Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 17.2 beast/perk changes

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    ...or spawns "Beast" instead of "The Beast"...
    Actually that would be pretty funny.

/votes they do that on purpose.
    Kzuria (???/??) - Keeper : Last resort.
    Khaer (213/15) - Soldier : Forced Retirement, Hackers can rot in hell. I hope you die.
    Kuthos (220/20) - Martial Artist : Retired

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    Imagine...the Beast doesn't respawn after being killed, or spawns on 9 day/minute timer instead of 9 hours, or spawns one Beast on 9 hour timer and a second one on the old 18 hour timer, or some apparently unrelated mobs end up spawning on 9 hour timer too, or timer starts on wrong event (say 9 hours after TNH dies...), or spawns "Beast" instead of "The Beast", or spawn time on Pinks/Blues is a fixed ratio to the same Pande-wide constant making them respawn twice as fast during a raid as they do now, or...countless other things that could go wrong. And that's assuming the code is relatively clean, which it might not be.
    If they have a variable, for instance THE_BEAST_RESPAWN_TIMER=18 in some global header, there's close to zero chance all the horrors you just described are likely to happen.

But they also need to change timers on when things in the zone change, when portals come up, and a whole bunch of other related stuff you probably haven't thought of. Just trust them that it's not as easy as you think it is
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    But they also need to change timers on when things in the zone change, when portals come up, and a whole bunch of other related stuff you probably haven't thought of. Just trust them that it's not as easy as you think it is
    First off I never said it was easy, I just said Carbon's spooky scenarios aren't realistic. If you bothered to read this thread from the beginning, you'd see Im not originally supporting the idea of squeezing it into 17.1.
    Second, portals have no connection whatsoever to beast respawn timers, portals open when you kill zodiak/TSS/subjugator. Lair reset is a different matter, and if they didn't use the same global variable they have for beast reset, it's just a huge mistake.
    Last edited by deniska; Feb 6th, 2007 at 08:24:22.

I've read the thread, and my post wasn't a flame against YOU, it was a post against everyone who keeps whingeing about beast and about the perk reset timers not coming soon enough for them
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    I've read the thread, and my post wasn't a flame against YOU, it was a post against everyone who keeps whingeing about beast and about the perk reset timers not coming soon enough for them
    But its true that portals from the portal placeholders have zero relation to beast spawn timer... you can sit there and kill portal bosses 100 times and you won't trigger and beast spawning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345