Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 17.2 beast/perk changes

17.2 beast/perk changes

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is there some reason these changes can't make it to 17.1? Are they really so complex that they require an additional month or two of testing?
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRayne View Post
    I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is there some reason these changes can't make it to 17.1? Are they really so complex that they require an additional month or two of testing?
    bump bump at least 2 hour perk timers please

Bump on that lol. No reason to hold those back IMO.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Two numbers has to be changed or somewhat!!! Don't stress ze devs, 90% of them still suffering stress from rushing LE out

/Av'

PS. Light bulbs is being changed at FC and that's taking a lot of personel!
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

They arent held back they are just in the next update. The larger the number of changes in any update the longer it takes to test and release. At the moment we are making a conscious effort to release more updates more often so you don't have to wait as long between updates, and that means controlling the sizes of the updates.

This means that the updates should follow each other faster and we are working on less at one time which should hopefully increase the speed of releases.

Moving the 17.2 content into 17.1 would just delay 17.1. When you work with any version system for coders and designers its not just 'easy' to suddenyl throw things from one to the other
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Could we get a guesstimate for 17.1 launch?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Could we get a guesstimate for 17.1 launch?
    It will depend on testing over the weekend, but we are hopeful that it might be good to go next week. Cant promise yet though, but we are working towards that.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    bump bump at least 2 hour perk timers please
    bump OH GOD BUMP! im already 38 perks into reset...plz move the 2h perks into 17.1 just for me!
    Master Mentholbox 220/30 Adv
    Master Seanconnery 220/20 NT
    Neophyte Azazzel 217 agent
    Menthscrat 220/30 Crat
    Mexico-god's blindspot!

first person to ding 220 in a SL mission
    First lvl 250 adv on RK1!!!!

[Mercenaries] Wilsonat: Gorilla is animal, geurilla is animal with an AK47

Are they really so complex that they require an additional month or two of testing?
    As I already speculated, it has to be a business decision to keep you paying that extra month or two.. I mean why give the customer EVERYTHING at once, then they will only complete your game faster, then ebay/leave... so might as well spread it thin as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    PS. Light bulbs is being changed at FC and that's taking a lot of personel!
    it only takes 2 hampsters to screw in a light bulb.. it's how they got in there in the first place that bothers me o0

Long as 17.2 comes out before my account expires in May .. I'll be one HAPPY camper ^_^
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

This means that the updates should follow each other faster and we are working on less at one time which should hopefully increase the speed of releases.
    Pure <3 - won't ever complain, ever again... maybe...
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

And you people wonder why they normally dont say anything about a patch or patch notes till a week or so before release.......

If this were to happen, we'd have thread after thread of bitching because things don't work. Software development isn't as easy as that. Be patient :P

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    As I already speculated, it has to be a business decision to keep you paying that extra month or two.. I mean why give the customer EVERYTHING at once, then they will only complete your game faster, then ebay/leave... so might as well spread it thin as long as possible.
    You know... theres a little truth to this sentiment, but very little. This person is clearly not a coder/developer (no offence intended, but from your post it does not seem you are. maybe just not in corporate). Version control is a very real item. You cannot just throw changes into patches after LoE's, development time and testing plans have been developed for one set of changes. Thats why different versions exist

Yes, they want to keep you playing and yes it does weight in to hold some items back. However, it's also a development obstacle... I give FC nothing but credit for this new approach Sil is talking about as long as they hold it well

<3 FC for some good development
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    You know... theres a little truth to this sentiment, but very little. This person is clearly not a coder/developer (no offence intended, but from your post it does not seem you are. maybe just not in corporate). Version control is a very real item. You cannot just throw changes into patches after LoE's, development time and testing plans have been developed for one set of changes. Thats why different versions exist
    Quite wrong, and as a coder, I would really hope that FC would've had variable set *somewhere* that determines the amount of time a perk/spawn timer bases off.... The change is very simple, and haven't they already adjusted the perk reset timer once in the past from 3 days to 1 day? Belive me, coding the 18 hour spawn timer and the 24 hour perk reset hour certainly should be something an intern can fix.. The reason is definatly not "version testing.." - its all about the cash you give them.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Due to the age of the code, it would be best to wait and to have it properly tested Stop complaining the changes are coming.

There have been times when changing one thing affects seemingly unrelated aspects of the game for the worse and we don't want that.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Due to the age of the code, it would be best to wait and to have it properly tested Stop complaining the changes are coming.
    Code, just like a good wine, gets better with years!

i love it when the backseat coders come out of the woodwork sooner to explain that software development is a slow deliberate process when you ask for changes to be implemented . Thanks. I know. I am a software developer.

Neither of these changes should be that difficult to add.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

i love it when the backseat coders come out of the woodwork sooner to explain that software development is a slow deliberate process when you ask for changes to be implemented . Thanks. I know. I am a software developer.

Neither of these changes should be that difficult to add.
    Im a software developer too, but Im more aware of the terms like roadmap and feature contents, and the fact you usually don't wanna mess with them

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast