Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Options : Minimize to taskbar : Uncheck : Problem solved.
    Until next time it has been started. At least for me it does not remember the setting. I've even tried setting it manually in the config file (forgot the filename). It does show as ticked off though.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Weird, worked instantly for me. (Running Windows 7 64-bit)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Maybe a dull request, but I'll put it out there anyways; would it be possible, on the summary page to implement "sorting" ? Like.. if I click Toon, it sorts the list by name or click level it sorts the toons by level, from highest to lowest on first click, and reverse on 2nd click..
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Weird, worked instantly for me. (Running Windows 7 64-bit)
    Any chance you could look in your "ItemAssistant.conf" file to see if you have any option there that I do not or so?

Code:
    AOPath=X:\AO
    ShowCreds=yes
    Window.Height=767
    Window.Left=1945
    Window.Top=25
    Window.Width=1260
    Last edited by Mekh; Oct 11th, 2013 at 06:20:49.

I have this right below AOpath

Code:
    Minimise To Taskbar=no
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Options : Minimize to taskbar : Uncheck : Problem solved.
    Thanks ... didn't realize I had an options button to check.

Liwa

Can you add an option to Save the Prefs location for AO in the config file .. my %User% folder in Windows is in a non-standard place, and having to select it Every time I run AOIA is a pain in the butt!

This option is already there...

AOIA+ Options menu :: Manually Locate AO Prefs -> use the folder browser to locate your AO prefs folder
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by uafsoft View Post
    Can you add an option to Save the Prefs location for AO in the config file .. my %User% folder in Windows is in a non-standard place, and having to select it Every time I run AOIA is a pain in the butt!
    If its not saving the settings properly, once it has full loaded up, right-click on the icon in the system tray and exit out of it fully to save. The main trunk code didn't save till you exited the app properly so assuming this may be same
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Hmm .. well I must be one of the unlucky people, who, when they click the 'Exit' button - the app never actually Exits .. and hence writes the config file. So .. the longer question is .. what IS the config file option, so that I can manually edit the config so the app finds my Prefs folder?! The config finds the AO folder fine, and most other settings .. but since they broke the client post-merge I have to manually configure everything all over again -sigh-. On the plus side, however, at least for me AOIA(+) works so thanks guys for keeping up the good work!

AO Item Assistant + v1.1.6.1 Release

AO Item Assistant + v1.1.6.1 Release:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/

It has appeared for some time now the saving of the prefs has been a bit of a sticking point for some users with AOIA. I have therefore corrected this issue with this release of AOIA+, and your prefs should be saved correctly and consistently between sessions now.

The method invoked means you could even drop a AOIA+ shortcut into your Start-up folder, and have it start/exit with windows and not have to worry about closing it again to save your prefs.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post

The method invoked means you could even drop a AOIA+ shortcut into your Start-up folder, and have it start/exit with windows and not have to worry about closing it again to save your prefs.
    I have not tried this with your updated + version on Windows 8.x. From what I understand Windows 8.x will not allow an unsigned app to start with windows or login. Signing it of course would be one way to resolve this.

In the meantime for users that want it to start with Windows 8.x the best method I have found so far is to create a scheduled task that runs it a short time after Login.

To implement this method follow these steps:

• Type: "Task scheduler" in start menu, run it.
    • Select Create Task, name it something. Add an optional description if desired.
    • Check run with highest privileges if Item Assistant is in the program Files folder. This is necessary to allow write privileges in Program files folder for apps that are not installed with the trusted installer privilege.
    • On the Triggers tab, select New
      • Choose At log on from the Begin the task; dropdown list.
      • Select Any User or choose your username from the change user button.
      • Delay the task for 30 seconds or 1 minute. One less thing for windows to load while you log in for faster startup.
      • Make sure the Enabled is checked

• On the Actions tab, select New
      • Choose Start a program from the Action dropdown list.
      • Browse to where the AO Item Assistant program is saved for the program/script box. for example: "c:\Funcom\Utils\ItemAssistant\ItemAssistant.e xe"
      • Add the path to the Start in (optional) textbox. The path is everything before \ItemAssistant.exe in the box above. For example: c:\Funcom\Utils\ItemAssistant

• On the Settings tab.
      • Check Allow task to be run on demand.
      • Choose Do not start a new instance

• Click OK and you are done!

I hope this helps someone.

I am curious to know if anyone was able to get this or other programs to start with Windows 8.x using a different method. This only applies to apps the are not digitally signed by the publisher.
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Is Sourceforge.net down? ..... link below does not work, goes to error page.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/

Liwa

edit: Link works now ....
    Last edited by Liwa; Oct 14th, 2013 at 17:07:57.

AO Item Assistant v1.1.6.2 Released

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus

It is my understanding that some folk are so addicted to AO and can't bear to be without AOIA+ that they may wish AOIA+ to fire up when Windows loads. Therefore this version adds a few menu options allowing AOIA+ to do this for you and to start minimised so it doesn't interfere too much with your usual Windows boot up.

Greater stability to continuity of prefs between sessions.
    Added the Menu Option for AOIA+ to start with Windows (Per user account).
    Added the Menu Option for AOIA+ to start minimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus

It is my understanding that some folk are so addicted to AO and can't bear to be without AOIA+ that they may wish AOIA+ to fire up when Windows loads. Therefore this version adds a few menu options allowing AOIA+ to do this for you and to start minimised so it doesn't interfere too much with your usual Windows boot up.

Greater stability to continuity of prefs between sessions.
    Added the Menu Option for AOIA+ to start with Windows (Per user account).
    Added the Menu Option for AOIA+ to start minimised.
    Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated.

Is it safe to just copy/paste new files into the old AOIA folder and can I just keep doing that with new updates, or is there another way of updating that I should use?
    (I always make a backup of the entire AOIA folder before doing it ofc, but...)

Yeah you can simply drop the new files right on top of the old ones and replace them ... one day(tm) I'll package the installer for this branch (",)

Just a few feature requests:
    • Remember the expanded or collapsed state of Accounts and Characters in the Inventory tree.
    • Allow a custom sort order for Accounts and Characters. They are listed currently listed alphabetically, which actually puts my main accounts at the bottom of the list.
    • The ability to Hide Accounts or characters that you don't want to see displayed. I host quite a few Bots. I wish I did not have to see the bot accounts or characters. My list is cluttered enough as it is!
    • I know this has been brought up before and a solution proposed but I would still like to have the multi-dimension ability in the one interface, with the tree displaying the account, dimension, character. Or Dimension, Account Character.

One last thing, the Summary page still shows the characters from both dimensions but does not clarify which are which so it is confusing and misleading at best.
    Last edited by Teknologist; Oct 21st, 2013 at 02:21:50.
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

So I installed the updated AOIA, and it worked fine... for about 5 minutes. Then it closed itself down and now when I try and open it, it instantly closes itself again. Is this a known issue or something?

(64bit Win7, 1 fullscreen windowed AO client running at the time, all I'd done was grab the freebie halloween phats out of the shop via the mail terminal)

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Dream or others,

Does anyone know if we can use itemAssistant without an AO installation?
    Does it support any command-line arguments?

Basically, I run iA with a shared dropbox/gdrive on the cloud so that I can invoke it from anywhere: my laptop, my desktop PC, etc.
    I have a work laptop now, and I'd love to be able to search for items in my lunch breaks and such or respond to forum WTS/WTB requests by using iA.

There isn't really a need to install iA on the work laptop - I have launched it previously and built it on the laptop and desktop PCs, and saved install to the dropbox/gdrive folder.... But every time I start it up, it asks to locate the AO folder on this new work laptop, and I want to avoid installing AO thick client.

I thought it was doing this to generate the itemsdb cache for ia, but does it want prefs folder? I am syncing the prefs folder on gdrive/dropbox also, so maybe I can use that?

Basically I want to hear how other people get it to work in 'offline' mode...

Cheers
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast