Thread: Found this lost Gladiator bot.....

Found this lost Gladiator bot.....

in my game. Can someone identify it? I'd like to send it back to it's owner in AO.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...adiatorBot.jpg

Nice! Dreamfall was a nice game. Never noticed the little bot there was from AO. Wonder what else one'd find if paying close attention
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

There's actually a bunch of parts there from AO, the stuff in the boxes too.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

This is what happens to AO froobs these days.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ9zEnPLfA4

Edit: For those that didn't recognize the sound. Elk bugle = Rollerrat in AO
    Last edited by Fuglskremsel; Dec 6th, 2009 at 16:43:47.

Yeah, I noticed that when I played through the game. Although the original The Longest Journey had a whole lot more names (and even armor) shared with Anarchy Online. But since TLJ predates AO, I guess AO is referencing TLJ there.
    O HAI GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

tru story

I noticed the bot from AO in Dreamfall a while ago. And yeah there were a few common names, forgot which ones though
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

In The Longest Journey (not Dreamfall), there's, for starters, Omni-Tek (and Omni-Tek guards in Omni-Pol armor), the Morningstar station and a few organizations with same names as CERTAIN legacy Clans.

tru story

Quote Originally Posted by Sw0rdbreaker View Post
    In The Longest Journey (not Dreamfall), there's, for starters, Omni-Tek (and Omni-Tek guards in Omni-Pol armor), the Morningstar station and a few organizations with same names as CERTAIN legacy Clans.
    So do The Longest Journey and Dreamfall actually tie into the AO universe, or they just though it'd be cool, I wonder?

Possibly the same universe, but separated enough to not influence each other.
    Because Race Yalm

Funcom employee

I think it's pretty much just a nod and a wink. Any AO references popping up elsewhere can probably be explained away by a space/time nano going horribly awry.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    So do The Longest Journey and Dreamfall actually tie into the AO universe, or they just though it'd be cool, I wonder?
    Actually, with The Longest Journey (not Dreamfall) it's the other way around. AO came out a couple of years after TLJ, which means that a whole lotta stuff from AO are actually references to TLJ! Even Omni-Tek's and a couple of legacy Clan's names themselves!

DUN DUN DUNN!

tru story

Both stories were made by the same guy, same for TSW.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Both stories were made by the same guy, same for TSW.
    Yes indeed, not really news, but how often do you see the exact same names reused in different story lines in such a way? It's really nice little something for the fans of both franchises.

I wonder what kind of TLJy or AOy stuff we'll end up finding in TSW.

tru story

Well I think the HUGE boss that they demoed yesterday was named "The Beast" I'm not 100% sure though.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Dreamfall sucked tbh, TLJ i would take with me to a desert island though.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Dreamfall sucked
    NO IT DIDN'T

The story kept it going I SEZ!

tru story