssistantHook.dll file in the location where the CSV was exported to, and since it never finds it, never hooks again into the client

So for those of you who are using the Export Items to CSV functionality(perhaps for the server merge bp name syncing script that Misat0 wrote) be careful about this. Either log all the items first, then export CSVs at the end, and then restart IA to locate the hook dll again, or export all the CSVs to same directory as IA install so it doesn't lose the hook dll.
    Last edited by cybertron; Mar 10th, 2013 at 14:36:24.

Unhappy

I found the reason my AOIA stopped working, Norton 360 is reporting the hook as having a virus in it and so deletes the program.
    I'll see it i can find another dll that doesn't report a virus with Norton360 and use that.
    Last edited by freshmeat2; Mar 10th, 2013 at 21:40:45. Reason: Deleting quote

Quote Originally Posted by freshmeat2 View Post
    I found the reason my AOIA stopped working, Norton 360 is reporting the hook as having a virus in it and so deletes the program.
    I'll see it i can find another dll that doesn't report a virus with Norton360 and use that.
    In that case, you just need to force Norton to ignore the hook dll that IA is using somehow. I don't think you can just find another dll, as its a custom dll that was coded just for this.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Until I find the exact hashing algorithm used by FC I think that is as automatic as I can make it.
    boost::hash on the parent directory of the installation folder.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

One thing that has been a bit annoying with AOIA is that whenever my explorer.exe crashed (which unfortunately happens quite frequently due to bad laptop), icon for AOIA disappears from system tray area but program is still running on background. It of course will continue to keep database updated but I have no way to open window for program itself. Only way I have been able to solve this has been to forcefully end process from Task Manager and then open AOIA again to get icon back to system tray area.

This can be quite annoying if it happens more than just few times per day.. As far as I know, all other icons I have in system tray area haven't disappeared when explorer.exe is crashing. Would be nice if AOIA icon wouldn't either.

Is there either a easy way to restore icon back to system tray manually (without closing AOIA and then restarting it) or would it perhaps be possible to change something about AOIA so it wouldn't do it in first place?
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

I downloaded the latest Zip version from Sourgeforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/aoia...m%20Assistant/

It is still 1.1.4.0. Where do I find the newer versions mentions

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    I downloaded the latest Zip version from Sourgeforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/aoia...m%20Assistant/

It is still 1.1.4.0. Where do I find the newer versions mentions
    http://teamcity.frellu.net/viewLog.h...Id=bt7&guest=1

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This works, but with / as path delimiter, instead of \
    Sneaky FC
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Thanks.

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    Is there either a easy way to restore icon back to system tray manually (without closing AOIA and then restarting it) or would it perhaps be possible to change something about AOIA so it wouldn't do it in first place?
    Potentially quite easy to fix. I will look into it.

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

1.1.4.22 now updates BP names, im very grateful!!!
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

I am using 1.1.4.22 and seems to be working well ... thank you

However,

I found a bug in Anarchy with the Backpack of Survival ...

It does not open any longer ... AND ... AOIA does not "see it" in either the bank or inventory.

Obviously AOIA also does not see what I stored inside them before merge. Zoned my toon multiple times, etc. and AOIA still does not even see the bkpk of Survival.

Kinnik

edit: I don't know if it is an isolated bag or if all bkpks of survival are bugged.
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Mar 11th, 2013 at 19:28:57.

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast