Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: Inferno Quests

Smoldering is pretty bad. Only seeing him 'once' in the past 3 hours of camping him on and off.
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

been camping Guardians of Dissent on and off for nearly the whole day seen 3, didnt get loot on any off them, none of them droped the part tho

the quests have been pretty fun up until this point, now i just want to finish the damn thing and leave inferno.

Personally, Smoldering concept is just stupid 'right' now.

Granted maybe in a 'while' the small spawn rate and slow timer will be 'ok' and
    able to work for the 'few' amount of people hunting them. But as of now, with
    such a massive amount of people hunting them and such a pathetic spawn time
    it is kind of stupid.

Just sat there with 10 other people at least all wanting it to spawn. 4-5+ without
    a spawn, and two ARK's who said everythings working as intended.

Whatever though, I've killed on in the past 48 hours and maybe in a week I'll
    have killed enough to possibly find this quest item.. :P

Quicker respawn + more mobs... :X 1-2 is not enough.
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    in the inferno safari quest:
    second part is to go out and kill
    -5 desolate malah
    -5 grieving malah
    -1 embodiment of sorrow

I had calm a few to make the killing go easier......
    eventually i had killed off the entire camp.

But then a small bug happened.
    When they respawned all the mobs that i had calmed earlier respawned back on the spot where they died with a calm on em...they just spawned that way.

Eventually (for some fast for others not) the calm would break on itself and they would rezap to their normal spot.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

The area where the Shadows are supposed to be (seen & killed 1 so far, no drop) has also a plain basic Hoathlan. Took him way over an hour to pop tonite, I suppose thats "intended" as well in that area .....
    Hardestdrugs, Doctor, 220
    Tenderly, Enforcer, 215
    Adacta, Bureaucrat, 220
    Midshipman, Soldier, 216

A small, cute dog is called a doggy.
    A small, cute girl is called a girly.
    Now what do we call a small, cute Org ?

I have given up on the quests for now. Due to the massive number of trains but from what I have been able to do. they have been fun and a really nice addition.

although I do have a couple of Minor misgivings currently about how those Proffesions that are generally Nerfed for Pandemonium content access ( in otherwords Raidbots, and certain Proffesions pretty much never being on a Dmg Team because either the proffesion itself has been nerfed to the stone age, or due to the "features" inherent in a proffesions Toolkit have to deal with giveing up 1/2 or more of their Dmg potential due to those same "Features" )

I am hopeing Sebuda/ragingangel and a few of the others figure out a method to give those of Us that play the Pandemoniums least Desirable proffesions a shot at getting our Proffesion star quest finished. but it is currently to early to tell.

As to the Quest rewards, So far all of them have been wonderfull and a really nice addition with one exception. The MP proffesion's Creation nano Quest reward.

The specifics of this were just really ill thought out in my opinion. I havent read the entire thread to see if anyone else from the MP camp has complained but it doesnt matter as I am going to complain regardless:
    my complaints are as follows:

1. The new creation weapon is 2 Hand blunt. This would have been perfectly fine if the weapon gave some compensation worth giving up 1/2 or more of my dmg potential not to mention the need to respend to put it on. 1 hand blunt would have at least given us the opportunity to dual weild it with the Asmodian sheild. giving us SOMETHING more than just added heal pet profficiency and a little Nano cast init.

2. The Damage this weapon does is a joke. 1-1? seriously. I would be giving up almost ALL of my dmg potentail for Pandemonium for 12% heal pet efficiency. MP's are already "last choice" for many of the Raid situations (I would say most but I am trying to be generous). Especially when Pets are, for good reason, banned From pandemonium. In other playfeilds, IF this had been part of a Package upgrade for several of the MP nanos then it would have been no problem and perfectly viable. BUT as our pet buffs are noticibly missing a 200+ level version to increase their dmg AND our Nuke line is also missing said 200+ version. Why on earth would I give up most of the dmg I can do and rely strictly on Mindquake (which might I add has a 2k taunt on it makeing it rather a bad choice of nanos to spam at times ) MAYBE this would have been close to acceptable if it also gave a big Add all Def buff or some sort of bOnus to our Damage Pet holding Agro. But it didnt come with either of those. When soloing I can sit in a room doing nothing. while my Dmg pet is Pounding on a mob and the Darn thing will STILL agro on me rather than staying on my Pet. and I have NO way of Modifying my pet to enhance his ability to Hold agro. I cant think of a SINGLE reason any MP would respend to use this weapon. and I seriously doubt any of the 2hb MP's out there would consider giving up any dmg they do for 12% trusting in their Dmg pet.

3. If you had wanted to Give MP's some new nano to Quest for that would make us shiveringly happy. Give us a New Mezz pet to quest for, A new "set" of Pet dmg and init buffs, give us a Pet Taunt buff, Give us a fast casting version of the SL dmg debuffs. But this........whats the point? the MP class is maybe 4th in healing. Right behind Fixer hots. We already have an ENTIRE PERK LINE devoted to improving Heal pet efficiency. so please. why? At least the new Nanos given to NT, and Traders were nice. Congrats Guys!

EDIT: edited for clarity
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezued View Post
    been camping Guardians of Dissent on and off for nearly the whole day seen 3, didnt get loot on any off them, none of them droped the part tho

the quests have been pretty fun up until this point, now i just want to finish the damn thing and leave inferno.
    Agree .. useless camp for a useless reward .. At least fix spawnrate or droprate

Guardian of Dissent camping at the moment... booooooooooooring. Who thought this would be fun?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Been camping guardian of dissent now for a full day -- seen a total of 9 -- only 3 I got to loot and no drop ofc -- only 1 of the 9 dropped item. ffs... I'm absolutely disgusted -- THEN I find out the NT nano doesn't even work. grrr!!!!

Edit: Oh yeah and for those of you who get the symbiant at the end of the quest -- DONT right click it unless you're a shade or it'll turn into a shade spirit and you can't change it back from what I hear.
    Last edited by Tasslehoff; Sep 3rd, 2006 at 10:51:28.
    Zedar2 220/22 Nano-Technician, card carrying member of the Vocal Minority.
    Proud General of 3305 Local Now recruiting!
    Proud Leader of the Knights of 3305 in V:SOH (Also recruiting!)

----------------
    *** www.3305local.com ***

Not a very big problem compared to the Guardian of Dissent and Smoldering Shadow problem, but some of the Malahs pop inside a wall. I think /pet hunt brings them out, but this seems to be the only way. I didn't try area damage, that might work too. Mongo and auras didn't work.
    And yes please, shorter spawn time on Guardian of Dissent and Smoldering Shadow, the other missions were so much fun, I hate getting stuck there.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

camping the damn guardians, seen 1 pop today, the thing didnt drop, heard it has a ~ 4hour respawn, thank you FUcom for putting a mob needed for 2 quests on a **** respawn time and making me compete with DD whores who will probably use the implant once and bank it.

You can't turn the spirit back to an imp, no... GM suggested I handed it back to the yutto, but of course he won't talk to you ( so he spawned a new one ).

Libra? who's bright idea was that. How about one of libra/taurus/pisces? "Ergo has stored the activation code at these coordinates, you must kill the guardian first".

That GM that spawned another ergo for you did it on RK1, right?
    An hour ago there were 2 Ergos, but I couldn't tell which one to talk to.
    Right now there is no ergo at all.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Update: seen 2 more gaurdians and now I'm going to sleep -- 1 dropped but I lost the roll -- you have to be teamed or you have no chance at OD'ing -- other one popped when servers came back up after short crash. No loot :/

16 hours... I'm done, you can have your damned nanocrystal.
    Zedar2 220/22 Nano-Technician, card carrying member of the Vocal Minority.
    Proud General of 3305 Local Now recruiting!
    Proud Leader of the Knights of 3305 in V:SOH (Also recruiting!)

----------------
    *** www.3305local.com ***

Finally managed to get the item needed from the Smoldering Shadows. Next stage of the quest, kill some feral vortexoids, went without problems. The stage after that however...

"Get hold of an Ember Chimera Tooth, and make sure it's a whole one."

I've killed about a dozen ember chimeras so far while camping smoldering shadow, and have yet to find a complete tooth. Not only that but the spawn rate on ember chimers seems just as poor as the smoldering shadows!
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

I had similar problems Oppopji. Killed 35+ before I got a drop. Futhermore I believe there's limited number of Chimeras that spawn at those places. Whether they are Ember, Fiery Chimeras or Chimera Crawler, it doesn't seem to matter.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I posted that about an hour after I started camping, and I've been camping non-stop... it's now 4 hours since that post, so that's 5 hours in total that I've spent camping Ember Chimeras. They spawn very rarely, and so far the item needed for the quest is yet to drop (killed about a dozen so far).

I've even been killing the other chimeras in case they share spawns, as Trgeorge suggested, and I've had no competition from other players for the whole duration that I've been there

I really hope this isn't "working as intended" and gets fixed soon
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Are Fight the Right/Take on the left quests working correctly? I noticed that killing Anansi Left Hand updates one quest (go back to Yutto, new symbiant reward). But when you kill Anansi Right Hand, you just get "mission update" and one less mission icon (both mobs are listed in that return to Yutto). So judging simply by mission info, you get same reward by killing only one mob as you get by killing both.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Are Fight the Right/Take on the left quests working correctly? I noticed that killing Anansi Left Hand updates one quest (go back to Yutto, new symbiant reward). But when you kill Anansi Right Hand, you just get "mission update" and one less mission icon (both mobs are listed in that return to Yutto). So judging simply by mission info, you get same reward by killing only one mob as you get by killing both.
    You should get the return mission when you complete the first of the two kill missions (either of them). But the return mission cannot be completed till both kill missions are done.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Libra? who's bright idea was that. How about one of libra/taurus/pisces? "Ergo has stored the activation code at these coordinates, you must kill the guardian first".
    That would at least make some sense. Waiting for Libra to spawn instead of Taurus/Pisces on Rk2 has not been a fun task for people here.
    ಠ_ಠ

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast