Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

I haven't deserted this thread. Quite the opposite. I'd like to thank MrPete for his continued work with the current AOIA, Morten made it open source for the community to continue his original work, and it is nice to see that happening.

As for my development plans, well there are a number of issues with the original code. Although excellently coded by Morten all those years ago, the issues start to arise due to the age offset by modern OS improvements. Because of this I have decided to re-write the whole thing from scratch. It will include a number of features beyond what AOIA is capable of at present, these will include a DPS monitoring meter, a mission item locator (much like clicksaver) as well as a general AO items databse browser with the ability to monitor certain items that are of interest. The initial monitoring will be nano crystals/discs, this integrated with the mission item monitor will provide a much needed rolling system that is able to detect what you need etc. There will be an implant designer and search facility to see what you can make given a specific search criteria, as well as a tradeskill section that is able to monitor your items across all toons and offer advice on what can be built. Stat searches will also be included .. for instance you can search items based on your skills and buffs and eventually this will manifest itself into a fully fledged twinking module.

I've already made much progress on many of these modules. Given that I have some free time now you may expect a beta version in the not too distant future. I'm trying to ensure future compatibility as much as I can. I can't say much on this subject at present as you know certain things are not allowed to be discussed, however I can say that the current AOIA will fail in the future which is why I have taken this immense project on.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up on this, and take the time to thank MePete for his ongoing efforts.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

This sounds exciting, but it needs new name.. Like Anarchy Online Toolbox or something
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Make sure you include an import-from-aoia function

Was actually looking at the message id for missions the other day, thinking of implementing a simple clicksaver.. but since there's mishbuddy, didnt see much point in it.

I must say it will not include a replacement for MishBuddy at this point. MishBuddy remains to be a superb tool with a lot of extra features in the purchased version that is well supported and provides a nice compact interface.

MrPete, if you PM me your email address I will make the source available to you also, if you are willing, to collaboratively work on this project when it reaches a point release. I would like to make this a community project nearer that time also. I'm currently trying to ensure the foundations are solid and well structured to enhance continued development.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

http://ao.ribbs.me/aoia-1155-experimental-3.zip
    * Now refreshes the "recipe view" automagically.
    * New script: /loot will dump the latest corpse opened to chat.
    * New script: /wp will provide a waypoint to your position.

The /loot function is mostly useful to raid leaders (nag yours to update), so they can quickly list loot instead of wasting everyone's time waiting for announce

The /wp will provide a link to your characters position, so others may find you.
    These scripts may be optional in the future, but currently is currently mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    MrPete, if you PM me your email address...
    Done =)

Windows 8:
    I now have windows 8 running in a VM but have not yet managed to reproduce any relevant crashes (I did discover a bug causing aoia to crash if you delete your prefs folder..)
    I'll see about adding stacktrace dumps on SEH exceptions, see if we can't track down the issue.. =)
    Last edited by MrPete; Jan 26th, 2014 at 23:04:33.

It still seems to be quite slow at automagically refreshes in the "recipe view".
    I've noticed anything between 45 sec to several minutes.

If there is no way around this perhaps you could pop in a "refresh" button there so it can be done manually?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

It automatically refreshes once you open it.. (eg it was minimized or something)
    But yep im adding a refresh button.. Just havnt gotten around to it.

Today i was migrating /loot and /wp from my damage parser.

Currently on the TODO list:
    * Make the 'recipe view' threaded (like most things in aoia)
    * Make a GUI page to make/import/export recipes
    * Mark backpack in the tree view when doubleclicking an item to view backpack contents.
    * Possibly re-add multiple dimensions
    * Re-order the pattern page so 'show partials' is the default option
    * Trade history [undecided]
    * Refresh button on 'recipe view'
    ** Find and fix whatever causes the crash for some people on Windows 8 (need testers who have this issue)
    Last edited by MrPete; Jan 27th, 2014 at 00:03:01.

Cool changes Mrpete. The loot and waypoint things will be handy. Can't wait to see what other cool ideas you come up with

So which version is now leading: AOIA+ 1.1.6.2 or AOIA 1.1.5.5? Are their databases interchangable with each other? (haven't tried AOIA 1.1.5.5 yet).

AOIA: Deprecated
    AOIA+: Updated mid december
    AOIA++: Most recent

Should be able to change them in-place without any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Which won't work if you are logged on to test and live at the same time. Saving the dimension ID against the character is really all that is needed to keep things separate. The UI doesn't really need to do anything (except maybe adding a TL flag against the char name if the dimension id is Test?), but the rest of the program can figure out which character is which and keep updates/changes to one separate from the other.
    I agree, for me at least, it gets very confusing having more than one AOIA to deal with. I will often be logged into Test and Live at the same time to check something. It would be great if AOIA could check for dimension or just post first 2 or 3 characters of the APP/DATA folder the toon name is found in.

Liwa

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    Windows 8:
    I now have windows 8 running in a VM but have not yet managed to reproduce any relevant crashes (I did discover a bug causing aoia to crash if you delete your prefs folder..)
    I'll see about adding stacktrace dumps on SEH exceptions, see if we can't track down the issue.. =)
    This is what broke - I didn't have a prefs folder on my C:\ Partition
    I do now, and my old install now actually works fine
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

unable to parse ao database - more details might be found in the log (if enabled)
    ao item assistant cannot start without a valid item database
    unable to start the application from the current location

aoia -> C:\item assistant\
    ao = D:\games\Anarchy Online\

starts creating ItemAssistant.db (16k) and then errors.
    no progress bars, no windows, just error dialogs.

win7 x64.
    Last edited by kenabi; Feb 17th, 2014 at 09:37:39.

How do you export list of items in html code? You know the stuff ppl use when they do bank sale. Only thing I found was 'export to CSV file' which wasn't very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    How do you export list of items in html code? You know the stuff ppl use when they do bank sale. Only thing I found was 'export to CSV file' which wasn't very helpful.
    Not sure if AOIA offers such a feature, but most bank sales on the forums use: https://aoitems.com/helpstore/
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Choose items with shift for multiple items. Then:
    Right-Click - "Copy Item HTML link" and choose one of the sites.
    For forums the one below "Copy Item VBB link"
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Choose items with shift for multiple items. Then:
    Right-Click - "Copy Item HTML link" and choose one of the sites.
    For forums the one below "Copy Item VBB link"
    Thank you both. This is what I was looking for, albeit it's a bit less convenient.

There's /bp to dump the contents of the last opened backpack.. Though not sure if i've included it any released builds.. http://ao.ribbs.me/test_release-1154-5.zip should be the latest one.

Quote Originally Posted by kenabi View Post
    unable to parse ao database - more details might be found in the log (if enabled)
    ao item assistant cannot start without a valid item database
    unable to start the application from the current location

aoia -> C:\item assistant\
    ao = D:\games\Anarchy Online\

starts creating ItemAssistant.db (16k) and then errors.
    no progress bars, no windows, just error dialogs.

win7 x64.
    Any log?

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast