Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Adjuster's AOIA (pre-reinstall):
    Logging Started

Version: 1.1.4.24
    Current Directory: E:\Apps\Play\Anarchy Online\AOIA\1_1_4_24\ItemAssistant
    Using AO folder at: E:\Apps\Play\Anarchy Online\AO18_1_1\Anarchy Online
    Using AO preference folder at: C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\47b59af9\Anarchy Online\Prefs
    DBManager::createDBScheme: Creating a new database scheme from scratch.
    Attempting to inject 'E:\Apps\Play\Anarchy Online\AOIA\1_1_4_24\ItemAssistant\ItemAssistantHo ok.dll' into process 6688
    Failed to open AO client process. Error: 5
    Attempting to inject 'E:\Apps\Play\Anarchy Online\AOIA\1_1_4_24\ItemAssistant\ItemAssistantHo ok.dll' into process 6688
    ...and several hundred more
    Could not locate Anarchy Online window.
    ...and several dozen more, which I presume is because I closed the client.
    OnFileExit()
    Storing window rectangle.
    Posting close command.

Logging Terminated
    Dream's AOIA (post-install):
    Logging Started

Version: 1.1.5.1
    Current Directory: E:\Apps\Play\AO Third Party Apps and Backup\AO Item Assistant + v1.1.5.1
    Using AO Folder at: E:\Apps\Play\Anarchy Online\Anarchy Online
    Using AO Prefs at: C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\2e1db75b\Anarchy Online\Prefs
    E:\Apps\Play\AO Third Party Apps and Backup\AO Item Assistant + v1.1.5.1\ItemAssistantHook.dll
    Attempting to inject 'E:\Apps\Play\AO Third Party Apps and Backup\AO Item Assistant + v1.1.5.1\ItemAssistantHook.dll' into process 5912
    E:\Apps\Play\AO Third Party Apps and Backup\AO Item Assistant + v1.1.5.1\ItemAssistantHook.dll
    Attempting to inject 'E:\Apps\Play\AO Third Party Apps and Backup\AO Item Assistant + v1.1.5.1\ItemAssistantHook.dll' into process 5912
    x100s more, which I presume is because I closed the client.
    Last edited by Gorathon; Mar 29th, 2013 at 05:33:55.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Yep, I think you nailed the bunny in the head a few posts ago when you identified Norton, or some anti-virus was removing or blocking the hooking DLL.

The logs you posted there support this. Basically, there is no hook dll to hook with, hence the repeated messages in the logs you shown. I only know this because I've tried it with my debug setup and exactly the same thing happens.

Try running without the anti-virus, or rather with a one installed that is known to be compliant, such as AVG.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Norton killed mine, had to restore it, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Try running without the anti-virus, or rather with a one installed that is known to be compliant, such as AVG.
    Alas, I already run AVG, and disabling it doesn't help; adding the Third Party Apps folder as an exception doesn't help. :/

Edit: Do Administrator rights matter? Both the AO client and Clicksaver are run as Admin, so I set AOIA to Admin-level as well. Should I downgrade some things, or otherwise tweak settings? Reinstalled the client and doesn't have admin rights.
    Last edited by Gorathon; Apr 2nd, 2013 at 16:48:31.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Ghosts of Atlantean

i might be a troll

To date I have heard of this happening with 2 people, therefore I have decided it requires some further investigation. Later today I'll be putting out a version with some extra checks / logging included to try and grab a more precise snapshot of what exactly is happening for further examination and hopefully a solution.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

I haven't ready the entire thread, so if this is answered previously I'd appreciate a linky...
    But, does anyone have any idea why every time I restart the 'pooter, and AIOA, it keeps asking me for the AO installation folder?

AOIA is in //programs(x86),
    Win 7 x64 OS

Not a huge issue, more of an annoyance really.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I haven't ready the entire thread, so if this is answered previously I'd appreciate a linky...
    But, does anyone have any idea why every time I restart the 'pooter, and AIOA, it keeps asking me for the AO installation folder?

AOIA is in //programs(x86),
    Win 7 x64 OS

Not a huge issue, more of an annoyance really.
    Do you have a "ItemAssistant.conf" file in your AOIA directory? If not, then follow the following:

Start AOIA, point it to the AO Install folder, then CLOSE AOIA down. When I say CLOSE it down, I mean, don't just minimize it or click on the X on the top right of the window, find it in the tray, and right-click on it, and Click Exit. That might fix it. AOIA doesn't write the configuration file till the first time you close it down properly.

Otherwise, here's another way of possibly fixing it: Don't put AOIA in the //Programs directory, put it in C:\AOIA or something outside of it.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Everything Cybertron said, but if you do wish to have AOIA in a system folder, such as Program Files, then simply run it with administrator privileges (right click it or its shortcut, properties, compatibility, tick admin privs). This can work if you have UAC switched on.

To date I have heard of this happening with 2 people, therefore I have decided it requires some further investigation. Later today I'll be putting out a version with some extra checks / logging included to try and grab a more precise snapshot of what exactly is happening for further examination and hopefully a solution.
    I look forward to testing for you, at your leisure.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Ghosts of Atlantean

i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Edit: Do Administrator rights matter? Both the AO client and Clicksaver are run as Admin, so I set AOIA to Admin-level as well. Should I downgrade some things, or otherwise tweak settings?
    If the client is running as admin, then anything that wants to hook into it must too.

Was there a specific reason for running AO as admin?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

There was, though it was years ago and has since been lost to time. I can tell you it's always been installed on my 2nd HDD so it wasn't a \Program Files thing.

And it seems that I didn't reinstitute Admin Rights on the client when I reinstalled the game on the 28th, so my question is moot.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Ghosts of Atlantean

i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Do you have a "ItemAssistant.conf" file in your AOIA directory? If not, then follow the following:

Start AOIA, point it to the AO Install folder, then CLOSE AOIA down. When I say CLOSE it down, I mean, don't just minimize it or click on the X on the top right of the window, find it in the tray, and right-click on it, and Click Exit. That might fix it. AOIA doesn't write the configuration file till the first time you close it down properly.

Otherwise, here's another way of possibly fixing it: Don't put AOIA in the //Programs directory, put it in C:\AOIA or something outside of it.
    Conf file is not created as you said. Tried to close it "file->exit" but on task manager it seems that it doesnt want to close the Program. ItemAssistant is located under the D:/Anarchy Online/ItemAssistant (it is running inside the AO folder).
    Tried also to use win 7 as compatible mode, didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by spyp0w3r View Post
    Conf file is not created as you said. Tried to close it "file->exit" but on task manager it seems that it doesnt want to close the Program. ItemAssistant is located under the D:/Anarchy Online/ItemAssistant (it is running inside the AO folder).
    Tried also to use win 7 as compatible mode, didnt work.
    Can you see the IA icon in the tray? If you can, you need to right-click that and choose exit. I don't know how win8 deals with tray icons sorry i can't be more descriptive

When i say tray, i mean that little spot on the bottom right of screen in default windows installs
    Last edited by cybertron; Apr 4th, 2013 at 09:28:29.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Can you see the IA icon in the tray? If you can, you need to right-click that and choose exit. I don't know how win8 deals with tray icons sorry i can't be more descriptive

When i say tray, i mean that little spot on the bottom right of screen in default windows installs
    Roflmao!
    That was funny as hell. I'm an IT... no need to tell me what system tray is.
    I've done it both ways, both tray and file->exit. non is working. the program seems to be hanging on the task manager.

Roflmao!
    I've done it both ways, both tray and file->exit. non is working. the program seems to be hanging on the task manager.
    Hahaha just checking. Never know what particular experience everyone has around here.

Roflmao!
    Not exiting correctly is an old issue that had been seen long before the merge and that seems to only afflict a few people. Not sure if it's aoia's fault or some combination with virus programs, OS, etc...

See here: http://sourceforge.net/p/aoia/bugs/17/
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Well after extensive testing, I am happy that this version qualifies as my first branch release of AOIA.

A number of enhancements are added over Morten’s official AOIA;

Account segregation in “Inventory” View.

Credits displayed, with option to disable in “Inventory” View.

Bio-Materials and Frozen Crystals correctly sorted by type in “Identify” View.

Ofab types added to “Identify” View.

Fixed a bug in the “Identify” View that would cause AOIA to crash.

Fixed a bug causing AOIA to not correctly locate your Anarchy Online Prefs on x64 bit windows systems.

Options menu added allowing;
    Manual location of Anarchy Online prefs folder should some users require this.
    Minimising to Taskbar or System Tray.
    Displaying of Total/Account/Toon credits on/off in “Inventory” view.

With Morten giving me permission to branch this version, I can therefore make this release available as AO Item Assistant+ v1.1.5.1.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/

More enhancements to come soon…

P.S. This version should be compatible with your current AOIA user Database (ie no need to open all your bags again).
    Hey, like the segregated accounts and credits but i'd just like to note that, the characters creds are showing up properly but its not adding up the total per account properly.

On my first account the total is listed as precisely the same cred amount as the last character in that account so i thought that might be it. But the other 2 accounts add up completely differently so not sure whats going on there.

not sure if this helps anyone, i am using aoia v1.1.5 but i also have a "fix" in place for the older versions

Quote Originally Posted by the fix
    This is a temp fix and does not work for environments where more than one person play from the same AO install on separate windows users.

Quick and dirty aoia/scripts/dd fix
    1. download the new test build of AOIA from HERE

2. Locate your ao prefs and scripts path (usualy "C:\users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anar chy Online\<randomtext>\Anarchy Online\" )

3. rename the prefs and scripts folder allready in your AO INSTALL folder (where you installed ao and prefs/scripts used to be located)

4. replace AOIA files with the new one you just downloaded (can try to keep the two .db files)

5. start cmd.exe as admin (rightclick and "Run as Administrator") and in that window do this:

Code:
    mklink /D "<youraoinstallpath>\prefs" "<path from step 2>\prefs"
    mklink /D "<youraoinstallpath>\scripts" "<path from step 2>\scripts"

6. move any scripts you want from old scipts folder to the linked folder in ao install folder

7. fire up AOIA and update it's itemsdb. (if aoia crashes, remove the two .db files in the AOIA folder, you will then have to re-index all your bps btw!)

8. launc AO and get banging them bags!

DD parsers should also work with this fix.
    and my aoia works just fine, you can download the 1.1.5 @ Sourceforge.

not seen any issues with it. i did start with a fresh install and sort my bags from the start.. so didnt upgrade existing db.
    Navian 220/30 Solitus Soldier President of aTrox Caelestis - Calmate 220/30 Opifex Bureaucrat President of Deus Caelestis
    Proud member of The Alliance
    Yeah, to me there is only 1 alliance

Can we please maintain a single download link? Right now we have:
    1 - the link in the first post
    2 - the link to the beta's since recently (also from OP)
    3 - the link to Sourceforge containing the latest version from the OP
    4 - the new (new to me) updater with his plus version of AOIA
    So much choices :P

i dont see Galactic Gem of Burning Plasma in the identify tab, should't it also be there?
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast