Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    Is it the moment you click OK?
    Or does it switch to progress bars and then crash?

Do you have an ingame nick where I can get in touch with you?
    It crashed the momemnt i click ok, after having navigated to the AO installation directory.

Essentially, it starts before it builds DB.
    "Death is only a change to be reincarnated in the recreation machine"
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

Quote Originally Posted by seithan View Post
    It crashed the momemnt i click ok, after having navigated to the AO installation directory.

Essentially, it starts before it builds DB.

Got an ingame nick where I can contact you?

I don't have any windows 8 license available to test AOIA, id need you to run a few different builds with debug info, to try to narrow down the problem.
    Last edited by MrPete; Jan 18th, 2014 at 00:02:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I would defo like such an option as well...

Making an import/export option for such item-lists would make it pure win imho.

Could gather up lists from other people then as well as make lists available for others to use and build upon.
    Got an experimental build at:
    http://ao.ribbs.me/aoia-1155-experimental.zip
    It does not yet have an interface for creating the lists, but will handle lists made manually (see "Masterpiece Ancient Bracer.xml" for an example file)

Would like some feedback on GUI, functionality, etc..

Ok i found a few things so far:

i've added moster parts as to test it, and i've noticed that i have to change toon in the character list and back to the toon i'm looting with in order to make the list refresh.

I also, for some reason, have my shade listed twice in that very same list, confusing
    He's not listed twice anywhere else that i can find, only tested it with shade so far, i'll post again if this happens with some other toon.

Had some trouble finding the "right" item id to add to list, but that's not really a problem since i'm assuming that in the future releases you'll be able to add items and ql thru the GUI.

If it's not a programing nightmare it would be usefull to be able to detach the list from the main program and put it like a sticky note somewhere else, with the ability to resize it. If not it's fine as it is
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jan 18th, 2014 at 10:53:50.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

* Yep ill be adding a search function which lets you search by name, instead of providing the itemid.
    * I'll also be adding a refresh button, and perhaps an "on focus" event
    * Ill look into the double toon issue
    As for the last point.. I don't know.. Can anyone tell me if windows gadgets got removed in windows 8.x? If not, this is relatively easy.

One of my toons (shade) is listed twice in all drop-down menues, not sure why.
    Not sure if this started happening now either, hehe.
    Might delete him later and readd him, unless you have some suggestion on what to do to get rid of that

I assumed those duplicates were from my Test & other server toons...but perhaps not?

Either way, it would be extremely useful to see which server a character was from if that's possible.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I also have a couple toons that are duplicated. Now I know the reason for this in my own case; I transferred those 2 toons from one account to another, now AOIA reads prefs for that toon both under old account and new account, since old prefs are not removed from disk when transferring a toon. This MAY be your case as well. I also did the mistake of having AOIA open and logging on to test, so got a dupliacte from that as well
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Ah yes, it's most likely a toon from test, logged on to test and checked what toons i have, it fits
    wtb ability to rename/move toons so i can sort that out
    I'm guessing things will be a bit screwed up on that toons and stuff that i have on test will reflect back on the toon i have on live etc etc :\

Yeah, basically, have one AOIA for live, and another for Test in two separate folders, just make sure you run the correct one for the correct dimension. A hassle but, probably best solution atm.

Also.. One of the toons I moved is now listed under both the account it was on and the account it was moved to. I deleted it in AOIA under the account it was moved FROM. Not smart... it was also automtaically deleted from the accountit got moved to, so had to go ingame and open all backpacks again. The best is to just go into the account it was one's prefs, and delete the folder for that toon. (which means you'd need to have it's old ID written down, something you should awlays do anyway when moving a toon so you can just move the prefs over. Saves having to redo GUI)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I'll put it on my todo list, see if the old dimension code still exist.

Seithan or Chasma. When im online im usually playing any those two. What's your ingame nick?
    "Death is only a change to be reincarnated in the recreation machine"
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

Quote Originally Posted by seithan View Post
    Seithan or Chasma. When im online im usually playing any those two. What's your ingame nick?
    I'll either be on "Xzipr" or "Officeleet".
    Not sure when I'll have time though, got some work I need to finish this weekend.

Sorry - Mine builds the database and then crashes.

That's it. The next time you launch it, it instantly crashes. There is no screen, nothing loads. You start the executable and the first and only thing you see on the screen is the "The application crashed, would you like to send a report"
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Sorry - Mine builds the database and then crashes.

That's it. The next time you launch it, it instantly crashes. There is no screen, nothing loads. You start the executable and the first and only thing you see on the screen is the "The application crashed, would you like to send a report"
    I'm obtaining a Windows 8 version to test it with

Hows the update going Mrpete? Any chance you were interested in what i posted on the last page? Leveling up a shade and it sure would be nice to have. For others as well im sure.

"Shade spirits are quite complex with lots of variations, would be good for this. Heres a site i found that helped me making mine, maybe this could be incorporated to some extent.

http://phaz-online.com/Spirits.htm "

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Hows the update going Mrpete? Any chance you were interested in what i posted on the last page? Leveling up a shade and it sure would be nice to have. For others as well im sure.

"Shade spirits are quite complex with lots of variations, would be good for this. Heres a site i found that helped me making mine, maybe this could be incorporated to some extent.

http://phaz-online.com/Spirits.htm "
    Back to working full time again, so less downtime.
    Got a few additions I want into AOIA.. but I'm not sure how you propose to implement the phaz-online spirit page.. what exactly would AOIA do? And which role would it fill that the existing website does not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Yeah, basically, have one AOIA for live, and another for Test in two separate folders, just make sure you run the correct one for the correct dimension. A hassle but, probably best solution atm.
    Which won't work if you are logged on to test and live at the same time. Saving the dimension ID against the character is really all that is needed to keep things separate. The UI doesn't really need to do anything (except maybe adding a TL flag against the char name if the dimension id is Test?), but the rest of the program can figure out which character is which and keep updates/changes to one separate from the other.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    Back to working full time again, so less downtime.
    Got a few additions I want into AOIA.. but I'm not sure how you propose to implement the phaz-online spirit page.. what exactly would AOIA do? And which role would it fill that the existing website does not?
    Same way it was proposed by nanoenforcer. Having it keep track of what gauntlet parts you have and whats left that you need to make a particular piece.

Same thing for Alpha spirits. Keep track of what you have and what you need to make all the variations of shade alpha spirits. And that site tells whats needed.

And the role it would fill is the same role the conversation on the last page was about gaunt pads. Keep track of what you have and what else you need. Can take upwards of 150-180ish individual spirits to complete a set of alphas iirc, quite the mess.
    Last edited by adeptall; Jan 23rd, 2014 at 16:59:45.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Same way it was proposed by nanoenforcer. Having it keep track of what gauntlet parts you have and whats left that you need to make a particular piece.
    Already included in the experimental build, just no fancy interface to make the lists.
    Fully doable to just copy paste IDs and make a list based on the ao-universe guide though

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast