Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Support proffesions pvp in Lost Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by Zx9256 View Post
    But if doctors get better damage, must they not also get nerfed heals (at least on self)? If not, the profs good with weapons must get (better) heals when doctors get better weapons (or better ability to use existing weapons).
    As a doctor do you know what I'd like the most? That my tool set got tweaked alongside the toolset of weapons professions, but guess what, there are no new team heals since AO launch, and there are no new single heals since SL (not that we need it), and there are no extension to the rest of our toolset (besides a few DoTs) since AO launch either. When was the last time weapons were implemented, evades got buffed through research, or new and shiny armor was added to buff these further? Oh hey, that was only two months ago, and already the outline of patch 17.2 is *gosh* new weapons...

Do you guys reading this thread from a weapons professions perspective have any grasp of how this makes you feel when you log in? Nope, I think not...

SL/AI/LE - every single expansion saw an extention of AR and defense to everyone but the support professions. Sure we got maybe a single weapon there, and piece of armor here, and an improved nano there - but hey let's take a look at a fixer/soldier today, how is the setup looking. Full AI armor, nice and sleek, looking good, weapons from AI and LE, except SPB you say, but uh no, that one got improved in a patch not long ago didn't it? How does my doctor look? Well compared to a fixer for example, it looks like crap - GPH, Tier 3 pads, Jathos chest/pants, OFAB sleeves, Leo boots, and whatever gloves I find funny to wear - my weapon? Well I ran around with Ithaca up until now *gasp* RK weapon with minimum dmg 1. A myriad of different armors, not fitting together. I have to shop around different armor sets that suit my setup while on my soldier I can smack on a set of CC and an SMG/jpgpp and I pwn by default.

Yes this is a rant, yes this is probably just bable and there'll be ten people to contradict it and tell me how wrong we are and that we got plenty of content for support professions over time... yea right...

Edit: Yes MPs and Traders are getting a little love in 17.2, but let's not throw our hands in the air singing praises before we see what it is they are implementing. I'd like to see a stun that shuts down evades, tell me please how you are gonna be evading shizzle if you are stunned? But if it follows the usual pattern then traders will get another debuff that they don't want because they already have to cast a ton of debuffs, and MPs will get maybe a new 2HB buff line...
    Last edited by Avari; Feb 8th, 2007 at 00:28:25.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

big bump for joo.. you hit the nail on the head..

the game revolves around weapons, evades..
    every one cries about doc's should'nt use weapons at all (they like their heal pets defensless and unable to solo)

and mp's are'nt soldiers we keep hearing yet the pets are'nt being improved they can not keep up dmg wise to others.. hell we od our own pets.. that should tel you something..

so we are forced to use weapons in order to compete.. the problem is our weapon skills are a joke compared to tank/dd professions because we can't get the same weapons they can and we also can't hit them because most of them also have high resistance to weapons dmg (IE: absorbs/hp, or very high evades)

yet our pets (all pets not just mp) have pathetic NR so they are root/snare/blind/mezzed/ or worse of all charmed into submition with little effort

so then you would think support and nano professions rule over weapon professions with their nanos right? look at the NR hhab add's.. everyone can/does use it..

so you would think ok this cuts both ways.. nano professions can use hhab to and avoid nanos from weapons professions.. only most do not have hostile nanos.. and even if they do it's usually either have low NR check to make up for thier (now days not much) lower nano skills, or more likely the hostile nano is'nt a big deal..

i'd ask for my 500pt aad ring.. but then it would just make a lot of the professions even that much stronger over us.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

what i've noticed from my weekish back ingame:

BS.. almost pure death for docs. example: have 12k+ HP, and get AS'd for 3k. dead/in decontam. before i can heal. there was no NT. there was no perk-dmg-notification. just AS'd once for 3k. bam. sploit? error with FC server reporting dmg? who knows. i frapped a few deaths from 2 seperate agents. man it's funny seeing that agent 'AS' above their head then being dead.

another thing i've notice: 50% of other Docs ingame now, are pure powerlevelled toons... levelled by 'offensive mains'. noobs. just because you can hit 220/slap on some symbs and an ith after 2 weeks of doc-play, doesn't make you a doc.

all the people saying 'docs are overpowered/shouldn't receive lub because of heals'.. have never pvp'd as a doc toon before, at any level (Besides level 2-120ish, that's when we 'shine').

it's at a point, high level wise, where we are insta-killed due to non-balanced AR->DEF checks. look at the 'new perks/research' with LE. docs got gayed. (sure sure, those +to shotgun/RE/Pistol do help in twinking on that .. wait. what? oh right, same weapons we've been using for 2-3 years LOLZ. minus the OFAB Silverback mk6 thingamahjig. lets not go there k thanks. huge discussion in Doc Prof Forums.)

all support (and specifically DOCS) are saying, is that the strong get stronger, and we're kinda sitting around with our outdated toolset. docs, chain-healing waiting for the "New And Improved" stun-perk-AS-/disco combo to alpha/beta us.

almost every other profession gets 3-5 'choice' weapons for pvp.. docs, for endgame pvp, it's one. (2 if you consider the again-not-to-be-mentioned-ofabsilverbackmk6thingamhajig).

it's at a point where to function in a pvp situation, we -have- to insta-adapt to the cookie cutter mentality. like really, look around the server you're on nowadays. just look.'

/ramble off
    (i should quit smokin' teh erb)
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Support professions main problem is that they can't hit evade profs. I'd really like a system where you could get an AR benefit from a nano/perk/item, which has a few negative side effects.

Fi:
    - you loose a lot of initiative so you get really slow at hitting, but at least can hit with your regular weapon

This nano can be friendly with long duration or maybe hostile with short duration: in the case of a short duration hostile nano, FC could add some sort of snare or root to it. It could be some sort of concentration nano, which would explain why you can't move.

The boost in AR would only enable us to hit and wouldn't give us crazy damage as AR multiplier is nerfed a lot over 1000. For me the AR boost combined with a significant init debuff is the best. Also some hardcap should be added as to prevent weapon init twinks that would still hit 1/1.

And the nano/perk/item should be named after me off course: nano crystal(" zirkonium's concentration") sounds good.

It seems the supposed coon nerf will now nerf reflects (including rrfe) as well.

So welcome back 3 hit kills for all support profs except docs!

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonium View Post
    Support professions main problem is that they can't hit evade profs. I'd really like a system where you could get an AR benefit from a nano/perk/item, which has a few negative side effects.

Fi:
    - you loose a lot of initiative so you get really slow at hitting, but at least can hit with your regular weapon

This nano can be friendly with long duration or maybe hostile with short duration: in the case of a short duration hostile nano, FC could add some sort of snare or root to it. It could be some sort of concentration nano, which would explain why you can't move.

The boost in AR would only enable us to hit and wouldn't give us crazy damage as AR multiplier is nerfed a lot over 1000. For me the AR boost combined with a significant init debuff is the best. Also some hardcap should be added as to prevent weapon init twinks that would still hit 1/1.

And the nano/perk/item should be named after me off course: nano crystal(" zirkonium's concentration") sounds good.

Yep sounds like a plan .. lets say 1k AR after casting a nano for supp proff for the cost of 2 mins NSD ... sounds awesone to me ..

bump Grafter and Avari.
    Docs gain nothing since a huge while.
    Not to mention the frustration in the BS to be always taken for a rabbit 99% of the time...
    Hopefully we can live longer in 1 vs 1 but it never last long before we see the reclaim again because of 1 shade/enfo/keeper/agent/fixer wants to get an easy kill to.
    Full def, CH and run... don't bother to team, no1 needs a doc those days it seems, keep running, ubt alpha (burst fling ) and reclaim...
    We die after Nts thats true but at least Nt's kill some oppoment before diing.
    Omni soit qui mal y pense

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567