Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

@ Teknologist : I'm working on the tree issues (saving branch openings, sorting, more info in the char headers etc). Actually I'm in the process of re-writing the entire user interface, but this is on hold while I finish my last couple of assignments for uni.

@ Ophiuchus : Not aware of any reason AOIA+ would do this without an error creeping in from an external source (think: corrupt files, over zealous anti-virus software etc).

@ Mastura : Currently the hard-coded startup looks for an AO install, so nobody runs it in offline mode, however, this is an interesting concept and I may look into making an option for it in the near future.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the next update!
    Keep up the great work!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

You can fake an install mind you... but I've only done that with a copy of the in-game DB for testing purposes, not tried it without that... so it might fail on that count, and if it needs that, the entire game isn't much bigger.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Could you tell me how you did it? What file is the internal db? That's great news it doesnt need the full game, because I could in theory just sync the internal rdb to my dropbox/box/gDrive storage and have that available with iA on all my devices too.

Thanks!
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Any chance you could add an option in there so that when X is clicked on top right corner(ie. Close), that it'll just minimise to the tray rather than actually close the application fully? Believe it was like this in the previous base version, and without it, I find it too easy to close it accidentally when I just want to get rid of the window, and then I end up having things unlogged/out of sync as AOIA isn't running while I'm playing AO
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Any chance you could add an option in there so that when X is clicked on top right corner(ie. Close), that it'll just minimise to the tray rather than actually close the application fully? Believe it was like this in the previous base version, and without it, I find it too easy to close it accidentally when I just want to get rid of the window, and then I end up having things unlogged/out of sync as AOIA isn't running while I'm playing AO
    Weird... I am running latest version, and when I click the "X" it does infact minimize to system tray.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

It's there under Options -> Minimize to taskbar, but you actually need to turn it off. It's a little bit ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Woefke2 View Post
    It's there under Options -> Minimize to taskbar, but you actually need to turn it off. It's a little bit ambiguous.
    Based on the description of the option i would say thats not the least bit ambiguous, but it is completely misleading if that is in fact what it does!

I will try it out and see

EDIT: Hmm...doesn't seem to work for me. Regardless of whether "Minimize to taskbar" is checked or not, when I click on X, AOIA does close completely. The behaviour of the "-" button does change depending of whether that option is checked. If its checked, when the app is minimised, the app stays in the taskbar. If its not checked, the app disappears from taskbar, but stays in the system tray.

Win7 64-bit here if that matters, running latest version 1.1.6.2 of AOIA+
    Last edited by cybertron; Dec 17th, 2013 at 08:40:56.

Win7 64 here as well... but I just checked aoia-version... 1.1.6.0 so guess something changed after that :/ (I thought I had the latest build, apparently not =) )
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Lightbulb AOIA+ v1.1.6.2

Latest version is v1.1.6.2 to work with the current AO build.

Grab it here!
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

Hi, i have a little issue while running v 1.1.6.2.

When i try to find an item, it crashes.. Over and over again. I tried to reinstall but get the same issue.

Windows 7 64 bit

Any solutions?

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Latest version is v1.1.6.2 to work with the current AO build.

Grab it here!
    Dream, is there a ChangeLog between v1.1.6.2 and v1.1.6.0?

Just wondering if its worth dropping back to v1.1.6.0 as per what Jihnna's running so I can get the "Close to SysTray" functionality back, so want to see what features was added between the two versions.

v1.1.6.2 updates:
    Close to SysTray has now been removed, as per Windows UI design, and now closes the program. This was also to improve stability between sessions and reduce instances where the program would hang without closing fully. If you want to minimise, use the minimise button, as per windows UI design.

Settings are now saved much more securely across sessions and during sessions of AOIA+. No more lost settings due to no closing the program down, either successfully or not.

Internal DB adjustments in preparation for some new modules.

Items database scanner now uses 64bit pointers to be functional with the latest build of AO.

As for searching crashing, I haven't came across that before, and sadly I cannot replicate the error on any of my machines here. However, I will continue to look at the code to see if there are any optimisations that can be made.

Happen to be hosting the ThirdParty folder on svn as well?
    Would reduce a lot of hassle getting it up and running.

Thinking of adding rename backpacks inside AOIA, and something ala pattern matcher for alb

Hi, I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth as I love AO Item Assistant and appreciate the work you've put in, but I use Peerblock to monitor all network connections, and AOIA+ seems to open connections to

209.18.47.61 and

on launch.

If I manually block all these connections, 213.153.27.175 is prevented from making any connection, and AOIA+ stops opening any network connections, but still runs perfectly fine (and indeed, this type of software shouldn't require any network connections as far as I can tell) so I'm curious why these connections are being opened.

Furthermore, on the most recent launch of AOIA+, I got two errors running scripts on pages:

h*ttp://testdm.travelers.com/trvwics.gif?TraceAgent=IMP&ad_id=341581425&siteAli as=373174510

h*ttp://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-6252684199878771&output=html&h=600&slotname=401483 5195&adk=2569876569&w=120&lmt=1389544225&ea=0&flas h=10.0.42.34&url=http%3A%2F%2Fia-help.frellu.net%2Flatest%2Fpatternmatcher.php&dt=1 389544225095&shv=r20140107&cbv=r20140107&saldr=sb& correlator=1389544225122&frm=20&ga_vid=1639315780. 1389544225&ga_sid=1389544225&ga_hid=236230400&ga_f c=0&u_tz=-360&u_his=0&u_java=1&u_h=1080&u_w=1920&u_ah=1018&u _aw=1920&u_cd=32&u_nplug=0&u_nmime=0&dff=arial&dfs =12&adx=484&ady=116&biw=621&bih=461&oid=3&rx=0&doc m=7&vis=0&fu=0&ifi=1&dtd=124

The first, a blank or one-pixel gif, is usually a tool used to track who has visited a particular URL as gifs allow IP information to be retrieved on the backend. The second is clearly a google ads link containing a reference to "patternmatcher.php," making it seem as though this link originated within AOIA+.

Can you please assuage my security concerns? Again, I greatly appreciate the software and the work you've put in, but I don't feel comfortable running software if I can't be certain what it's doing online (especially when it wants to start with windows and run in the background at all times). Until the issue is clarified, I personally recommend running Peerblock (free software) and blocking the above IPs for the time being.
    Last edited by kozm0naut; Jan 12th, 2014 at 18:11:42. Reason: Disable URLs (apparently they become links whether you want them to or not)

kozm0naut: Open AOIA and select the "Pattern matcher" tab, notice how it loads the frellu website, along with advertising.
    Blocking said websites have little to no effect on the operations of the program.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by kozm0naut View Post
    Hi, I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth as I love AO Item Assistant and appreciate the work you've put in, but I use Peerblock to monitor all network connections, and AOIA+ seems to open connections to
    http://ao.ribbs.me/aoia-1154.zip should be less aggressive on the page loading
    Last edited by MrPete; Jan 13th, 2014 at 13:28:03.

Talking

New unofficial version of AOIA: (1.1.5.3)
    * Minor bugfixes
    * Can now rename backpacks inside AOIA

New unofficial version of AOIA: (1.1.5.4)
    * No longer automatically loads frellu help page on pattern matcher (can still click 'Help' to open it)
    * Pattern matcher can now filter by Galahad/Mordeth garden quest
    * Can now double-click on search results to see what else is inside the backpack.

Downloads:
    ZIP: http://ao.ribbs.me/aoia-1154.zip
    Installer: http://ao.ribbs.me/ItemAssistant-1.1.5.4-installer.exe

This version is based on the updated on by Dream, but is not a release by him.
    Last edited by MrPete; Jan 13th, 2014 at 15:55:22.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    New unofficial version of AOIA:
    Few questions before I download:
    1) By renaming bags inside AOIA, does this change the name of the bag ingame?
    2) By forking Dream's version, you've prevented anyone who adopts your version from getting any further updates from Dream. Do you have any plans to work with Dream to merge releases? This concern is really what is stopping me from adopting your version. Dream's last post was only a few weeks ago so I don't think he's abandoned the project.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

1) Yes
    2) Thats really up to him, he can merge in my code if he wishes, I'm just adding some stuff requested by org members.
    I don't have write access to his SVN, so nothing I can do about that.

Not even sure if he uses the SVN, his binary is not built from the code on the SVN.
    Last edited by MrPete; Jan 12th, 2014 at 23:00:06.

Thanks MrPete, the patternmatcher page loading by default is pretty innocuous, but it is certainly pinging someone's pageviews and ads every time the application is launched by any user, and I think yours is a valuable change. It might be worth writing a static help page and including it in the software so that the application doesn't require a third party website to be online for those looking for help, though the frellu.net page itself is under copyright. Frankly, I don't think the pattern matcher needs much of a how-to anyway

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast