Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

I originally wrote this to Morten (the original creator) and later passed it on to Dream, but now that i see that there are more people working on it i thought it might be a good idea to post it here.

Original letter:

Heya Morten, i love AOIA and a few months back when gauntlet made it in game i noticed that keeping track of the ts stuff that drops in there is not the easiest thing to do, specially not if you're trying to make good time to reach the top.

I usually make a list before going there with what i need and how many of what, but i was thinking that an addition the AOIA that keeps track of what you have in inv/bags and what is needed would make it far far easier and quicker than doing it manually, i'm sure there could be something added to AOIA that could help you with collecting loot by perhaps having a windows where things are listed that you need and get marked in red or just taken away from the list when you looted it or something similar.

Is this something you might consider adding ? I'm sure it could be used for other things as well if you give it the ability to make (edit) a list and the user could work it from there
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Is this something you might consider adding ? I'm sure it could be used for other things as well if you give it the ability to make (edit) a list and the user could work it from there
    Should be fairly easy, but I'm not quite convinced its useful to the general public..

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    Should be fairly easy, but I'm not quite convinced its useful to the general public..
    I would defo like such an option as well...

A user customisable to-get list that would get ticked off as the items needed is collected would definitely be handy for most people.

Gauntlet stuff is one thing, but also stuff like Xan-symbs and sided shoulder pads and so on... Lots of stuff where such an option could be handy.

Making an import/export option for such item-lists would make it pure win imho.

Could gather up lists from other people then as well as make lists available for others to use and build upon.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Alright, I'm sold =)

Keep throwing ideas out there though, the more the merrier!

What I'm imagining now is:
    * Import/Export
    * Option for: All toons / one specific toon
    * Add/Remove items + QL range + Amount
    * Either a listview with checkboxes (have / don't have) [[x], item, amount] or a html generated page ala the one for pattern matching.
    Last edited by MrPete; Jan 14th, 2014 at 00:28:43.

Yeah, some basic formats text format with just item ids might be sufficient if there isn't complex QL based stuff...

Though I'm not sure how expandable it could be in best case, wouldsomething like AI armor be even possible? Though this is very large amount of work including complex rules about QLs...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Well.. AI armor takes very few parts to make, but QLs very depending on clump etc.. I'm not sure its the right candidate for this kind of list..

For actual tradeskill guides, you're still better off with AO Universe.
    But something like albatraum bracers and gauntlet tradeskill should be quite easy.

Nice to see someone with the knowledge enthusiastic about doing some upgrades, Mrpete. Wish i had some better ideas atm but i do have 1 based around this idea with the gauntlet parts.

Shade spirits are quite complex with lots of variations, would be good for this. Heres a site i found that helped me making mine, maybe this could be incorporated to some extent.

http://phaz-online.com/Spirits.htm

A feature that I guess was removed some time since the server merge was aoia's ability to distinguish between servers, which means characters with the same name on live and test live get their inventories merged and might make somebody think they had way more igocs than they thought they had, for example.

Did you get happy, then instantly sad Scum ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Pretty much that, with some mild befuddlement in between.

That caught me too Scum The AI Armor list was impressive!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

So, has anyone got this (or any version) to work on Win 8.1?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    So, has anyone got this (or any version) to work on Win 8.1?
    Win 8.1 here and no problems, though MrPete's 1.1.5.4 wanted msvcp110.dll which I just copied from another version's folder.

Which version though? I've got both of the most recent versions listed in the last few pages here, and it insta-crashes once it creates the database.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

This one and this one (the zip)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    it insta-crashes once it creates the database.
    And does the db creation bit all over again once you run it again?

It detects that it's you kink, and you don't deserve to run it!
    Nanolisting by skill - See what nanos you can use with your current nanoskills
    RK1 Tradeskill Services

Will need a bit more information than "it crashes".

It's about as helpful as "it doesn't work".

It doesn't work because it crashes.

Clear as day, chop chop!
    Nanolisting by skill - See what nanos you can use with your current nanoskills
    RK1 Tradeskill Services

Just installed AOIA on Win8 64bit but it keeps crashing at startup, when i try to point to the directory Anarchy Online is installed.
    "Death is only a change to be reincarnated in the recreation machine"
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

Is it the moment you click OK?
    Or does it switch to progress bars and then crash?

Do you have an ingame nick where I can get in touch with you?

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast