Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 300 Implants???? eh???

Originally posted by Mmore

kinda like the low lvl nano recompilers, the ql 20 version only require 51 complit, but you must have a six-slot belt, which in turn mean you allready have a lot more than 51 complit, so you might as well get a higher ql recompiler
    those must be in there for the newbie twinks that used the tutoring exploit to get 6 slots on at lvl 2.

nice of FC to think of everyone.

--Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Originally posted by Obitus
    Although these seem like impossible stats to achieve, who is to say that FC doesn't have some other items coming in the near future that would make these stats attainable. After all, we don't have a robe or a helm to go with our Med Suits.

There might also be some new treatment buffs available from docs as well.

Fixer buffs to increace NCU
    Super doc treatment buff +200
    Uber Treatment Suit +200
    Title 6 only (or Jobe) Surgery clinic +300
    Special treatment weapon +??
    Advanced Treatment Tutoring Device +??
    2000 Token Board +200 Treatment
    etc.. etc...

You get the idea. Just because an item seems out of reach, does not mean it will stay out of reach.

If you think about it, then there is nothing possibly better than allowing items to go physically beyond what anyone can equip...

With items that go beyond what is possible to equip, it allows class differentiation. Finally, an enforcer would be able to equip a 2hb or 1 hb or 2he or 1he item that no other class can equip... likewise... a soldier could equip an assualt rifle that no other class can equip... it allows classes to be the masters of their domain...

With items that stretch beyond limitations you are faced with being creative to equip a weapon of maximum QL even at level 200. You also must maintain the 20% overequipping rule while doing this. It makes wearing different items more effective too... Suddenly the Nomad Jubilee chestpiece has merit over MKII, if you need it to keep your new assualt rifle from being overequipped...

In addition it leaves the game open for creative equipping for the entire game. It's so boring when you finally equip you QL200 weapon at level 100-110 and never change weapons again... most people equip their final armor at level 146... at least with this you are still expanding your character all the way to level 200... in addition suddenly there is a tradeoff to using items like MKII when you are taking a fair hit to AC (which may prove very important against LvL300 mobs).

Allowing implants to 'impossible to equip' levels also ups the ante (so to say) on the amount of customization you can make in your character.

Items of crazy quality will allow specialization and creative playing in the game and help keep the game interesting even at high levels....

However, there are two major flaws with items over QL200. These flaws could easily be remedied as listed below

1) these further weaken the nano techs, engies, beaurocrats, and metas... since their weapons (i.e. pets) clearly end at level 200 and very few items over QL200 would be beneficial to them as much as items to other classes over QL200. Fix: extend pets lines and nukes to level 300.

2) These items MUST drop outdoors and outdoors only... Here is the reason I say this: the items should be obtained from killing mobs and earned... (fixers and agents have made mission running too easy)... these items should be something special, and should just drop as commonly as any other items from mobs. In other words, it should be as valuable to loot QL200-300 mobs as it used to seem to loot Vets and Aces when a player was lvl 100... I don't care whether the stuff is nodrop or unique, but let the stuff not be as easily obtainable all the items that drop from mission rewards and crates... This also adds an element and a reason to hunt outdoors.

More or less items from QL200-300 if implemented properly could be a huge bonus for high level players, as they would now have a reason to play and way to improve their characters. It allows a Lvl 200 character to obtain some kind of advantage, rather than 1 million ip used in non critical skills.

I see this as a way that funcom can incredibly improve the game. There is already a rifle that goes to QL250... so it is easy to implement other items that go to higher QL's. However flagging how it drops may be more difficult, however, judging from Grid Armor and Nullity, there appears to be some kind of Mob Drop Only flag... which could be used on all QL200+ items.

Disclaimer: if any of these ideas are ever implemented, then new pets for all pet classes (stretching all the way to QL300) and new Nukes (for NT's stretching all the way to QL300) need to be implemented... and just scaled up like any other item.

The best part is, that I'm not asking for any NEW items (except for the pet classes and NT's), I'm just asking for the old items to be scaled up to new higher QL's.... Give someone motivation for being an atrox (i.e. str and stam mods their weapon skills, so they can use higher QL weapons than a similar Solitus... maybe this is QL230 compared to QL220), who knows... depending on creativity.
    Last edited by Czarina; Sep 3rd, 2002 at 14:26:11.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

That is an excelent and well thought out post Demono. From looking at the 14.5 database, it appears that's how they're heading. Your ideas compliment AO's skill system very nicely and this is very apparent at low levels where you can have alot of fun twinking to infinity and beyond.

Furthermore, it would really go a long way towards maintaining interest at higher levels since upgrading stuff basically stops at lvl 150. This helps maintain the identity of the front line combat classes (soldier, enforcer, MA, fixer). I mean it's already been proven that any prof can use a ql 200 CHS, well soldiers are supposed to be the best at ranged combat so they would be the only ones that could equip a ql 220 CHS.

BTW, quite a few people are going to wish they were opifex since their agility caps higher giving them a few more points in treatment and many weapon skills over other breeds.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Will be interesting to see how this all works.

I would be very disapointed if these implants were so hard to get on and the buffs so hard to find to make changing implants on a regular basis impractical.

My reasoning behind saying this is that in order for me to build anything (except implants) above QL185 (I think) I have to change implants as well as get buffed by a trader. So simply speaking, if it becomes obscenely difficult to get back into my normal implants I will simply not be able to change.

lol... although... imagine the NP requirement to build those QL300 implants...
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

HAHA Auno smoking crack thats a good one truthfully yes these have to be boss imps but if they arent I want the new npc mongo MONGO ANNIHILATOR its aunos database with that i could solo Tarasque and every clan at once HAHA Auno smokin crack if anyone smokes crack its FC for making new lvl 300 bosses and mongo annihalator Ide be on crack if i couls use it As far as the reqs i think its retarded no one currently can get over like 1100 treatment If these are real imps FC is and we all thought on crack.

Gmupt Level 179 Raising kane of Mayhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12