Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Oh I don't suppose there's any way to get AOIA+ to be able to monitor more than one client install is there? e.g. a second install for froob mules that use different settings (hence seperate install) or testlive?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Yes ... I have a copy of AOIA+ for each AO install I use and simply point each AOIA+ to the AO folder I wish it to monitor.

I must apologise for the delay in getting the new version out, I am working on it, although development has been slow due to a number of distractions in my life at present. I can say though that there is much better system for this age-old issue where it will monitor all AO installs from within a singular interface.

To say AOIA (any version) works with the latest build of AO, is a kind of half truth. It will monitor your items and capture quite a high percentage of the AO DB items, although there may be some anomalies that creep in now and again.

I'm planning on picking up development after Xmas. I'll keep you all posted in the new year.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Oh I don't suppose there's any way to get AOIA+ to be able to monitor more than one client install is there? e.g. a second install for froob mules that use different settings (hence seperate install) or testlive?
    I understand the motivation to use a different database for testlive (or beta) but what is the reason why you don't want your mules' items to show up in the same place as your other toons?

With AOIA+ the toons are already sorted by account and it was always possible to search for items only in one toon.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Using the same install of AOIA for Live, TestLive and other servers entirely ruined my AOIA and made it pretty useless overall. Wtb a way to seperate the info for different servers please.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

i had the same issue, wanted to post about it but never got that far
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    I understand the motivation to use a different database for testlive (or beta) but what is the reason why you don't want your mules' items to show up in the same place as your other toons?

With AOIA+ the toons are already sorted by account and it was always possible to search for items only in one toon.
    Hm it seems the forums ate my reply and I didn't notice until now!

For client settings reasons I don't use the same install or all my froob mule accounts as I do for my main account. I would have to switch out all the launcher settings and in game f10 menu settings each time I want to run anything so just keeping 2 seperate installs each with their own setup is by far the least irritating way of managing it. Old AO client prefs structure meant that AOIA was able to monitor data flow from any and all clients, even if pointed at the prefs of only the one. ofc the bag names for the other client installs would be missing but that's a minor point I am not too fussed over. The important part was that I could track my e.g. poly pillows form the mule to the charcater being twinked.

If I wanted to do that now with AOIA+ I need to manually point AOIA betwen clients every time I want to trade somethign between them in order to track the item!

I could try and see if a seocnd AOIA+ install might work, and hope having 2 copies running at one doesn't bork something. But then I'd still be left with having to duplicate my item searches between the two.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Well, it seems that haivng 2 copies of AOIA each pointing at a different live client install is causing interference with one another :/

So back to square one.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Where are the characternames that we see in Summary stored, and is it possible to rearrange them ? (They're arranged by first to last login from install date as default it seems)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Where are the characternames that we see in Summary stored, and is it possible to rearrange them ? (They're arranged by first to last login from install date as default it seems)
    They are stored in ItemAssistant.db IIRC, it's an sqlite database.

At present I have no intention of doing any further updates to AOIA++, unless there is an update to AO that breaks AOIA.
    I can provide you with the code if desired, it's based on dreams AOIA+, with a few modifications (rename backpacks inside aoia, ingame /loot, etc..)
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

Where can I get the AOIA++ ? Can only find the AOIA+. I would like to be able to name my back packs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post

At present I have no intention of doing any further updates to AOIA++, unless there is an update to AO that breaks AOIA.
    I can provide you with the code if desired, it's based on dreams AOIA+, with a few modifications (rename backpacks inside aoia, ingame /loot, etc..)
    Ah, ok. Thanks but I think that's abit over my head, I know nothing about programming.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghigh View Post
    Where can I get the AOIA++ ? Can only find the AOIA+. I would like to be able to name my back packs.
    One post above yours, in his signature...

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post

Throw it up on GitHub, and I'll take a look at it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Not seeing his signature. Ran threw almost every post here and seen 1 but couldn't get it to download. Would start then fail to download.
    Last edited by Shanghigh; Jan 24th, 2015 at 19:04:19.

Not seeing his signature. Ran threw almost every post here and seen 1 but couldn't get it to download. Would start then fail to download.
    So this one crashes when you download?

From MrPete's signature:
    Latest version of Item Assistant++: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/aoia++-1155.zip

Emma

Sorry about the response time, seems Funcom no longer sends me forum reply emails.

http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/aoia++-1155.zip
    http://www.filedropper.com/aoia-1155

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Throw it up on GitHub, and I'll take a look at it.
    I'll try to get it up in a complete format, meanwhile here is a diff from my current code, to Dream's latest SVN repo: http://www.filedropper.com/gitrar

Clone (SVN) http://sourceforge.net/p/aoiaplus/code/ci/master/tree/ and patch it using the provided .git

Cheers, I'll take a look today during meeting downtime.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Cheers, I'll take a look today during meeting downtime.
    https://github.com/marius00/aoia/tree/master/aoia

50-50 chance I missed checking something in, lemme know if it catches on fire and burns your house down...

And ignore the lemon directory.

Thanks, that looks a bit cleaner than the one I was putting together.
    I forked it to my account so I can go through it over the weekend, make sure everything builds correctly etc.

Any further developments?

(Very boring friday at work so I'm sweeping out the old, outdated mods and trying to find the latest replacements. An AOIA that can read no matter where prefs/installs are - as long as you can select/deselect which installs to parse - would be perfect )

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Using aoia++ 1.1.5.4 and ran into a pretty sad problem, i happen to have toons on live and test that are named the same since i copied those over back when it used to work and now i have stuff on test that i don't have on live so when i try to find something on said toon it's a nightmare to see what is what.

Any possibility to keep those apart by server or id of toon or some other solution?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast