Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

This program as well as Clicksaver cause AO to crash immediately.
    Bugsy @ Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Beefyheart View Post
    how exactly do you create a database file for this program? :O
    You can create your own items file if you have the code for item assistant checked out.

1 - Extract the items list using the AO Resource Tool found on aomainframe.net
    2 - Open the file, remove first row
    3 - Rename the file to "aoitems_namelist.txt"
    4 - Copy it over the identically named file in the folder called "SqlFiles" in the code folder
    5 - Delete the aoitems.db file, IF you have one there already
    6 - run the script called create_new_db_file.bat
    7 - wait...
    8 - wait some more..
    9 - nope.. not done yet..
    10 - twiddle thumbs...
    11 - finished, you now have a new aoitems.db file in the folder, that you may copy to the Item Assistant installation folder
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Cant enter the DL page anymore

I sure hope FC don't do anything that breaks the use of this program...

I'd find it hard to live without it.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

The sourceforge page is up so downloads are available as usual from there. I am however having trouble with my ISP, so the frellu.net domain will probably be unavailable for a few days until i can sort out the new router they sent me.

SF.net downloads of AOIA: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=187713

Hosting these files also as a backup with 100Mbit net
    http://www.waqu.net/itemassistant/
    President of Deadly Whisper
    Engineer Waqu2
    MP Metach
    + Many more alts that i wont list here

http://ia.frellu.net should be up and running again.

Thx
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

The server was down due to a poweroutage today. It should be back up now.

Oh.. and btw: v0.9.0 has been uploaded. Check out the changes listed here: http://apps.sourceforge.net/phpbb/ao...ic.php?f=4&t=3
    Last edited by Adjuster; Oct 10th, 2008 at 19:02:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Oh.. and btw: v0.9.0 has been uploaded. Check out the changes listed here: https://apps.sourceforge.net/phpbb/a...ic.php?f=4&t=3
    This link requires a logon.
    Kirke Issica Rafael, chief ninjal33ter of Omlety, nano uber advy.
    Lady Gniewica, nano PVP trader.
    Seppun Rumiko Sama, nano s10 crat.
    Tradycja Konwencja Technokracja, nano firstchar NT.
    Wojownicza Kruszynka Zaglady, nano mongo4life enfo.
    Nano shade of doom still pending.

Omlety, jedyna polska organizacja na RK2 po stronie Omni, rekrutują! Zapraszamy na forum.
    ...and yeah, OmniTek protects.

Quote Originally Posted by Issica View Post
    This link requires a logon.
    Doh.. it should be http not https.
    Thanks.

Has anyone had problems updating to the new version? I have gotten a report of all toon names going missing after updating and would like to know if anyone else have had the same problem.

My firewall told me AoIA 0.9 tried to access some website on its first startup.
    Anyone know why it tried to do this?

Doing some more investigation, this webserver is running apache, and its default "virtualhost" is still set to the default Apache site (welcome to blah blah, running apache, successfully installed... read apache documentation here)
    I've blocked it for now, as I really don't appreciate undocumented surprices like that.

Has anyone had problems updating to the new version? I have gotten a report of all toon names going missing after updating and would like to know if anyone else have had the same problem.
    I extracted 0.9, let it do its thing, then copied my old ItemAssistant.db file to the new directory.
    On the next startup, it told me it had to update its database file to the newest version, I hit ok, and everything worked fine.
    Last edited by Demoder; Oct 14th, 2008 at 10:01:23.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    My firewall told me AoIA 0.9 tried to access some website on its first startup.
    Anyone know why it tried to do this?

Doing some more investigation, this webserver is running apache, and its default "virtualhost" is still set to the default Apache site (welcome to blah blah, running apache, successfully installed... read apache documentation here)
    I've blocked it for now, as I really don't appreciate undocumented surprices like that.
    It is trying to load the help page for the Pattern Matcher.
    Which servers this application (tries to) use is documented on the main web-page: http://ia.frellu.net
    Blocking it will not limit any major functionality.

I extracted 0.9, let it do its thing, then copied my old ItemAssistant.db file to the new directory.
    On the next startup, it told me it had to update its database file to the newest version, I hit ok, and everything worked fine.
    Sweet. Thanks.

It is trying to load the help page for the Pattern Matcher.
    Which servers this application (tries to) use is documented on the main web-page: http://ia.frellu.net
    Blocking it will not limit any major functionality.
    Okay. You might want to put that list in the readme.txt too, as well as add a option to disable the auto-check of that page (for those of us that are a little bit paranoid).
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Okay. You might want to put that list in the readme.txt too, as well as add a option to disable the auto-check of that page (for those of us that are a little bit paranoid).
    Will do.

Thanks a lot for the new version, I can't believe how some people live without it!

Automatic db update and player shop monitoring are realy great additions for my use.

I haven't tried it yet (at work...), but the shop monitoring allows you to see what you have in the shop as a container, so item search finds things there aswell? Not only the simple html displaying what you have sold?

Quote Originally Posted by RobotJunk View Post
    Thanks a lot for the new version, I can't believe how some people live without it!

Automatic db update and player shop monitoring are realy great additions for my use.

I haven't tried it yet (at work...), but the shop monitoring allows you to see what you have in the shop as a container, so item search finds things there aswell? Not only the simple html displaying what you have sold?
    Unfortunately your shop is not searchable, but that is a brilliant idea if you ask me!!
    Today the shop monitor is two fold: you can see the (parsed) XML logs and you get a pop-up in the tray with a notification when something changes (gets sold).

I hate sounding all negative and stuff, because this really is a great program.
    But, I decided to let AOIA contact your home-hosted helppage.
    It then contacted various Paypal addresses (probably due to the "please donate with paypal" button), and various w3.org sites (I don't know why it would do this, but might be due to some xml schemas).
    You might want to add these to the lists of sites AOIA contacts, as it actually does contact them.

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast