Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zoning under combat

Quote Originally Posted by snakeyees View Post
    ITS a smiple fix if they have the PVP nano running then zoning is disabled.

IF this then that

the common programing language
    This has nothing to do with being PvP flagged.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Zoning while being attacked? (mish)

I have been blitzing alot of missions lately and it seems that the "no zoning while under combat" that was to be fixed in the last patch was not put in place in both Perpetual Wastelands and Southern Foul Hills? I have also had one or two instances of problems entering a mish while under attack in Avalon as well. Please explain why the outter zones were left out of the fix.
    One of the first Omni of Rimor to use a mech! w00t!
    [Freelance-club] Eienaoi: !logon Its not the size that matters.. Its how you use it ;D
    Eienaoi agent rimor

Pick up the key and click the mission door with it.

I managed to get into all of my mission but my point is that if FC tells us a fix it should completely address and fix the problem.

Yes I know "- Removed the 'cant enter in combat' flag from more ACG entrances" The point is that I am asking FC to fix all of the ACG entrances in the next patch.
    Last edited by ApolloAoi; Feb 18th, 2007 at 20:16:13.
    One of the first Omni of Rimor to use a mech! w00t!
    [Freelance-club] Eienaoi: !logon Its not the size that matters.. Its how you use it ;D
    Eienaoi agent rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Pick up the key and click the mission door with it.
    That doesn't always work.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Camista View Post
    That doesn't always work.
    Using the key on the entrance (door-like or otherwise) has never failed for me. Ado underwater statics (not the unredeemed temple, that works OK) on the other hand...no way in. But it's always been the case that Ado underwater keeps you constantly flagged as in-combat - just try to use your sit-down healing kits.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    Using the key on the entrance (door-like or otherwise) has never failed for me. Ado underwater statics (not the unredeemed temple, that works OK) on the other hand...no way in. But it's always been the case that Ado underwater keeps you constantly flagged as in-combat - just try to use your sit-down healing kits.
    I've had problems in places without real doors. Not consistently, but sometimes. Perhaps I'm not hitting the non-door just right -- but with a crowd of level 200 omni guards or cyborgs beating my ass, I don't have a lot of time to analyze the situation.

And of course, you bring up a very good point -- statics don't *have* keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Loul View Post
    Keep them coming aoife i admire your patience
    Thanks for the encouragement! If you can still find that old massive thread, you might notice I have been at this issue for a long while ...

Aoife

Everywhere where I've done missions on RK I've got that message That target cannot be in fight if I've had aggro.

Was running in smugglers den with aggro just now, and every door I opened I got the funny message "Target can't be in a fight."

zone: 24, area: "Smugglers Den"
    All doors. (not the entrance, I did not have aggro there so no chance to test)

Zoning... always with the zoning!

I went to SL with a newly rolled toon yesterday, and every intention of going in that static dungeon right by "The Lord." The Lord attacked me. Fine, I'm a doc, I can survive him long enough to get into the dungeon. Wait, what's this? I can't go in the dungeon? AAAAARGH! I thought that was fixed!

Please let me zone in combat again!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

I had a RK mission with my 133 MP..in SFH right by the 215 boss. No Problem,,,QW ftw,,fly right in,,,guess wat. Can enter while under attack,,,omg,,but they fixxed,,,NOT. Please get it fixed,,its realy very anoying at the least.

Lmao...i just tried to zone from the holo world back into the backyard after trying something with on the guard,,and wow,,to my amazement,,I mongoed and the birds most have aggroed,,DAH,,but i can't zone though cause-->Target can't be in a fight.
    U need location i guess...Pos: 53.3, 57.1, 14.7, Area: Omni-Tek Virtual Training Ground. Time: 2007-02-22 20:24:18 (UTC). Add this one to the list.

I had the same problem the other day in the same exact back yard Ziggy.

My experience with underwater statics in Adonis last night:

I recieved the "target must not be in a fight" message (even though I was wearing my scuba gear.)

However, I was also able to enter statics with no more than the usual trouble finding the door "hotspot". I would get the message a few times, then zone in normally.

Static dungeon at the back of Crippler Cave. The dorrway, when targeted, is labeled "Collapsed Temple."

Pos: 507.2, 1456.8, 8.7, Area: Nascense Wilds. Time: 2007-02-24 17:05:05 (UTC)

Another one .............

Do any mission doors in Rubika work? I still have not found one outside a city that works.

Another that does not ...

Attacked by Twinger Scorpiod!
    Nano program executed successfully.
    Extended location information:
    - 2571.4, 2136.4, 54.6 (2571.4 2136.4 y 54.6 551)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:551 GS=0 SG=0 R=551, resource: 551
    - zone: 4092, area: "The Gakozan Wastes"
    Server id: 3225, character id: 50000:729922280, time: 2007-03-01 02:04:02 (UTC)
    Version: 17.1.2_EP1, map id: 17.1.2.0_12.02.2007_13.13.26, build: 45967.
    Target can't be in a fight.
    Attacking Twinger Scorpiod...
    You hit Twinger Scorpiod for 331 points of energy damage.Critical hit!

Aoife

Quote Originally Posted by Camista View Post
    I think you need to put this back the way it was before the change. If that means some can still use this alleged "exploit" (that no one has ever heard of and no one can figure out what purpose it could possibly serve), then so be it.
    It's actually not hard to figure out how the old way could have been exploited. No idea if it actually was being done, but it was certainly possible. Whether that possibility justifies the change is a judgement call that I'd disagree with, but that's another matter altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    It's actually not hard to figure out how the old way could have been exploited. No idea if it actually was being done, but it was certainly possible. Whether that possibility justifies the change is a judgement call that I'd disagree with, but that's another matter altogether.
    I guess I just don't have a 'sploity kind of mind.

yet another one ...

Sil ... When are these going to get fixed? I still have not found even one that works in Rubika.

Another broken one ...

Extended location information:
    - 3411.9, 495.1, 30.1 (3411.9 495.1 y 30.1 625)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:625 GS=0 SG=0 R=625, resource: 625
    - zone: 1657, area: "The Prowler Wastes"
    Server id: 3209, character id: 50000:446526828, time: 2007-03-10 04:52:37 (UTC)
    Version: 17.1.2_EP1, map id: 17.1.2.0_12.02.2007_13.13.26, build: 45967.

Aoife

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123