Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    I did that too once, and had to rebuild the entire db from live. was a nonexisting issue when we had the choice of dimensions, like MrPete said...
    same here but i used a sql editor to delete the test toon so i dont need to rebuild from start

Hey folks,
    Morten was in the process of removing the server code when I got on board with my branch. he figured with the server merge there was only one server so stored name uid as keys, removing the server id. I didn't wish to break anybody's already built DB's, so just kept it as he done it.

I did make a post some time ago, stating that if you want to run on a different server, run a separate copy of AOIA for that server.

Like Mrpete, my time too is limited, however progress with a completely new version may be slow, but it is coming along steadily. Half the battle is with M$ in designing my vision of a completely custom GUI.

Anyway, that said, this next big patch to live is going to kill AOIA. I wish I had more time to spend on the new version, as so far it works with 17.x/18.x pretty flawlessly. It also works with multiple installs and servers for AO right in the program. However it isn't ready for public consumption just yet. After all, you guys n gals will want features, especially such things as a DB import function from previous versions. I am working on it, and thanks go to Mrpete for continuing this version for you folks to use right now.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Hey folks,
    Morten was in the process of removing the server code when I got on board with my branch. he figured with the server merge there was only one server so stored name uid as keys, removing the server id. I didn't wish to break anybody's already built DB's, so just kept it as he done it.

I did make a post some time ago, stating that if you want to run on a different server, run a separate copy of AOIA for that server.

Like Mrpete, my time too is limited, however progress with a completely new version may be slow, but it is coming along steadily. Half the battle is with M$ in designing my vision of a completely custom GUI.

Anyway, that said, this next big patch to live is going to kill AOIA. I wish I had more time to spend on the new version, as so far it works with 17.x/18.x pretty flawlessly. It also works with multiple installs and servers for AO right in the program. However it isn't ready for public consumption just yet. After all, you guys n gals will want features, especially such things as a DB import function from previous versions. I am working on it, and thanks go to Mrpete for continuing this version for you folks to use right now.
    Oh yeah, i couldnt live without IA! Much appreciated.

When i found out about renaming packs in IA i assumed since it modifies the prefs folder a relog would be necessary to see the changes (such as when copying prefs over). But much to my surprise and delight simply closing and reopening the bank updated the changed names.

Now out of nowhere that is no longer working. A restart is now required for me to see changes.

Why this change? What might have stopped working?

I tried a different IA, a fresh db, nada. Just wont record changes until after relogging unlike just a week or so ago.

Try zoning
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

Did, no go. And that also didnt used to be necessary. But now its just relogging, only thing.

I'm having a really odd problem with my AOIA. All of a sudden it is no longer finding certain items. I haven't changed anything with the installation or done anything differently. AOIA is set to run whenever I start up my PC so I know I'm not missing things because of some weird synch issue (even if I was...it would just be in the wrong spot not totally missing).

Examples of items that aren't pulling up: IQ rings, soul fragments and Docaholic rings. There are probably other items but these are 3 that I've looked for in the past 24 hours. I get one QL 1 IQ ring and 0 Docaholic rings. I must have at least 25 7% IQ rings on my accounts and probably twice as many docaholic rings but I'm not getting anything. I tracked down a pair of rings to use but even after equipping them and a reboot.. they still aren't showing up in AOIA. Every toon I've logged has had 1 or more rings.. and none of them are registering either.

Any ideas? I saw mention that 18.7 was going to completely break AOIA. Is it possible that because I logged in to 18.7 with my AOIA running that something has already gone wrong? If that's the case, is there any way to reverse what broke?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 28th, 2014 at 21:28:32.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Have you tried zoning after moving the items between chars ?
    I assume you have, but I have noticed it doesn't update the content of my mules consistently if I never zone it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Well it isnt that items are missing that I moved. I've had iq rings on my toons since 2004.. some of them have been sitting in the same spot for many years, not moved. I rolled a MA a in July and was able to go to Item Assistant and locate all of my rings and move 2 of them to her for leveling. I'm using the same installation of AOIA and it now doesnt show any rings.. not the 2 she has, or any of the others around. Yesterday I moved the 2 rings that were on my MA over to my new keeper. I've zoned, relogged, rebooted the PC and I still only show the single QL 1 IQ ring across all of my toons.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Is it possible that because I logged in to 18.7 with my AOIA running that something has already gone wrong?
    Yes it is highly possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    If that's the case, is there any way to reverse what broke?
    Try locating the file "aoitems.db" and delete it. log in on 18.6 and let it rebuild the database, then check to see if it works again.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Try locating the file "aoitems.db" and delete it. log in on 18.6 and let it rebuild the database, then check to see if it works again.
    Just tried that and it didn't work. My new keeper that is wearing 2 IQ rings shows up but when I look at her cloth tab, everything is listed but:

Overheated Shoulderpad
    Excellent IQ Ring
    IQ Ring
    Clan Advancement - Leaves of Spring

That's even after zoning, relogging, restarting, etc. All of the information on the other tabs are correct. The items I listed in an earlier post are also still not showing up.
    ------

So assuming there's no way to fix this. Is the new version of AOIA going to import information from the old? Just wondering if it'll make more sense for me to go ahead and reinstall AOIA and recatalog everything (since the info can be ported to the new version) or if I should just wait for the new version since I'll have to do everything over again (if old info can't be ported over).
    You can find me at:

This has probably been asked but could GMI cred count be added into IA?

Hey folks,

Any progress to report?

Emma

TJ, I've had strange things like this happen before but it was more-so related to syncing prefs to Dropbox/Gdrive/etc. It's imperative you link the AO prefs to the local directory and not the remote directory (ie - use C:\...\Games\Funcom\Anarchy Online\Prefs and not C:\Users\...\Dropbox\AO\Prefs). I'm not sure if you are doing this sort of thing but in case you are there may be an issue relating to this - it works for the most part, the only times I've seen real issues is when also logging into AOIA+AO while desktop is logged on with AOIA+AO simultaneously causing 'concurrency' or 'race-condition' style issues, would be neat if AOIA did support multi-user concurrency but probably a pipe dream for now. I think it's almost imperative that the Prefs be stored off-PC' especially for those that have been playing for a while and losing your prefs is tantamount to sacrilege!

Anyhoo, feedback/request for the devs (either and/or AOIA/AOIA+) - I would *really* like to see some support for classification of item (weapon, nano-crystal, armour), even at the most basic level and allow us to do things like search through all toons for a class of 'weapon' or 'armour' (along with the keyword). I mean *ideally* advanced searches would be awesome, so we can do some of the more funky stuff that Aoitems and AUNO (well more specifically, aomainframe) used to do, like searching for what we have that buffs a certain thing, etc. I mean the db its ripping from is the same one that AUNO/aomainframe/aoitems is (the actual game), so I don't know what some of the particular challenges would be to do something like that? From having a look at the item info panel, there is quite a bit there, I'm not sure if it has enough info to determine what category of item it is, but even if you don't auto-pull and cache to sqlite ALL of the item info, just the category, that would be awesome.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to next release/s!
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Quote Originally Posted by Mastura View Post
    I mean the db its ripping from is the same one that AUNO/aomainframe/aoitems is (the actual game), so I don't know what some of the particular challenges would be to do something like that?
    The versions of AOIA I've used have a SQLite database for their items, which does in fact contain all the info you'd need to run these kinds of searches. The only challenge would be that the way items are stored has been inconsistent over the years, so a deep knowledge of the database is needed to structure the queries just right.

Some of them would be rather easy, though: finding an item that buffs a certain stat would be simple. But the requirements are more complicated as different boolean operators are used to achieve the same results, which makes a rather complicated query very quickly.

*Edit: what I mean is, listing all the items you have that buff agility would be easy. Narrowing that list to those that can be equipped by a Clan Solitus Bureaucrat under level 200 would not be. It is in fact doable, however.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

It should be easy enough to filter by type and slot as that info is all held in the main table, other stats etc would be a bit more effort, but again, quite do-able. AOS does this sort of thing using the same db, so I know

As to the TL ve Live, all that is needed is something like an * next to the name of TL chars in the list, no fancy UI or that, as long as it knows the difference between "Bob" on TL and "Bob" on live and treats them as 2 separate chars (Bob* and Bob)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I found a bug at least in the AOIA++ branch. An account doesn't show up in the account tree (but the toons do get scanned and listed in the search results) unless one toon has at least 1 cred. Alternatively they might need to have ai lvls, vp or at least the first spec. I'm not entirely sure if any will do, but my froob acc with two toons, 0 creds on both, didn't show up until I gave one toon 1 cred.

Is there a version of AOIA that works with the current Live client? I've lost track >.<

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Is there a version of AOIA that works with the current Live client? I've lost track >.<
    AOIA and AOIA+ work with the current client.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aoia/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Thanks

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast