Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about the "fixers getting FA in their SMG buff nano"

PM Famine that same information you just posted here.

Personally, I really hope they give you guys some Bow love, but I can't see any comparison between MPs having a tough time equipping their bow and fixers having a hard time equipping their SMG.

I can reach 2500 smg and 1800 burst SELF BUFFED.

That means that, other than the full auto requirement, I could SELF a 2201/1651 gun WITHOUT AI ARMOR (though it would require a bigburger or two).

The new FA requirement will still require a full set of supple for us to equip, because the requirement was designed for soldiers, who until 17.1 have 626 more full auto than we do. After 17.1, they'll still have 491 more FA skill than we do. How many soldiers have you seen complain about the difficulty of obtaining 2375 skill to cap the shark? Well, after this patch, we'll need exactly the same items just to equip our gun. (2375-491=1884, the new FA req is 1891)

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    And you want to equip endgame pvp weapon wearing carbonum?
    It's not realy that big a problem (actualy, it is, but, OK...) to equip it (once it's down to 2,1k ish reqs), it's more a problem to keep it non OE, once equipped.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by toewiggler View Post
    - Frenzy of Shells now also adds to Full Auto

I was wondering, since fixers are to get full auto in their SMG buff line of nanos, can't soldiers get SMG buff in their full auto line of nanos also?

Wouldn't have to be much, just like maybe 40-50 at soldier clip junkie level, that would be fun.
    or just slap a "SMG Mastery" nano for solds, as we are supposed to be the master of ranged weapons(or whatever the description gives for creating a toon), but always wonder why solds never got a +50 or so smg buff

To clarify, i'm not complaining, just curious. got a buff for pistol/rifle/ranged energy/shotgun/heavy weap/assualt rifle, but no smg

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    or just slap a "SMG Mastery" nano for solds, as we are supposed to be the master of ranged weapons(or whatever the description gives for creating a toon), but always wonder why solds never got a +50 or so smg buff

To clarify, i'm not complaining, just curious. got a buff for pistol/rifle/ranged energy/shotgun/heavy weap/assualt rifle, but no smg
    /boggle

Once again...fixers can get 2500+ smg and 1850+ burst self buffed. This means that with top symbs, we could self equip a 2200/1650 required SMG without any armor.

This makes the fact that we could not equip the top SMG ridiculous.

Personally, I was working towards an item with a no-combat flag on it, that added enough FA to get the thing on but wouldn't be functional to use for any other reason. If FC chose to fix the problem in a different manner, that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaks View Post
    Well was more curious as to it having its own line instead of total focus. Although i dont mind not having it(cause i'm an AR Sold), it was in the back of my mind from time to time.

Sorry if i derailed the thread in anyway.

yay, mebbe advs also get fa buff, yay, yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breaks View Post
    PM Famine that same information you just posted here.
    This info is straight from the MP forums. And its not the first thread about this.
    egadsrk2 made 3 or 4 threads with number crunching, plus he started a survey thread both in the MP and the MA forum regarding bow usage, the use of the ranger perkline etc. It's all there, it just isn't read.

It seems a lot of people fear omg, MPs are going to equip a ql300 weapon, they will have their pet and the same weapon as me, how unfair. This is absolutely not the case. We may have the same weapon equipped, but our AR gets nerfed the most after 1k. Anyway, we are not even remotely close to having the AR of a dedicated weapon profession, if we get up to 2k, it's an achievement...

Nor will we be able to cap the specials, except maybe flingshot. My 220 MP with maxed burst and full CSS still has a burst recharge of more than 20 secs.

And note that, while this may increase our offensive performance a bit by not having to swap a weapon for PvP/PvM, this still doesn't make a us viable in PvP at all, see the reasons above, no defense. For now, I will just stick to my pistols, it is just not enough to convince me Bow is on par, not to mention the huge hassle of actually equipping one.

And the info Fixers used were all over the fixer forum and the LE forum too, never hurts to PM him about it. Seems to be what worked for us at least.

Maybe we all should report MP threads as Spam/Inapprociate. That way they have to look at it.
    It's unfortunate that the bow is equipable with all best gear or i think FC would check it out like SMG.
    Still, defense is what the MP needs the most for pvp.

And no other profession has the right to complain about the FA buff for fixer. I will support any solja to get a AR better then pere, but comparing the FA that only enables top geared fixers to equip the ql 300 gun to getting 60 more SMG for the heck of twinking your stuff on earlier...
    Or asking for a upgraded one handed SMG or pistol like in another thread...

One is asking for "i want to be abe to equip the gun intended for me" and the one is "Gimme moar!, I wnat od all eazy".
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

PM'ing Silirrion about the shark worked for soldiers too, as the new thread that was started with discussion of the numbers, misconceptions, comparations and all the rest. I'd suggest MP's and whoever else need some attention from FC to statr fresh posts, drama free as much as posible, and focus all your numbers, ideas and suggestons there, it haven't worked so far, but i hadn't worked for years for soldiers either, nor for those asking for ways of balancing out professiosn, and right now we all have seen a lot of our sugestions and claims being looked at, and in several cases implemented or at least trying to be implemented. Fixers are becoming able to use the top SMG, soldiers should be getting a well deserver good AR, tokens for VP's, attempts at balance things out for PvP a bit. If we stop trying we can't expect any change, so gather all the information and ideas into one clean thread and lets try to get FC attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnag View Post
    PM'ing Silirrion about the shark worked for soldiers too, as the new thread that was started with discussion of the numbers, misconceptions, comparations and all the rest. I'd suggest MP's and whoever else need some attention from FC to statr fresh posts, drama free as much as posible, and focus all your numbers, ideas and suggestons there, it haven't worked so far, but i hadn't worked for years for soldiers either, nor for those asking for ways of balancing out professiosn, and right now we all have seen a lot of our sugestions and claims being looked at, and in several cases implemented or at least trying to be implemented.
    yeah, was a bit suprised by that, but never the less it worked. So give it a try, those who need love with weapons, PM Sil or Famine asking them to send your suggestions to devs. i have to admit I was a bit skeptical about it when i started the thread, but it got the shark fixed(even tho it took two times), so give it a try

fixer fa

So now the fixers are geting even more FA to help them get on the ql 300 gun.
    Until now fa have been limited to sols and thats were i feel it belongs.
    The new fixer alpha against low/med-evade prof. is gonna be very very nasty

and...

"Increases the fixer's Submachine Gun skill by 141 points and the Burst skill by 90 points. It also increases the Multi-Ranged skill by 38 points, damage output by 8 points, ranged weapon initiative by 40 points and all evasion skills by 10 points."

and now its gonna add to FA to? dam..
    thats a pritty nerfed nano, i suggest they add a 50 point reflect to it, and why not some AS while they are at it.

I thought funcom employes only had advys, but iam now see there is atleast one of them playing a fixer to.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by irmo View Post
    So now the fixers are geting even more FA to help them get on the ql 300 gun.
    Yah, the class based around using SMGs being able to equip the ql300 gun at 220 in full combined is totally overpowered, and it not like the ql250 40% capped most people in pvp already, nerf fixers!!!
    Until now fa have been limited to sols and thats were i feel it belongs.
    Except for adventurers.
    The new fixer alpha against low/med-evade prof. is gonna be very very nasty
    Seems to me like hawk and onehander are both equippable by soldiers if they think it's such an uber combo? Or maybe fc stuck some hidden prof reqs on there!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Jealousy
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by irmo View Post
    "Increases the fixer's Submachine Gun skill by 141 points and the Burst skill by 90 points. It also increases the Multi-Ranged skill by 38 points, damage output by 8 points, ranged weapon initiative by 40 points and all evasion skills by 10 points."

and now its gonna add to FA to? dam..
    thats a pritty nerfed nano, i suggest they add a 50 point reflect to it, and why not some AS while they are at it.
    Bump for this
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Quote Originally Posted by Alreadythere View Post
    Bump for this
    And maybe a perpetual green glow at our feet the same way the keeper aura line now glows orange.

And a pulsing snare/root removal aura.

and a 10k dmg shield pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by boinkboink View Post
    and a 10k dmg shield pretty please
    with +100 heal delta

Could you please, please, please, share a bit of the love and make FC include FA in the total focus nano?

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnag View Post
    Could you please, please, please, share a bit of the love and make FC include FA in the total focus nano?
    Pre-17.1, soldiers had 626 more full auto than fixers at 220 in every +FA item in the game.

Post-17.1, soldiers will have 491 more full auto than fixers at 220 in every +FA item in the game.

I'm not saying that's particularly a problem. Fixers will now be the profession with the second highest Full Auto. But soldiers have plenty.

The problem soldiers have with the shark is its refresh, which is MUCH FASTER than the hawk's. The problem fixers had with the hawk was that IT WASN'T POSSIBLE TO EQUIP.

Those are two pretty disparate things, and require two pretty different fixes. FC currently can't, due to a limitation in their system, lower the requirements more than they plan to for the hawk, so they are effectively doing so by giving us an extra +145 Full Auto at 220. This +145 will lower our refresh time by at most 5 seconds, down to 75 seconds in every +FA item in game, or 80-90 seconds for the average-geared fixer.
    Last edited by Breaks; Jan 31st, 2007 at 00:07:22.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast