Thread: 17.1.1??

17.1.1??

just crashed but now when i log in its saying need to patch 17.1.1 but aborts everytime. Whats going on?
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

same here
    "Anisherl" -220/30 - Dictator -

"Anisher" - 220/26 - Field Marshal -

"Montaro" - 150/17 - Master of 10th Dan -

can confirm that, no matter if you choose to backup the patch, or not, the patching will abort

got patched on laptop but not on pc...
    edit: both done

Patched fine here. Dunno what 17.1.1 is for though o.O

See here, the update has just been deployed to address the issue for those experiencing client crashes.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Works now.. but id agree with Larval I'd really liek to know what changed.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapthrill View Post
    Works now.. but id agree with Larval I'd really liek to know what changed.
    Just a fix for the new crash that people were experiencing after the update today.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Wanted to do a reboot and had the same problem with patch being aborted

after a few mins I could log on as usual

ah, now it works, thanks