Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stats on new Silverback

Stats on new Silverback

With all the threads about the Silverback, I made a new one so people can see its current stats on test server.
    Also I didn't make this thread so you can complain about how much higher damage it has than some other weapons, so please don't do that

Notice the min and max damage is a bit lower than on Mk 5, and its .1/.1 slower.

These stats are from test server and probably shouldn't be considered final until 17.1 is released.

Ofab Silverback Mk 6
    NODROP
    Quality level: 300
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    Must have expansionset: Lost Eden
    Trader
    Shotgun from 2201
    Fling Shot from 1101
    Aimed Shot from 1101

Ammo type: Shotgun Shells
    Damage: 230-550(600)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.50s
    Recharge 1.50s
    Equip delay: 6.00s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 25m
    Special: FlingShot Snipe
    Max beneficial skill: 2600
    Attack skills: Shotgun 100%
    Defence skills: Duck-Exp 100%
    Damage type: Chemical AC
    Ofab Silverback Mk 5
    NODROP
    Quality level: 300
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    Shotgun from 2201
    Fling Shot from 1101

Damage: 240-600(600)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.40s
    Recharge 1.40s
    Special: FlingShot
    Max beneficial skill: 2600
    Ofab Silverback Mk 5
    NODROP
    Quality level: 250
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    Shotgun from 1835
    Fling Shot from 918

Damage: 201-505(505)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.40s
    Recharge 1.40s
    Special: FlingShot
    Max beneficial skill: 2169
    Whitelighter - 220/21 Doctor
    Bigblitz - 200/9 Fixer

General of Circle G

uhm... not sure, but are you allowed to post test content that open on the boards?
    Do you see the horizon?
    Immediately above the ground the skies seem to begin...
    and if I were there I'd bet I could reach the sky...
    but here it appears I am too small

Researcher of AO-Universe

yup, it's hardly a secret since anyone can go onto test and check for themselves

Mk5's looking like it still has the potential to be a good option for PvM for support profs.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Why does MK5 have a higher max damage than MK6, I wonder. A little odd...
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    Why does MK5 have a higher max damage than MK6, I wonder. A little odd...
    It's probably to justify that the Mk6 is trader only, and has AS on it.
    Whitelighter - 220/21 Doctor
    Bigblitz - 200/9 Fixer

General of Circle G

an agent will cap AS on a razorback every time , and taht has 550 max damage like the silverback and has less crit bonus

I think 400-450 max damage is fairer
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by KingDuck View Post
    an agent will cap AS on a razorback every time , and taht has 550 max damage like the silverback and has less crit bonus

I think 400-450 max damage is fairer
    Yes! Of course!
    I mean yeah because Agents and Traders are EXACTLY the same!
    And of course this gun ONLY shoots aimed shots!
    It's horrible how a capped shot is not equal damage from different guns!
    You wouldn't want a profession with a lower template and without crit nanos doing large normal shots or crits with it when and if it ever crits in pvp!!
    [/scarcasm]
    Let those who are banned from the forums back on. CZ was not exactly just in his banning!!

Hmm, what does this do...
    What Wap said. Agents have 1) x3 the AR to added damage ratio of a trader above 1k (when you have 2.6k AR that is really really noticeable), 2) vastly superior critbuffs and 3) vastly superior damage buffing. So a comparison of weapon stats doesn't tell you anything.

Except that I think they should have made the AS version a separate upgrade from the Silverback line itself, I have no complaints with the stats.
    In stage 1 we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

This is bull really.

If you're gonna do this to one, might aswell do to the rest.

Make viper shade only, mongoose adv, blah blah

Die FC
    Eluisa, 220 Doctor of Dewm!
    Cherries, 220 Shade of Bewbs!
    Lidan 190 Martial Artist of Nano!
    Mefesto, 183 Enforcer of Flab!
    Catti, 163 Crat of Hecknoob!

General of Paradise

The skill system is one of the things that sets AO apart from other MMPORPG's. Ever since Shadowlands though, and maybe even as early as Notum Wars, Funcom started adding profession locks and even level locks on certain items. Diversity is a good thing, and changes like this take away from diversity.

Ironically, this change was made in the name of preserving diversity.

Funcom, please don't let whining players cloud your judgement. It does the game more harm than good when you listen to them. We've got six years of experience to teach us that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwop View Post
    Funcom, please don't let whining players cloud your judgement.
    That has my full support Keep up the good work of your recent shows of good judgement FC, thumbs up.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Funcom, please don't let whining players cloud your judgement. It does the game more harm than good when you listen to them. We've got six years of experience to teach us that.
    Kinda funny yet sad
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

The skill system is one of the things that sets AO apart from other MMPORPG's. Ever since Shadowlands though, and maybe even as early as Notum Wars, Funcom started adding profession locks and even level locks on certain items. Diversity is a good thing, and changes like this take away from diversity.
    and ironically if this wasnt trader locked every tl7 engie,doc,trader,crat would use it since it will be the best pvp wepon without a doubt how is that diversity?

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    and ironically if this wasnt trader locked every tl7 engie,doc,trader,crat would use it since it will be the best pvp wepon without a doubt how is that diversity?
    who are you? what do you know about support proffesions?
    At least I have one, and I can say from working stuff out, and chatting with fellow engineers...is that no, not every crat/meta/trader/engie will use this....various reasons
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    At least I have one, and I can say from working stuff out, and chatting with fellow engineers...is that no, not every crat/meta/trader/engie will use this....various reasons
    Well tbh pretty much every crat that pvps would use it(for pvp/pvm reasons). Same goes for traders and Docs. Hmm engies got the RE3 that is pretty good for them so perhaps on them, and that leaves Metas.. well they did get a nice AS bow that they might like.
    so who are you that knows what all support professions know? + Crats are Extermination not support
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

I love hearing the schrill cry of traders saying "omg we neeeeed this" Do any of you legitimately believe traders lacked the ability to aimed shot and that is why ever prof cept maybe MP can beat them easily? Its funny it never occured to FC to put in new skill drains since a 220 trader has to use the same ones a 60 twink with mochams can use.

WTB shotgun Trader/Engineer/Soldier only and wtb new skill drains with lower NR checks for 210+ traders.
    Executive and Spiritual leader of the Role playing juggernaut that is Dark Front.

How to kill an agent in under 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    It'll be awesome like second life where you see 12foot tall penises walking around and furries will have a strong foothold in Omni Ent

Poor docs, not included in Skanks plans. Get him, docs

Hmm, as a fellow engineer I can say that there are 2 reasons to not use it:
    1. You're pvm/tradeskill engi.
    2. You didn't managed to equip it before 17.1 (various reasons)
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

first off your not tl7 how can you understand how it works if you dont think every single support prof(other then mp who ahs thier own toy) will use this then your missguided

i didnt say mp i said doc and yes every single one that pvped hardcore would use it the ql200 silverback does 157 - 394 (394) at 1.4/1.4(230-575 (575) at 300)that smokes any other as wepon out of the water and its easily capable at tl7

lets look at all the other tl7 options

sapph bow 2-318 (382) 1.98/.148
    ithaca 4-211(717) 1/1.5
    ec3 (ql300) 300-325(300)1.5/1.5
    zastaba 1-255(300) 1.2/1.2
    arbelest 30-330(300) 1.3/1.3
    onehander 1-121(584) 1./1.12

now look at cater
    1-410(280) 2.9/1.1 the dmg is only 16 points more then the silverback at ql200 and it crits for much less

still think its amazing???

Found this little gem while looking up a few of the weapons in the above post:

http://aomainframe.net/showitem.aspx?AOID=162902

That's right, an Adventurer-only shotgun. Never knew that existed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast