Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING: Don't Trust No Gain XP Option!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    QFT! It will not be the same when Darkbane and his fellow faithful and knowledgeable gamers leave AO...
    It would even become better, if some of them joined funcoms QA team, but they shure would need to be dedicated, since testing methodically is not just happily lvl and send in reports.

On the other hand, i miss more open communication FROM funcoms QA team, id like public test scedules, planned times when they get ppl to copy some chars across, then tests methodical some features set by the devs, in AO, ark and council of testers runs the stuff QA do some other places.

I love helping out, but test server is so messy i feel lost. Mostly i got no idea what is going on, and i HAVE sent in bugsy bugs who when fixed, simply broke stuff, to the degree i just laughed until i almost topled from my chair
    "garbage in, garbage out, churn, churn, churn"

Id think AO would profit of it, if Darkbane joined funcom, really
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Ventor View Post
    Testing before implementing is kinda hard, since you first need to actually implement it before you can test
    That is what the test server is for. Of course I understand that you can't test everything on the test server, but in most cases that I can think of where someone would use a no xp gain trigger, would be the case of twinks not wanting to level. Twinks often do these ring quests, biomare quests, so on and so forth to get the best possible gear on. Therefore I would think these would be one of the first things you would test if you were putting something like this in game, as it is the most commonly brought up area of getting xp when you did not want to level on the forums I would think.

I would never blame the AO players who test out of the goodness of their hearts with their own time. I just see a lack of attention to detail on FC's part here, that is all.
    Mr. "Porta" Pottie - 220/19/59 Opifex Kingpin
    Mr. "Chewon" Somathis - 217/17/58 Brute Savior
    Many, many other alts... none worthy of mention yet...

General of Omni SV-9 an OT org on RK-1, part of Call of Fate, a multi-MMO guild.
    First 220 Fixer to play AO on my computer!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    QFT! It will not be the same when Darkbane and his fellow faithful and knowledgeable gamers leave AO...
    DB and some of the others have been there for quite some time and from my experience with them it is a great thing to have their knowledge around the game I dont expect them to be leaving Anarchy Online anytime soon though some people do have their days and just want to get away...

damn wish i had read this forum before i tried to get my lvl 60 twink his ergo rings i fully trusted the new option to disable xp, what a fool i was. 100+ hrs of twinking down the tube. a visit from a GM was only salt in the wound "working as intended" line has turning into more of a way to mock the noobish player. acted as if i should have known that "disabling all xp" really meant "this option wont help you at all"

Any word on a fix for this making it into 17.2, or is this just going to be another feature that was poorly thought out, poorly implemented, then ignored in favor of moving on to the next poorly thought out, poorly implemented feature/nerf/expansion etc?

Although I am sure there are many quests that ignore the no gain xp option and will give xp regardless, I would be happy if for a start you just fixed the first few ring quests... I think those are the big twink killers.

How hard could it be? A few if/else statements here and there and off you go... right?
    Last edited by DarkSektor; Mar 13th, 2007 at 15:49:50.
    Still waiting for a reason to come back...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12