Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: endgame froob weapons

endgame froob weapons

Has anyone had experience with lvl 200 toons that do not have access to expansion content that could tell me the "best" weapons for them? I searched for this on the forums for a little, but all I could find were weapon choices from the expansions. I'm interested in all proffessions.

For easy reference:
    1.) advy (ranged and 1he <--- my guess for 1he is gelids, but i could be wrong)
    2.) agent
    3.) crat
    4.) doctor (any type of weapon... i have no clue)
    5.) enforcer
    6.) engineer
    7.) fixer
    8.) martial artist (pure ma or some combined attack (parry stick)?)
    9.) meta-physicist
    10.) nano technician
    11.) soldier
    12.) trader

i would say all the weapons from IS are the best in their class for froobs:
    Gelid Blade of Inobak - 1HE
    Skull of Misery - 1HB
    Skull of Despair - 1HB
    Prelude to Chaos - advi pistol
    Right Hand of Entropy - advi pistol
    Frost-bound Reaper - 2HE (better than Abyssal Desecrator)
    Maw of the Abyss - shotgun
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

From ancient history, these were good weapons at one time. Some newer RK weapons would do better.

1.) advy (ranged and 1he <--- my guess for 1he is gelids, but i could be wrong)

ADV ranged: Pain of Patricia/Reign of Patricia, BBI Faithful
    ADV melee: mantis scissors, gelid blade

2.) agent : Caterwaul or X3
    3.) crat
    4.) doctor
    5.) enforcer: Enhanced Queen Blade, the upgraded Tango Dirks
    6.) engineer: Solar-Powered Engineer Pistol, OT12
    7.) fixer: Manex Catastrophe December (Blinded Blackbirds)
    8.) martial artist
    9.) meta-physicist
    10.) nano technician
    11.) soldier: Div9 Plasmaprojector
    12.) trader
    Last edited by Cove; Jan 30th, 2007 at 05:24:14.
    RK1 ~Knights Templar~ General
    Goonn, 207 Fixer
    Mairibeth, 182 ENG // Revcove, 182 MP
    Koave, 135 ADV // Noaille, 145 Agent

Gaute Godager: There is no camping in Shadowlands.
    Phazeblyght: So... no camping in SL... that means people 'get a room'

The few froob doctors I see around that are 175+ seem to be using the Maw of the Abyss. CDRs are good for docs too.

lvl 183 froob doc in our org uses gelid and frost shard in offhand, being a nanomage it was that easy so we had to use some 220 implants to get enough Fastattack.

for soldier it might be the hellspinner or hellfury, i forget which one's which.
    BBI Chapman Max (the pistol with full auto) might also be an option for some of the professions.
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

thanks for all the weapon info. Anyone have any ideas on the "best" armor for a 200 froob?

Best engi pistol combo as far as I can recall was Pain Of Patricia/Master Engineer Pistol.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

armor prob depends alot on what you are doing, IS armor for Adv do look quiet nice though I have mixed it with lions leather on my 160 froob adv. But it needs to be the upgraded version of that armor, which means killing hezar 6 or 7 times if you want to use the fugly helmet.

Reactive armor from outside Biodome is quiet nice, else you have azure armor or Superiour sentinels, or the omni versions of said armor.

Is also holds the soldier battlesuit which has some nice features, can prob hold a soldier going while he is getting the last 15 levels untill he can get azure on.

I would say Reactive and azure armor prob are the best armor a froob can get, aint the easiers mobs to bring down.

for NCU two standart command juggernaut ncu containment units, and as many of the IS ncus as you get in.

while all the mobs above have become easier to kill with the different expansions, alot of the froob are in smaller orgs like the one I am in, which can make it quiet hard to actual get them item they want. Rubika1 and alliance bot have help a bit though.

best soldier gun for a froob is probably the turnspirit gun (cooperator / spasmodic assault rifle).

and before ppl give useless flames, you do need SL to camp these items and use the pre-turnspirit gun. HOWEVER, after you apply the turnspirit it loses the SL tag...
    Last edited by Bonghigs; Jan 31st, 2007 at 16:29:02.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    best soldier gun for a froob is probably the ql300 turnspirit gun (cooperator / spasmodic assault rifle).

and before ppl give useless flames, you do need SL to camp these items and use the pre-turnspirit gun. HOWEVER, after you apply the turnspirit it loses the SL tag...
    you must be joking. good luck getting those reqs as a froob:
    User Assault rifle >= 1701 and
    User Burst >= 1276 and
    User Full auto >= 1531

so don't try to seem smarter than you are.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    best soldier gun for a froob is probably the ql300 turnspirit gun (cooperator / spasmodic assault rifle).

Doesn't it gain a [nodrop] tag in the process?
    Or wait.... a froob can still HOLD it, so if you camp it with a non-froob, trade it to the froob and let the froob perform the tradeskill part that makes it nodrop?

another armor option is tarasque armor. legs for evades and chest for damage(if you can afford the chest)
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

Top fixer gun is blackbird, I'd think.

Armor depends very much on what you do. For docs, I'd guess reactive/proactive and molybdaenum armor. For most other professions prolly a mix of azure and sentinel/otaf armor. Lion Leather for MAs, prolly with dchest and tara pants. For most professions you can throw in a piece of reactive/proactive or molybdaenum armor as well.

At least half of the turnspirit weapons are very decent on RK, and you dont have to use a ql300 version. The pistols (doc, engie, NT, crat) have stupidly high max damage and go well with a PoP. The trader turnspirit gun is evil incarnate, and only needs shotgun skill. Maybe they can even get ql300 on this way, but even if not, this is the weapon with the 2nd highest max damage in the game and it is fast.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

1.) advy - Melee: Crispy Chiropteras or the Crispy/Gelid dual.
    4.) doctor - For melee doc, Gelids.
    5.) enforcer - Pained Panther or The Edge of the Tarasque [2he]/Hungry Howlet or Heavy-Headed Hardwood Staff [2hb]/Crispy Chiropteras/Skull of Misery and Skull of Despair [1hb].
    7.) fixer - Blinded Blackbird.
    11.) soldier - Augmented Hellspinner Shock Cannon.

Don't know much about the turn spirit weapons, to be honest

Armour:

+ Living Dragon Chest and legs [latter more for evades professions];
    + Heavy Notum Tank Armour/Robust Backpack/Cloak of the Wandering Knight [adv] - back items;
    + Sentinel/OTAF;
    + GA IV [fixers];
    + Proactive/Reactive armour;
    + Lion's Leather [melee advs and MAs];
    + Unhallowed Carapace [ranged advs];
    + Azure [most professions, I'd guess];
    + Kaehler [clan sold]/Frederickson [omni sold]/Frederickson Micro-Kinetic sleeves [omni, any profession];
    + Globe of Clarity/Might of the Revenant - shoulder items.
    Chronic Shichiroji Argonaut: 220 / 25 / 55 (Slice and dice)
    Not Shichidoc Fighter: 177 / 18 / 42 (Pew Pew)
    Moon Metallishi Dog: 156 / 13 / ?? (Mini TS)

General of Haven (we are recruiting!), Haven's token Aussie and owner of a ql 310 Fine-Tuned DNA-Locked Blaster Rifle.

Hic sunt dracones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Typical ANZers every subject ends up talking about sheep and criminals

I've seen enfs with dual gelids do some pretty good damage - not a bad option, especially if you're opifex (higher AGI adds more to fast attack, multi melee, and 1hE)

Or dual one with a crispy...
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

only problem with turnspirit weapons is the faction requirement, which i don't think you can get without the expansions (but i may be wrong).

Please, do not mix up turnspirit weapons with sacrosanct and inamorata weapons. The latter ones require factions and SL. Turnspirit weapons are nodrop and just require a side. POsting some stuff I had at hand for clan. Similar weapons exist for Omni. Note that the sacrosanct weapons require SL, while the final product does not. The stats are for ql150 weapons, the name of the ql300 weapon is there as well. Most fr00bs should be able to get between 200 and 250 on, depending on profession.

Adventurer
    Sacrosanct Pistol + Grey Glyph of Bhotaar = Sacrosanct Bhotaar Pistol
    Sacrosanct Bhotaar Pistol + Turn Spirit of the Masked Adjutant = Gunman Plasma Accelerator / Gunslinger Plasma Accelerator
    Sacrosanct Short Sword + Grey Glyph of Aban-Shere = Sacrosanct Aban-Shere Short Sword
    Sacrosanct Aban-Shere Short Sword + Turn Spirit of the True Seer = Righteous Gladius / Virtuous Gladius

Agent
    Sancrosanct Rifle + Grey Glyph of Shere = Sancrosanct Shere Rifle
    Sancrosanct Shere Rifle + Turn Spirit of Retrogression = Rebellion Rifle / Revolution Rifle

Bureaucrat
    Sacrosanct Pistol + Turn Spirit of Melhig the Teacher = Pistol of Education / Pistol of Indoctrination

Doctor
    Sacrosanct Pistol + Turn Spirit of the Ninth Shepard = Pistol of Endurance / Pistol of Survival

Enforcer
    Sacrosanct Mallet + Grey Glyph of Enel-Thar = Sacrosanct Enel-Thar Mallet
    Sacrosanct Enel-Thar Mallet + Turn Spirit of The Hearth = Savage Hammer / Spartan Hammer
    Sancrosanct Crusher + Grey Glyph of Enel-Thar = Sancrosanct Enel-Thar Crusher
    Sancrosanct Enel-Thar Crusher + Turn Spirit of the Savage = Skull Smasher / Solid Skull Smasher

Engineer
    Sacrosanct Pistol + Turn Spirit of Bacam-Xum = Pistol of the Maker / Pistol of the Creator

Fixer
    Sacrosanct Blaster + Grey Glyph of Bhotaar = Sacrosanct Bhotaar Blaster
    Sacrosanct Bhotaar Blaster + Turn Spirit of the Idealist = Inspirator / Influencer

Keeper
    Sacrosanct Sword Staff + Grey Glyph of Enel-Thar = Sacrosanct Enel-Thar Sword Staff
    Sacrosanct Enel-Thar Sword Staff + Turn Spirit of Gil Ogimag the Defender = Double Sword of Counteraction / Duplex Sword of Counteraction

Martial Artist
    Sacrosanct Nunchaku + Grey Glyph of Enel-Xum = Sacrosanct Enel-Xum Nunchaku
    Sacrosanct Enel-Xum Nunchaku + Turn Spirit of The Termite = Termite Nunchaku / White Ant Nunchaku

Meta-Physicist
    Sancrosanct Bow + Turn Spirit of the Shifter = Sprite Bow / Seraph Bow

Nano-Technician
    Sacrosanct Pistol + Turn Spirit of Clever Cama Jodi = Gun of the Gifted / Gun of the Genius

Shade
    Sancrosanct Stiletto + Grey Glyph of Aban-Shere = Sancrosanct Aban-Shere Stiletto
    Sancrosanct Aban-Shere Stiletto + Turn Spirit of An-Bathel the Artful = Trick Poker / Twinkling Trick Poker

Soldier
    Sancrosanct Assault Rifle + Grey Glyph of Ocra-Xum = Sancrosanct Ocra-Xum Assault Rifle
    Sancrosanct Ocra-Xum Assault Rifle + Turn Spirit of Laethosin the Leader = Cooperator Assault Rifle / Collaborator Assault Rifle

Trader
    Sacrosanct Shotgun + Turn Spirit of Lamal the Steadfast = Shotgun of Security / Shotgun of Safekeeping

Personally, I think that trader, agent, crat, doc and engie weapons are very good, maybe the 2hb enfo one as well. The one-handed pistols go very well with a PoP in the mainhand, if you can scratch the required 1050 multi together. The MP bow may be cool as well. Soldier gun is the only fr00b weapon with FA that I see that might work... although I still think that hellspinner might be better. Not sure, tho.
    Last edited by Luuv; Jan 31st, 2007 at 16:28:53.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast