Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Support proffesions pvp in Lost Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Yuz, both you and me need some hawt looking new weapons, for some tag-team action ^^
    yupps
    crats need snares/roots that actually lands on more than your ordinary gimp soldier and other gimp NR proff. Even hhab makes it harder due to crats not having the uber nanoskills and hhab adds lots.
    Spatial sux for us professions that rely on keeping our opponents at range.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Symbiants mean nothing, engineer is Control with no control, Trader is Artillery... AR nerf is what defines support proffesion.
    I always though engis controled pets. Control symbiants are for pet classes. (Yes, traders can have pets but they got to "trade" too much for it)

Engis so need artillery symbiants. Playing around with implants gets boring after some time

If mechs were the answer, they wouldnt do obvious nerfs to "ground pvp". With reflects and tms becoming obsolete now when new NT nukes are around, with everyone getting more AR but no one getting equal amount of evades, with cocoon nerf to come, its obvious they are up to something. Something not mech-related.
    One problem with this is that these buffs in no way become obsolete due to a few NTs running around. Even if every player on the server played NT reflects wouldn't be obsolete. So stop whining about this and start getting a grip on reality.

Other than that, doctors are now neophytes and up all over because they have great survivability and can dish out ok damage. The problem is mainly MPs and traders that are still suffering. And in battlestation pvp it's not even that bad. The battlestations and the lack of buffs work as a pretty big equalizer and I've seen advs go down to MPs more than once...

It's overall not really as bad as people make it out to be. Come to BS, kill and die with a smile.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

you mean the MP too out the advy as he was putting up a turret or something? or he was half health with no nano to heal and dof down, regrowth and caccoon in recharge running from the 13 people that couldnt take him down while he capped the core? i think not

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I've seen advs go down to MPs more than once...

you see strange things indeed
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by viandante View Post
    I always though engis controled pets. Control symbiants are for pet classes. (Yes, traders can have pets but they got to "trade" too much for it)
    Its always thought its Control as in Crowd Control - well guess what - engineers dont really have any despite semi-useful blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    you mean the MP too out the advy as he was putting up a turret or something? or he was half health with no nano to heal and dof down, regrowth and caccoon in recharge running from the 13 people that couldnt take him down while he capped the core? i think not
    No, the 220 MP that did an adv in by using his stuff right. Like I said so many times before, and indeed in that post above, MPs need <3, but go ahead and denigrate every accomplishment that the players who play it make. Battlestations are a much better equalizer than mechs ever were.
    And stop thinking about 1v1 only.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by gridicool View Post

you see strange things indeed
    And you obviously don't even play the game, or are you not out of TOTV yet
    The Red Brotherhood

One problem with this is that these buffs in no way become obsolete due to a few NTs running around. Even if every player on the server played NT reflects wouldn't be obsolete. So stop whining about this and start getting a grip on reality.

Other than that, doctors are now neophytes and up all over because they have great survivability and can dish out ok damage. The problem is mainly MPs and traders that are still suffering. And in battlestation pvp it's not even that bad. The battlestations and the lack of buffs work as a pretty big equalizer and I've seen advs go down to MPs more than once...

It's overall not really as bad as people make it out to be. Come to BS, kill and die with a smile.
    1. cut the "go fight bravely and die" crap, because i'm on BS everyday and i have yet to meet you there 2. Words "quit whining" dont really sound right in your mouth 3. this thread isnt about NTs there are plenty of other threads i we can spam with "nerfed triple".

its funny how a thread asking the question about support professions role in pvp ands up in my support prof is far worse off than your support prof. spam.

we all (support professions) agree on that we could use lub for pvp (some more than others) not to bring us to par with infantry (i just use infantry as description for those prof that are able to dd heal evade etc etc) but to make us competetative and make us feel usefull in various pvp situations and not just go "oh theres and infantry unit i might aswell switch to my buffing hotbar cause thats what im gonna use next "....

i for one think fc has a clearly thought out role for support prof in pvp and its exactly as it is now and nothings gonna change about that (hasnt the last 5 years so why now ?)...

ohoh boss coming gotta continue another time
    Nomore "Solinja" Insurance 220 Dictator Ma Shizzle

Its always thought its Control as in Crowd Control - well guess what - engineers dont really have any despite semi-useful blinds.
    i dunno.. i guess that means exterminate symbs is for exterminating people? or maybe they mean the wearer cause exterm symb suck the big one.

honestly i'd love to see profession restrictionsn removed from symbiants..
    that way you could pick and match which ones best suit you rather then be forced into symb vs implant situations.

also even if for example my mp had full infantry symbiants i still would'nt beable to match a weapon profession.. and would'nt really raise my AR much cause i already have implants for my weapons

it would however make it easier on me and give me supporting skills like weapon specials and inits which are very hard to come by for mp

No, the 220 MP that did an adv in by using his stuff right. Like I said so many times before, and indeed in that post above, MPs need <3, but go ahead and denigrate every accomplishment that the players who play it make. Battlestations are a much better equalizer than mechs ever were.
    And stop thinking about 1v1 only.
    what was their name? i'd love to talk to them.. maybe the profession is so hard to play that all but a select few are actually playing it right and the other 99% of us are total gimp noobs..

and we can't help but think 1v1.. every profession should have a "gotcha" ability.. ours woudl be NSD only thats not very effective on some professions that dont need incombat nanos.. or if we can't survive or hurt them long enough to make them need it.. not to mention it's seriously screwed tl6 and totaly broken tl7

1v1? so i should only focus on team pvp where i can (if im lucky) hide behind advy's, ma's, keepers, sol's, and enf's?
    last i checked taunts dont work on players, they always go for the weakest link.. which is mp.. unless doc is in the group in which case they'll go for them first to remove the life line.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Other than that, doctors are now neophytes and up all over because they have great survivability and can dish out ok damage
    I fail to see how titles work as an argument. Everyone can farm a title and with the increased amount of people PvPing now, higher titles come as a natural result, seeing the pyramid system of PvP points now has a broader foundation. So really, Neophyte now might be comparable to Apprentice pre-LE, just look at all the experienced/experts running around now, pre-LE that was a rather rare sight.

I don't see AS every 11 seconds as "ok" dmg either tbh, and if you means DoTs, erh, well that's way below "ok" dmg if you are not directly farming dmg on people to get points instead of healing your surroundings and actually play the role you do best...
    Last edited by Avari; Feb 3rd, 2007 at 10:50:04.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Solinja View Post
    its funny how a thread asking the question about support professions role in pvp ands up in my support prof is far worse off than your support prof. spam.

we all (support professions) agree on that we could use lub for pvp (some more than others) not to bring us to par with infantry (i just use infantry as description for those prof that are able to dd heal evade etc etc) but to make us competetative and make us feel usefull in various pvp situations and not just go "oh theres and infantry unit i might aswell switch to my buffing hotbar cause thats what im gonna use next "....

i for one think fc has a clearly thought out role for support prof in pvp and its exactly as it is now and nothings gonna change about that (hasnt the last 5 years so why now ?)...

ohoh boss coming gotta continue another time
    well, MP needs a NSD that lands 100%, Trader need 2k drain that lands 100%, Crat needs a root/AoE root that lands 100% then we can play our support role
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    well, MP needs a NSD that lands 100%, Trader need 2k drain that lands 100%, Crat needs a root/AoE root that lands 100% then we can play our support role
    100% might be a tad too much isnt it but yeah we sure need improvements.
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman View Post
    100% might be a tad too much isnt it but yeah we sure need improvements.
    why is that, we have no AS/Dimach/Sneak template, would only seem fair
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Would that advie happen to be wilsonat?
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    i dunno.. i guess that means exterminate symbs is for exterminating people? or maybe they mean the wearer cause exterm symb suck the big one.

honestly i'd love to see profession restrictionsn removed from symbiants..
    that way you could pick and match which ones best suit you rather then be forced into symb vs implant situations.

also even if for example my mp had full infantry symbiants i still would'nt beable to match a weapon profession.. and would'nt really raise my AR much cause i already have implants for my weapons

it would however make it easier on me and give me supporting skills like weapon specials and inits which are very hard to come by for mp
    I agree that unclocking at least some symbiant lines would be a lot of help, we would still be far far behind every typical weapon proffesion, but it would be a blessing to finally design characters the way we want to play them, to use weapons of our choice instead of cookie cutter options... engineers have been asking for Artillery symbiants for quite a while, i bet crats would love them too, and MPs and Docs would propably need both Artillery and Infantry...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    why is that, we have no AS/Dimach/Sneak template, would only seem fair
    I think that a snare/root that would land on everybody 100% would cause a whole lot of nerfcries but yeah. It sure would help crats and traders though.
    Better landingrates sure would be a blessing though cause Spatial is a total nerf on crats/traders/fixers/agents and we need every help we can get.
    Uncalming Carlos is nessecary since in BS they cant be.

more ideas for Crats?
    Traders?
    MPs?
    Docs?

no stupid namecalling and omg we are more nerfed than you are.
    post your ideas instead..
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman View Post
    I think that a snare/root that would land on everybody 100% would cause a whole lot of nerfcries but yeah. It sure would help crats and traders though.
    And only crats and trader matter?
    Making a prof more powerful via making a decent ok proffesion nerfed?
    100% roots is just kinda stupid, might as well remove the NR check on NT nukes as well?
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast