Thread: Clarification needed about the absorb change

Clarification needed about the absorb change

I think this information should not be lost in the absorb feedback thread, as this is simply for information, I leave the nerf shouts to the other thread. And I apologize if this was already asked.

It is my understanding (or so it was explained to me) that the order of things before the change was:
    Hit > 40% cap > -reflects > -absorbs = damage taken

If one wants to implement absrob before the cap, the order to do this is supposedly:

Hit > absorb > 40% cap > -reflects = damage taken

But wouldn't this mean that the amount absorbed now bypasses reflect as well?

Example:
    You have 10K HP, 10K cocoon, 40% reflect. you are hit 4K (below cap).

Before change: 4K -> 2.4K (reflect) -> absorbed, remaining 7.6k
    After change: 4K -> absorb, remaining 6k

Is this correct? If this is so, surely you didn't mean to change absorbs for hits that are BELOW the 40% cap?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Please keep the comment on this change to the one thread, as I said already don't worry we are reading the thread so no questions, opinions or comments will be missed.

I will see how much of the specific mechanics we can explain in that much detail, while we don't give away all details of the inner attack mechanics maybe I can see if we can get that answered in a little more detail.

I am sure people will start to find out for themselves as soon as the update gets to test live.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer